Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Rogers is horrible, however likely correct...
    Agreed - he sucks old info a lot. How do you like the Beenie?
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    i dont have an mental image for TY yet, that dexter pic distracts my imagination.
    Favorite avatar... by far. Never get rid of it. Also miss the Luther sig that 1908? had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I would. Bad defensively. Career-long big platoon splits. Career year in 2012 in a contract season where his ISO was .40 points above his career. Exceptionally poor walk rates and OBP. Theo on record of saying pay for future performance not past performance....

Hairston seems like the exact kind of player this front office doesn't seem to be targeting.
    Sounds like someone we should stay away from but also sounds like the non big name signing that and a couple teams which made an offer are now out on him. I hope we do better than this.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSportsDaily View Post
    Favorite avatar... by far. Never get rid of it. Also miss the Luther sig that 1908? had.
    Luther? I don't think I've had a Luther sig.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I really hope we don't trade vogelbach anytime soon. I'm soooo on board with keeping him another couple years and seeing if he can headline a deal. I can't wait to watch him at Kane county next year!!!

vCash
    I would. Bad defensively. Career-long big platoon splits. Career year in 2012 in a contract season where his ISO was .40 points above his career. Exceptionally poor walk rates and OBP. Theo on record of saying pay for future performance not past performance....

Hairston seems like the exact kind of player this front office doesn't seem to be targeting.
    Exactly, and I think Theo/Jed plan to fill 3rd and RF with platoons. There isn't really many solid players going for solid prices out there. So I think they will try to get creative to fill those holes a bit. It might not look good on paper, but the A's had great success with that last year. I think they plan to with a good and deep rotation and pen. With hoping they can piece together good production at 3rd and in the outfield to go around Castro ,Rizzo, Soriano, DeJesus, Barney and Castillo. If it doesn't work, well a lot of these guys will be solid trade pieces at the deadline. As for Hairston price, despite it being a career year or whatever for him. He's still not going to get big money. They are much more likely to go a route like this. Then give Bourn big money or sign a older player like Victorino or Ludwick for a big chunk of money.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Rogers sucks, has zero sources and his tweets are transparent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin25 View Post
    Exactly, and I think Theo/Jed plan to fill 3rd and RF with platoons. There isn't really many solid players going for solid prices out there. So I think they will try to get creative to fill those holes a bit. It might not look good on paper, but the A's had great success with that last year. I think they plan to with a good and deep rotation and pen. With hoping they can piece together good production at 3rd and in the outfield to go around Castro ,Rizzo, Soriano, DeJesus, Barney and Castillo. If it doesn't work, well a lot of these guys will be solid trade pieces at the deadline. As for Hairston price, despite it being a career year or whatever for him. He's still not going to get big money. They are much more likely to go a route like this. Then give Bourn big money or sign a older player like Victorino or Ludwick for a big chunk of money.
    Hairston's going to get a contract that will pay him like a starter, I think. You hit 20 home runs and put up a .340 wOBA in a contract year....someone's going to pay you enough.

I don't think he's going to sign a contract that's going to be "platoon friendly" or sign somewhere where he's a platoon player if he can get a full gig.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Rogers sucks, has zero sources and his tweets are transparent.
    He has sources he's just not good!

vCash
    i like a Valbuena, Marmol, Sori to the yanks around a nova/hughes or gardener. yanks gonna need IF depth, back up closer, power OF bat

vCash
    I agree there won't be any allstar level talent added to this team. They will add good pitchers and good relievers. Then they will get creative to fill holes with the line up with platoons and such. Unless they can swap some young players for young players.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Hairston's going to get a contract that will pay him like a starter, I think. You hit 20 home runs and put up a .340 wOBA in a contract year....someone's going to pay you enough.

I don't think he's going to sign a contract that's going to be "platoon friendly" or sign somewhere where he's a platoon player if he can get a full gig.
    If we don't sign anyone do you all think that Soriano is here to stay? Soriano (Campana/Sappelt) Dejesus?

vCash
    My guess is Garza interests the dodgers. They were in on him at the break last year pretty hard. With their resources they can take the chance of him working his way back to form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    He has sources he's just not good!
    Zing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    My guess is Garza interests the dodgers. They were in on him at the break last year pretty hard. With their resources they can take the chance of him working his way back to form.
    Losing Webster and De Rosa made their farm system made them fairly uninteresting imo. They're down to, essentially, Zach Lee and some "meh". And I will be honest with you: I'm not that huge on Lee to begin with.

I'd assume they're not really that into Garza...or we're just not that into their prospects.
    #WhyNot?

Page 22 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast