Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1773
  1. #1696
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    People have everu right to be pissed...i just dont like to hear it after every move is all. Althpug i dont agree with alot of what they have to say some of what they say makez a gret deal of sense and i think they make strong relevant and save sometime when gato goes off the depend i appreciate and redpect their views because in the grand scheme of things we all want the same things.
    Please tell me your keyboard is broke
    Or your typing from a phone.
    Just make up some excuse.

    Damn you abe.

  2. #1697
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Please tell me your keyboard is broke
    Or your typing from a phone.
    Just make up some excuse.

    Damn you abe.
    Phone in the car driving....ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    People have every right to be pissed...i just dont like to hear it after every move is all. Although i dont agree with alot of what they have to say.. some of what they say makes a gret deal of sense and i think they make strong relevant and save sometimes when gato goes off the deep end i appreciate and respect their views because in the grand scheme of things we all want the same things.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

  3. #1698
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Phone in the car driving....ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
    Cause of Death: PSD.

  4. #1699
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,752
    vCash
    1500
    Obviously arbitration estimates are tricky, but I've got them around $83 million right now, including a large complement of minimum-salary players. That's not including Soler and Concepcion.

    They'll spend a few million on some reserves in the OF and IF. But there's still room for another $15-20 million splash even if they just keep payroll at last year's levels.

  5. #1700
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,367
    vCash
    1500
    There's still enough guys out there that could help long term if they went that direction. Sadly doesn't seem to be the plan. We need(ed) to fill some holes long term and thus far we haven't. Still time though but I'm not optimistic

  6. #1701
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,451
    vCash
    1500
    There is really no excuse for our payroll to be around 90 million. They wanted payroll flexibility and now they have it. Do something with it. There are really only two bad contracts on this team right now, Soriano and Marmol. Even those two aren't that terrible. I'd be really surprised to see Marmol still on this team next year as well.

  7. #1702
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    There is really no excuse for our payroll to be around 90 million. They wanted payroll flexibility and now they have it. Do something with it. There are really only two bad contracts on this team right now, Soriano and Marmol. Even those two aren't that terrible. I'd be really surprised to see Marmol still on this team next year as well.
    I would rather suck with a 80 million payroll and finish in last place than have a 119 million dollar payroll and finish in 4th Place. If we can add two ace-like pitchers 2013 1. Mark Appel and 2014 2. Carlos Rodon I think the two vacation years would have been well worth the wait.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

  8. #1703
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Who would be down to do a PSD cubs game?
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

  9. #1704
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Cause of Death: PSD.
    Every time BDawk made a video from his phone, I just imagined a police officer pulling him over and the explanation that he would get.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  10. #1705
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    664
    vCash
    1500
    When is Jeffy gonna come in and tell us that we have too many posts in a forum?

  11. #1706
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Ummm don't hold me to this but Upton is said to have already been traded to the Rangers and Hamilton is in the Yankees wheelhouse...Granderson deal pending with three teams. Bogus rumor but lets see where Upton lands...this issssh could get interesting and boy oh boy do I hope we are one of those three teams.

    Also the Rangers pretty much have Greinke.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

  12. #1707
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    5,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Ummm don't hold me to this but Upton is said to have already been traded to the Rangers and Hamilton is in the Yankees wheelhouse...Granderson deal pending with three teams. Bogus rumor but lets see where Upton lands...this issssh could get interesting and boy oh boy do I hope we are one of those three teams.

    Also the Rangers pretty much have Greinke.
    ? What happened to LA,I thought he was La Bound?

  13. #1708
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    17,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Who would be down to do a PSD cubs game?
    We would all just get in a big fist fight

  14. #1709
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Gary Gaetti
    Posts
    9,742
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    We would all just get in a big fist fight
    In that case, I'm down.

  15. #1710
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    We would all just get in a big fist fight
    truth
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •