Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1773
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    The Rizzo trade happened after New Years last year. So, still plenty of time for them to pull off a similar trade this off season, which I expect them to do.
    Yup. The number of truly high-impact moves (IMO) that occurred so far this offseason are few and far-between.

I mean the only ones I can really think of are:

1. The Marlins-Blue Jays megatrade
    2. Longoria reupping with the Rays
    3. Upton signing with the Braves
    4. Napoli signing with the Red Sox
    5. Pagan reupping with the Giants
    6. Haren signing with the Nats
    7. Rays trading for Escobar
    8. Phillies trading for Revere

Plenty of major moves still to be made and potentially made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    For some reason I can see us trying to trade Dejesus if (bourne/Swisher/fowler/granderson) becomes affordable/available.
    Depends, hes basically making utility guy money this year right? They may want to keep him around if they can find a deal for Soriano. Guess it would mainly depend on what trade value he cab fetch in return?

vCash
    I remember ABTY saying something a couple days ago about the Cubs and Royals meeting twice and it was busy and he would let us know later. Did he every come back with what that was about?

vCash
    I still feel this offseason is far from over. It sounds like we are still in on Brandon McCarthy and Muskat said we are still looking for an OF. Also, I believe that at least one of Sori or Marmol will be headed out before ST comes around. Plus there is plenty of time for a Rizzo (prospect for prospect) type trade going down at some point.

Barney is another guy I could see heading out. As most have realized here, his value is never going to be higher than it is now. There probably isn't a better time to see what you can get for him.

vCash
    Yo well the winter meeting are over whithout one major signing
    Now we will have 5 more months of Kyle and Gato *****ing and whining
    This is the offseason it's time to relax but Damn do I hate the fall
    For yous hating on Bystro you can get the finger in the avatar of that annoying socherball
    This was once a nice forum but lately it has been hot as a swealter
    I am a cubsfanbudman but I prefer the green that grows down by the Delta
    For those of you that didn't know in Colorado they legalized the Weed
    I saw it on the news and they showed some dudes sparking up and Imagine that it was CubbiSteve
    You all know I prefer the chronic but what they had looked kind of huff
    Smoke that good have you running in your draws like Chris Tucker on Angel Dust
    Cubsfan/realist hmmm that's an oxymoron remove the ox and ask Y then you just have a Moron
    Shout out to Cporter he's a refreshing new face and he keeps it clean like a colon
    I sometimes click on 1972's post to give me a reason to light up and keep getting my toke on
    I am kind of late this time for posting this as my 4000th post
    since nothing interesting is happening Im about to dissapear like a ghost...

PEACE GO CUBS!!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Cubs just signed Andrew Carpenter signed to a minor league deal don't know much about him he is a pitcher?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50118604

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRtH_SiDeR_10_ View Post
    I can see Castro reaching 5 given the SS position and where her is at on his development. Rizzo is a different story, he's still got a small sample size in the bigs. I'd be happy with 3.5-4 from him next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Rizzo did 2.2 in half a season last year.

I wouldn't pencil him in for 5, but it's definitely somewhere in the bell curve of his projection.
    I try to stay grounded when I do this, and I lean toward floor-ish projections as a result. Personally, I wouldn’t take anything above 3-3.5 wins for either into account, but that doesn’t mean I believe it’s beyond their reach.

Without knowing for sure whether Barney breaks camp with the Cubs, the only thing I’ve really given any serious thought is that between him, Castillo, Castro and Rizzo, I’ll probably say we’ve got a combined 10 wins. That’s without me expecting All-Star level production.

I’m with KyleJRM and most others in that I’d feel much more comfortable if there was an additional arm added to both the rotation and bullpen.

EDIT: And as I typed that, we've signed another reliever. Maybe he competes with Beliveau for a spot on the 25-man?
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 12-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Cubs just signed Andrew Carpenter signed to a minor league deal don't know much about him he is a pitcher?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50118604

ugh you dont wanna know good k rate rest is yucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    ugh you dont wanna know good k rate rest is yucky
    We lost a few players yesterday. Carpenter may be nothing more than organizational depth, although he does seem like a slightly older Jeff Beliveau.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    We lost a few players yesterday. Carpenter may be nothing more than organizational depth, although he does seem like a slightly older Jeff Beliveau.
    from wiki his scouting report
    Carpenter throws a fastball between 88 and 92 miles per hour (148 km/h). His repertoire includes a pair of breaking pitches: a slider, widely considered a strong pitch, and a split-finger fastball, which has developed into his "out" pitch. He also throws a changeup, new to his repertoire since turning pro.[3] He has also been ranked as the Phillies' ninth-best prospect by Baseball America.
    yeah just an invite no biggie

vCash
    Yo well the winter meeting are over whithout one major signing
    Now we will have 5 more months of Kyle and Gato *****ing and whining
    This is the offseason it's time to relax but Damn do I hate the fall
    For yous hating on Bystro you can get the finger in the avatar of that annoying socherball
    This was once a nice forum but lately it has been hot as a swealter
    I am a cubsfanbudman but I prefer the green that grows down by the Delta
    For those of you that didn't know in Colorado they legalized the Weed
    I saw it on the news and they showed some dudes sparking up and Imagine that it was CubbiSteve
    You all know I prefer the chronic but what they had looked kind of huff
    Smoke that good have you running in your draws like Chris Tucker on Angel Dust
    Cubsfan/realist hmmm that's an oxymoron remove the ox and ask Y then you just have a Moron
    Shout out to Cporter he's a refreshing new face and he keeps it clean like a colon
    I sometimes click on 1972's post to give me a reason to light up and keep getting my toke on
    I am kind of late this time for posting this as my 4000th post
    since nothing interesting is happening Im about to dissapear like a ghost...

PEACE GO CUBS!!!
    Annoying? What did I ever do to you? LOL.

Regardless, I am honored to have made the poem this time.

vCash
    Noooooobody on this site whines and *****es more than the people who whine and ***** about the people who want to see good baseball. OTOH, OK.

vCash
    sad to say im starting to agree with gato and the kyles of the world. if the cubs roll with the roster as is and only have an ~80mill payroll. i gotta call that a lack of trying to win.

while i know its still early in the off season and the big FA are still yet to sign, the lack of being linked to anything "big" is frustrating. maybe its just the hush hush MO of the FO.

i still have faith that Something Good will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Yup. The number of truly high-impact moves (IMO) that occurred so far this offseason are few and far-between.

I mean the only ones I can really think of are:

1. The Marlins-Blue Jays megatrade
    2. Longoria reupping with the Rays
    3. Upton signing with the Braves
    4. Napoli signing with the Red Sox
    5. Pagan reupping with the Giants
    6. Haren signing with the Nats
    7. Rays trading for Escobar
    8. Phillies trading for Revere

Plenty of major moves still to be made and potentially made.
    Span to the Nationals as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    sad to say im starting to agree with gato and the kyles of the world. if the cubs roll with the roster as is and only have an ~80mill payroll. i gotta call that a lack of trying to win.

while i know its still early in the off season and the big FA are still yet to sign, the lack of being linked to anything "big" is frustrating. maybe its just the hush hush MO of the FO.

i still have faith that Something Good will happen.
    People have everu right to be pissed...i just dont like to hear it after every move is all. Althpug i dont agree with alot of what they have to say some of what they say makez a gret deal of sense and i think they make strong relevant and save sometime when gato goes off the depend i appreciate and redpect their views because in the grand scheme of things we all want the same things.