Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1773
    vCash
    I haven't given the bench any thought, but if Castro, Rizzo and Samardzija can each put up five wins next season, then maybe we've got a shot.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    I haven't given the bench any thought, but if Castro, Rizzo and Samardzija can each put up five wins next season, then maybe we've got a shot.
    5 win seasons out of all 3 would be amazing.

It's sure unlikely, but it would be amazing.

vCash
    I'm not going to play reasonable number games until we're in Spring Training, but after a peek at the depth chart, if nobody else breaks two wins on the roster, then that's our ticket to the playoffs. Big, unexpected, stupid fun, All-Star seasons out of the young core.

EDIT: If Rizzo goes all '05 Derrek Lee on us, then I suppose Castro could take it easy next year. Garza and Samardzija would have to push each other, however.

I'm just going to pencil Rizzo in for 7 wins and Castro for 3.5. Samardzija and Garza can decide between the two of them who wants to bring 4 or 6 to the party. That just leaves the 21 others to net ~20 wins. No problem.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 12-07-2012 at 04:04 AM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    Pretty sure Levine said we have offer on the table for him. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love McCarthy on a 3 year deal
    ABTY said the same about a month ago. Says McCarthy is waiting for the other dominoes to fall before he signs with anybody.

vCash
    McCarthy would be so nice. His twitter is so funny!

No but really, if they can keep him healthy the whole time then he's awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    I'm not going to play reasonable number games until we're in Spring Training, but after a peek at the depth chart, if nobody else breaks two wins on the roster, then that's our ticket to the playoffs. Big, unexpected, stupid fun, All-Star seasons out of the young core.

EDIT: If Rizzo goes all '05 Derrek Lee on us, then I suppose Castro could take it easy next year. Garza and Samardzija would have to push each other, however.

I'm just going to pencil Rizzo in for 7 wins and Castro for 3.5. Samardzija and Garza can decide between the two of them who wants to bring 4 or 6 to the party. That just leaves the 21 others to net ~20 wins. No problem.
    I can see Castro reaching 5 given the SS position and where her is at on his development. Rizzo is a different story, he's still got a small sample size in the bigs. I'd be happy with 3.5-4 from him next year. Also, take a look at the DBacks. They netted a better team WAR than the giants and still missed the playoffs. They were practically non competitive during the last stretch too. 40 or so can make you competitive, but there are exceptions.

vCash
    Rizzo did 2.2 in half a season last year.

I wouldn't pencil him in for 5, but it's definitely somewhere in the bell curve of his projection.

What happened to the D-Backs is what we in the biz like to call "variance," and it can happen to any team in either direction. Sometimes a 90-win team wins 81, and sometimes a team like the Orioles wins 90+.

That's why it's always good to give yourself at least a chance with a decent roster each year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Rizzo did 2.2 in half a season last year.

I wouldn't pencil him in for 5, but it's definitely somewhere in the bell curve of his projection.

What happened to the D-Backs is what we in the biz like to call "variance," and it can happen to any team in either direction. Sometimes a 90-win team wins 81, and sometimes a team like the Orioles wins 90+.

That's why it's always good to give yourself at least a chance with a decent roster each year.
    That's about my in line with my thought process, too. Rizzo can reach 5. Its possible. its more likely he reaches 4, howveer.

The Dbacks situation blows. They racked up a 47.6 WAR and scrapped an 81 win season. Sucks.

vCash
    They stole an LDS from us that they had no business being in, so screw them.

vCash
    Its pretty funny how we've been extremely active this offseason, yet we're still very boring.

Baker, Feldman, Camp, Kyuji, Stewart, Schierholz were all signed/resigned, yet its all very meh.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Yeah, basically same off-season as last year without a Rizzo type trade.. Yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Its pretty funny how we've been extremely active this offseason, yet we're still very boring.

Baker, Feldman, Camp, Kyuji, Stewart, Schierholz were all signed/resigned, yet its all very meh.
    The lack of ambition in the outfield is disappointing to me, but I don't hate it otherwise. If we still spend some more money on pitching, I might even like it a little.

vCash
    We're moving in the right direction on the bullpen so far, which I like a lot compared to last offseason.

vCash
    The Rizzo trade happened after New Years last year. So, still plenty of time for them to pull off a similar trade this off season, which I expect them to do.

vCash
    For some reason I can see us trying to trade Dejesus if (bourne/Swisher/fowler/granderson) becomes affordable/available.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.