Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    ****, who cares about moving Soriano anymore. We're gonna be lowballed. TB is the only logical team with the expendable pieces I can see going for him.

Keep him and his bat will be super-awesome in the line-up, once we have Tulo and Victorino on a short deal. That would be a real nice offense all of a sudden.

Then the coup de grace -- Greinke
    I don't think it's necessary to move him. In fact, I agree that the best odds are that we get lowballed and don't move him, but it makes me happy when the offseason cards start to fall in such a way that might make him more valuable to interested teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Nothing would anger the PSDatabase more.

Marlinellsbergmanning Bystroman decides when it's time to take off the mask. Meanwhile, enjoy the Cubs Forum version of the Pentagon Papers/Iraq War Logs.
    I'd prefer him to stay anonymous. Sources tend to dry up when anonymity goes bye-bye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    can yoo post something if possible I have no access to post links nor do I like posting from BS sites. I am in the car on my Dumb Phone so I am racing hard trying to get home before all of the good stuff happens.
    The Cubs have some interest in bringing in Grady Sizemore on a minor league deal.
    linkage

The Chicago Cubs are kicking a ton of tires right now at the Winter Meetings, but the most interesting hitter that I keep coming back too is Grady Sizemore. Sizemore was one of the best hitters in baseball for a few years before a series of injuries have derailed a promising career. This is exactly the kind of player the Cubs are looking into right now. The low risk/high reward player that the Cubs won’t have to make a financial commitment in.
    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2012/1...D32V37vX3f3.99
    linkage

Grady Sizemore might be a cheaper, flyer type option but whether he can still play CF is highly debatable and it can be a little frightening when 2 of your outfielders have maybe one good knee between them. The Cubs have shown interest in the past, however, and he's exactly the kind of guy Theo and Jed like to add through free agency -- a guy that has a chance to gain (or re-gain) value, not lose it over tie. Obviously medical reports will play a big role here.
    linkage

just rumor talk but here you go

vCash
    Sizemore fits a strategy of smart/clever franchises - take the fallen star/superstar on a really cheap deal and see if he can gain some value back. Berkman and Chavez are just two in the past 2-3 years, and there's plenty more. Brian Cashman mentioned this specifically at one point in time, and it's really no different from picking up a former top prospect on a flier and seeing if he might do anything.

vCash
    This Justin Upton deal when it goes down will be interesting if he goes to the Rangers/Phillies/Yankees/Braves. It opens up so many more trades for our beloved team.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    linkage

linkage

linkage

just rumor talk but here you go
    Thanks Homie!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    WHEN he signs would you take the over or under 14Million? Because it's the Giants I am thinking they don't have to go over since they never offered him the 13.3 qualifying offer.

I will say 4 years 52 million.

Deal done 4 yeaars it is waiting on the dollar amount? 4 years 40 million! That's better than the 15 mill folks were screaming we should sign him for. JFC!!!

This signing should get the market going...I think!
    Late on this sir but I was thinking it'd be around 4-45. I actually think that's a pretty good deal for that particular franchise. But I wouldn't have touched that for the cubs

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I fixed that for you
    YES! This, basically!!
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Meh, that's fine on Sizemore. But he's done. I expect....nothing.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I'm starting to get the feeling that these Winter Meetings are going to be pretty boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You think... so no Roy Hobbs encore if we sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I'm starting to get the feeling that these Winter Meetings are going to be pretty boring.
    Yeah. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the timing of Jim Deshaies hiring came at this time for a reason. Like....to tide us over for a boring Meetings with some news to talk about instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Until later Tuesday night I expect some rumors of innappropriate acts coming from suite 12A and B where Epstien and Hower are hunkering down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    yeah scary both his knees shot and back issues along with that...but who knows?? dawson had bad knees an he still hit..as gato mentioned chaavez/berkman...if he can be had on the cheap ya never know? but still yeah mehhh....just dreamin here

vCash
    Thanks Homie!!
    yw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    yeah scary both his knees shot and back issues along with that...but who knows?? dawson had bad knees an he still hit..as gato mentioned chaavez/berkman...if he can be had on the cheap ya never know? but still yeah mehhh....just dreamin here
    I don't even like his peripherals from the last time he played. He hit all of homeruns early, struck out at career high levels and walked at career lows. Seems like someone over compensating for something.

Worth a free flier? Sure. Expectations? Literally nothing.

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast