Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1773
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Dbacks get Castro+Garza
    Rangers get Upton
    Cubs get Skaggs+Bauer+Holland+Olt+Buckel
    I think it's very close, but Rangers need to add more IMO. Esp. since Rangers are doing this so they don't have to trade Profar or Andrus. Probably a prospect to Dbacks in this situation.

Also if this would be the case, I think I would ask the Rangers for more prospects instead of Holland as Cubs would have Skaggs/Bauer/Vizcaino/Buckel all possibly pitching for the Cubs at some point this coming season. It could be like Martin Perez/Robbie Ross/Roman Mendez??? for pitching or Odor/Martin/Alfaro?? for positional players. I would be totally fine with Holland if they didn't want to part any more prospects, but I would just ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpendidSplinter View Post
    I think it's very close, but Rangers need to add more IMO. Esp. since Rangers are doing this so they don't have to trade Profar or Andrus. Probably a prospect to Dbacks in this situation.

Also if this would be the case, I think I would ask the Rangers for more prospects instead of Holland as Cubs would have Skaggs/Bauer/Vizcaino/Buckel all possibly pitching for the Cubs at some point this coming season. It could be like Martin Perez/Robbie Ross/Roman Mendez??? for pitching or Odor/Martin/Alfaro?? for positional players. I would be totally fine with Holland if they didn't want to part any more prospects, but I would just ask.
    I was thinking of Holland being such an attractive movable piece for us later in the contract, think he is locked up until 17 at a very affordable rate which means we could potentially get a haul for him as well later

vCash
    I was thinking of Holland being such an attractive movable piece for us later in the contract, think he is locked up until 17 at a very affordable rate which means we could potentially get a haul for him as well later
    Oh... well nevermind then. I just checked out his contract. That's a very nice contract with 2 team options on top of that. After seeing that, I like your trade scenario.

vCash
    where are these surplus free agents theo been talkin about that wanna come here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    where are these surplus free agents theo been talkin about that wanna come here?
    I'm sure there are, but those players like money and long term deals more then coming here.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    http://www.chicagosportandsocialclub...agues/softball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    wonder how many times mark reynolds would strike out in this league

vCash
    wonder how many times mark reynolds would strike out in this league
    not as much as he is known for pitching in the NL is down save 2 or 3 teams.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Interesting stuff from Boras through Muskrat, but I read it on BN:

“We’ve seen franchise values go from $700 to $800 million for premium markets to where they’re now worth $2.5 to maybe $4 billion. Owners have made in franchise valuation, $2 to $2.5 billion. We’ve also seen a record revenue stream come to baseball from two media sources, in the fact that we’ve got a new TV contract where each club is going to get $25 million more per team per year. And almost any club in baseball, before they sell a ticket, off the general fund, revenue sharing and others, even the bottom teams, they’re going to have well over $110 to $120 million to spend, add on their ticket, concessions and other values. It’s really kind of a baseline where everybody’s at $180 million and above to begin. You also have the value of regional media rights, which we’ve seen in L.A. and we’re going to see in other markets like Chicago. If you look at certain owners, you have to say the Ricketts family for example, they’re the Ameritrade family. Well, I see why. They bought something for $800 million that’s now worth probably $2.5 billion and they have a new TV contract to negotiate in 2014 off the basis of what’s going on in Los Angeles with a $6 billion TV rights deal. And Philadelphia which may be equivalent to that, and then following, Chicago. Many of these teams can be great economic goliaths, and their owners have made very wise decisions buying those teams in the early 2000s.” It’s unclear from the quote, but I believe he had a sticky note stuck to his forehead that read “Ricketts Family: Spend more money on free agents, like mine, kthxbye.”
    http://www.bleachernation.com/2012/1...other-bullets/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I really couldn't remember who it was
    I totally thought you were just messing with him by saying that

vCash
    Posted in another thread:

Went back and read last years Winter Meetings Thread- seems like ABTY and MB posted a helluva lot more last year than this. Considering ABTY had a mini blow up two nights ago and really hasn't posted much since and now people are stepping on MB toes who immediately brought up posting elsewhere, everyone needs to chill the f--k out and stop shooting the messenger. Been lurking the web for solid Cubs site for sometime- this one has potential to be great and it seems like not too long ago it almost was the best on the web. Sounds to me like the teet is starting to run dry- maybe we should stop over milking.

vCash
    I was thinking with all this "3 way & 4 way talk" around Justin Upton and considering we obviously arent going to be competitive for another couple of years...IF we were approached by the rangers and dbacks to give up Castro what would be realistic value from both the clubs..Obviously texas would do this to keep from having to deal andrus so they would have to pay a premium to get upton and NOT trade andrus as reported. Would anyone deal castro? Not to belabor the point, but isnt much going on so i was just pondering out loud-

Dbacks get Castro+Garza
    Rangers get Upton
    Cubs get Skaggs+Bauer+Holland+Olt+Buckel

Close? and please don't flame away..just making convo and curious of his value. A move like that sets up our rotation for years and Baez is hopefully just around the corner
    I don't like Castro trades, but I kind of like this. Maybe add David Murphy going our way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpendidSplinter View Post

then call the royals and flip holland for meyers

cost controlled/reasonably priced TOR lefty for a future stud..yep..in a heartbeat i think
    Last edited by huff; 12-06-2012 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    Posted in another thread:
    When did ABTY have a blow out? When did Marlin Say he was going to post somewhere else? I must have missed something. What thread was it and what pages?

If that is the case then thats sad. They should understand we are all just excited fans and if they are getting mad over people asking questions on the internet then that is sad. No one is calling them at home or interrupting there family time. They can post whenever they feel like it. I would hope they are thicker skinned then that.

It would really suck if they stopped posting here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan23 View Post
    When did ABTY have a blow out? When did Marlin Say he was going to post somewhere else? I must have missed something. What thread was it and what pages?

If that is the case then thats sad. They should understand we are all just excited fans and if they are getting mad over people asking questions on the internet then that is sad. No one is calling them at home or interrupting there family time. They can post whenever they feel like it. I would hope they are thicker skinned then that.

It would really suck if they stopped posting here.
    It wasn't from fan questions; it was from direct comments about ABTY and MB that were bulls--t to begin with. ABTY apologized, chalked it by to extreme overwork, MB basically told whomever to go f themselves, (rightfully so. IMO)

To be honest, IMO everything you just wrote is a joke and so far from the point it's laughable. They do 'us' a free service, who the f--k are we do take out our dismay with the organization on them. They are sources, not 'the source' and have nothing to do with the lack of movement for the team, although some seem to act as if they do.

Your thicker skin comment is condescending and d-bagish. Part of the problem not the solution my friend.