Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1773
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    If shark is viewed around the league as he is on here, I'd like to see him traded
    If the royals are so inclined to move Myers I'd think that would be a good palce to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    If shark is viewed around the league as he is on here, I'd like to see him traded
    Yes. There's a pretty good chance if he was viewed that way, he'd already be gone.

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- After remaining quiet on the free-agent front for the first few days of the winter meetings, the New York Yankees made some noise on the last day with a one-year, $12 million offer to third baseman Kevin Youkilis, sources said.
    would it be bad over pay make a 1 year offer?

vCash
    were not the rays/twins/a's/pirates/ etc

we have $$ right? we wont lose a comp pick and this shouldnt affect our so called REBUILD plan to throw some xtra $$ on a 1 year deal right?

vCash
    Is anyone else happy we weren't able to land Grilli? A 36yr old middle reliever who has essentially had 2 good years is not worth that money. The pen is a perfect spot to allow some of our higher level C prospects test out their stuff in the majors.

vCash
    I was thinking with all this "3 way & 4 way talk" around Justin Upton and considering we obviously arent going to be competitive for another couple of years...IF we were approached by the rangers and dbacks to give up Castro what would be realistic value from both the clubs..Obviously texas would do this to keep from having to deal andrus so they would have to pay a premium to get upton and NOT trade andrus as reported. Would anyone deal castro? Not to belabor the point, but isnt much going on so i was just pondering out loud-

Dbacks get Castro+Garza
    Rangers get Upton
    Cubs get Skaggs+Bauer+Holland+Olt+Buckel

Close? and please don't flame away..just making convo and curious of his value. A move like that sets up our rotation for years and Baez is hopefully just around the corner

vCash
    If that's the return than yeah I would do that.

vCash
    Reynolds wants too much money Welcome back Ian Stewart ...don't rule out Ryan Dempster.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    If that's the return than yeah I would do that.
    The return seems fair all the way around i think? The Dbacks give up Skaggs and Bauer(whom they have already dangled out there before) and lose only upton but gain castro. The dbacks have pitching in the pipeline as well and add Garza.

The Rangers give up Holland+Olt+Buckel for Upton and hang onto Andrus moving Profar to 2b and Kinsler to 1B. Plus only add a little to the payroll this year.

I would be tempted in that deal. Thoyer wants young stud pitching then there it is. Put those guys together with Shark and youve got something long term while the farm develops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Reynolds wants too much money Welcome back Ian Stewart ...don't rule out Ryan Dempster.
    dont rule out decreasing attendance either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    dont rule out decreasing attendance either
    it has been for years with rising ticket prices. 2015 will have folks singing a different tune, I HOPE!!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I was thinking with all this "3 way & 4 way talk" around Justin Upton and considering we obviously arent going to be competitive for another couple of years...IF we were approached by the rangers and dbacks to give up Castro what would be realistic value from both the clubs..Obviously texas would do this to keep from having to deal andrus so they would have to pay a premium to get upton and NOT trade andrus as reported. Would anyone deal castro? Not to belabor the point, but isnt much going on so i was just pondering out loud-

Dbacks get Castro+Garza
    Rangers get Upton
    Cubs get Skaggs+Bauer+Holland+Olt+Buckel

Close? and please don't flame away..just making convo and curious of his value. A move like that sets up our rotation for years and Baez is hopefully just around the corner
    I'd been tossing the same idea around in my head. There's a lot of talk about Barney having more value to other teams as a shortstop. In this scenario, you'd shift him to shortstop and retain that value while hopefully solidifying 3B and two SPs out of those 3.

It looks fairly balanced, but I think something would have to also go back from us to the DBacks. A lower level high-upside spec. DBacks giving up Upton, Skaggs, and Bauer for Castro and Garza doesn't seem like quite enough.

Or cut the Rangers out and go Castro, Garza for Upton, Skaggs with a couple smaller pieces to balance it out.

vCash
    Ian Stewart, a cub again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSportsDaily View Post
    Ian Stewart, a cub again...

yeah for $2 mill....from cbs

The Cubs have re-signed third baseman Ian Stewart to a one-year deal worth $2 million and another $500,000 worth of incentives

vCash
    Yea..was thinking about something going back to the dbacks from us..It may sound crazy but i dont know if i would want upton if it was just us and the dbacks.

Definitely move barney to SS until baez is ready. A move like this would solidify our rotation for years. Skaggs+Buckle+Bauer all start out in AAA and we deal every other starter at the deadline.

Holland
    Samardzija
    Bauer
    Skaggs
    Wood/Buckel/Viscaino=depth

Damn, sign Edwin jackson and pull that deal and we are set for years rotation wise.