Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1773
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the coach View Post
    True and I hope things change. Just very concerning and appears the 3 year plan could me more like 6 years.
    garzas value not the same either....he stays healthy pitches well then value back up and he will be flipped in july

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    not like anyone gives a **** here
    Good for Blake. A member of my family knows the DeWitts well and told me as of July that he was considering retirement.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH:24610045
    Quote Originally Posted by StrandedCub View Post
    So what are we currently looking at in the pen?

Marmol (Barring trade)
    Fujikawa
    Camp
    Russell
    Rondon

Then a list of maybe guys:
    Cabrera
    Bowden
    Dolis
    Beliveau

So we are looking at possibly 2-4 openings depending on if Marmol stays or goes.
    Chapman?
    Non tendered

vCash
    offseason not over yet

jan 6 2012 rizzo for cashner

just saying
    Exactly, has any team made any MAJOR signings/trades yet besides the Marlins going ape ****? The market won't be set until Hamilton, Greinke, Bourn, etc. sign. Once that happens, we could do a number of things including the following:

A.) Sign "lesser" players to contracts based on what the market suggests

B.) Trade our "assets" (i.e. Soriano, Marmol, Garza) to teams who missed out on the big free agents for younger assets
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    These winter meetings have been a joke for the Cubs thus far...
    We did nothing to dump salary, aquire prospects or become involved in any deals such as Upton.
    Rays want a prospect SS and we have a good one waiting in the wings. Also, with the pitching prices out there, why are we not moving Garza unless his medical report is not great?
    Pretty obvious Theo had no idea how bad our system is especially in player development.
    Lots of what ifs in this post. Trading is quite expensive, which means teams want the moon for guys like Headley, Chisenhall and Upton.

The salary dump thing. I'm assuming you're talking about Soriano/Marmol. We're not going to give Soriano up for nothing. Wait until Hamilton/Upton is off the market and I'm sure the "losing" teams will come knocking. I'd expect Marmol to be dealt at some point.

Teams, if I had to guess, are unsure on Garza due to health issues. Its hard for other teams to deal for him because of that, and its hard for our FO to deal him if we're not getting ideal return for his level of play.

Theo knows exactly what condition our system is in. Thats why we've added Soler, Conception (while he's not looking good its still an attempt), Vizcaino, Loux and Villanueva alongside our draft.

We dont really want to deal Castro, Shark or Rizzo do we?

That leaves Barney, Castillo, Dejesus, Wood and a slew of BP arms left to deal. Castillo is a young C that doesn't make sense to deal at this point. Barney should be shopped. Dejesus and Wood... Could go either way I guess.

When you break it down, its easy to see why a lot of moves haven't been made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post
    Exactly, has any team made any MAJOR signings/trades yet besides the Marlins going ape ****? The market won't be set until Hamilton, Greinke, Bourn, etc. sign. Once that happens, we could do a number of things including the following:

A.) Sign "lesser" players to contracts based on what the market suggests

B.) Trade our "assets" (i.e. Soriano, Marmol, Garza) to teams who missed out on the big free agents for younger assets

yeah also by next july if the inevitable happens like if were CLOSE to contention theres always that major trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Lots of what ifs in this post. Trading is quite expensive, which means teams want the moon for guys like Headley, Chisenhall and Upton.

The salary dump thing. I'm assuming you're talking about Soriano/Marmol. We're not going to give Soriano up for nothing. Wait until Hamilton/Upton is off the market and I'm sure the "losing" teams will come knocking. I'd expect Marmol to be dealt at some point.

Teams, if I had to guess, are unsure on Garza due to health issues. Its hard for other teams to deal for him because of that, and its hard for our FO to deal him if we're not getting ideal return for his level of play.

Theo knows exactly what condition our system is in. Thats why we've added Soler, Conception (while he's not looking good its still an attempt), Vizcaino, Loux and Villanueva alongside our draft.

We dont really want to deal Castro, Shark or Rizzo do we?

That leaves Barney, Castillo, Dejesus, Wood and a slew of BP arms left to deal. Castillo is a young C that doesn't make sense to deal at this point. Barney should be shopped. Dejesus and Wood... Could go either way I guess.

When you break it down, its easy to see why a lot of moves haven't been made.
    ABTY hinted last night that the Royals have interest in Barney when he was talking about the fact that the Cubs and Royals have talked at least twice that he knew of.

I think the interest in Garza will uptick once he starts throwing at the end of the month and ST hits. I think he is as good as gone once ST hits, especially if the rumor that Marlin provided about us being interested in E-Jax and that fact that we are emphasizing young pitching in both the draft and with our rumored trade interests.

vCash
    We did nothing to dump salary, aquire prospects or become involved in any deals such as Upton.
    Rays want a prospect SS and we have a good one waiting in the wings.
    Two things wrong with this:

1) It's the Dbacks' Upton, not the Rays', that is on the trade block. The Rays' Upton was signed by the Braves as a free agent.

2) When you say we have a good SS waiting in the wings, I'm assuming you mean Junior Lake? Because it can't be Baez, seeing as how the Dbacks want a near major league ready SS and Baez doesn't fit that just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    ABTY hinted last night that the Royals have interest in Barney when he was talking about the fact that the Cubs and Royals have talked at least twice that he knew of.

I think the interest in Garza will uptick once he starts throwing at the end of the month and ST hits. I think he is as good as gone once ST hits, especially if the rumor that Marlin provided about us being interested in E-Jax and that fact that we are emphasizing young pitching in both the draft and with our rumored trade interests.
    The one person that I hope we deal the most, is Barney. In my eyes hes an extremely medicore piece thats been overvalued.

Agreed on Garza. He very well could be.

vCash
    I'm not so sure about Garza. I still think he ends up getting extended.

vCash
    If shark is viewed around the league as he is on here, I'd like to see him traded
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    i hope we trade barney also.... great defense is awesome don't get me wrong but his value dies when he steps up to the plate and dribbles grounder after grounder.... if only he had campana speed

vCash
    also rondon/bowden/vizcaino
    Bowden and Rondon are listed. Vizcaino is viewed as a starter and is being treated as such.

vCash
    I can't remember this, but what are the types of draft picks that can be traded now under the new CBA? Is it only the competitive balance lottery picks?

Didn't ABTY say that we were looking to try and add picks for the draft?

vCash
    Only the competitive balance picks, and only during the season.