Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 102 of 119 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1773
  1. #1516
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_cubs View Post
    v = roman numeral for the number 5.
    ok, mlmviii

    or wiat, mcmviii, I think?

  2. #1517
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    V = Roman Numeral for the number 5.
    I am aware.

    But most people don't randomly decide to use roman numerals for fun, and the rule is officially called "Rule 5," MCMVIII_Cubs.

  3. #1518
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    ok, mlmviii

    or wiat, mcmviii, I think?
    Damn you.

  4. #1519
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,113
    vCash
    1400
    Damn. It looks like we may have to add another year to the plan in order to re-accumulate assets.

  5. #1520
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    I am aware.

    But most people don't randomly decide to use roman numerals for fun, and the rule is officially called "Rule 5," MCMVIII_Cubs.
    Hey, just sayin'

    No need to get snarky about a number if you know where I'm coming from. It'd be different had I thought it was the Rule 2000.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  6. #1521
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,420
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Hey, just sayin'

    No need to get snarky about a number if you know where I'm coming from. It'd be different had I thought it was the Rule 2000.
    Not trying to be snarky. Just screwin around.

  7. #1522
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Not trying to be snarky. Just screwin around.
    My bad.

    Long morning.

    Middle School teacher running on zero coffee.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  8. #1523
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    My bad.

    Long morning.

    Middle School teacher running on zero coffee.
    I just put a pot of coffee on right now. It's nice being able to "study" for my finra securities licenses at home for the next 8 weeks.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  9. #1524
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,885
    vCash
    1500
    Well, If were going to make any more moves this offseason, their will most certainly have to be trades involving players on the 40 man or DFA's since we are now officially at 40 again.

  10. #1525
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    Im still hoping Reynolds signs a 1 or 2 year deal with the cubs and holds down 3rd base until Baez gets here.

    He could put up some serious numbers at Wrigley imo.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  11. #1526
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Well, If were going to make any more moves this offseason, their will most certainly have to be trades involving players on the 40 man or DFA's since we are now officially at 40 again.
    DFA's are my guess. We've got a few guys who can still be booted off the 40 for much better talent.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  12. #1527
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,559
    vCash
    1500
    So without Fields does this mean we go 3 years for Grilli?

  13. #1528
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,263
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    So without Fields does this mean we go 3 years for Grilli?
    I doubt it. Just because you whiff on a 27 year old RP in AAA doesn't mean you start adding years to 36 year old RP's.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  14. #1529
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I doubt it. Just because you whiff on a 27 year old RP in AAA doesn't mean you start adding years to 36 year old RP's.
    True. But we still need another mid relief guy. Especially if Marmol is dealt

  15. #1530
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,559
    vCash
    1500
    Btw 1908, I went to my first UK game at Rupp on Saturday vs Baylor which happened to be their first home loss in 55 games. I'm bad luck apparently

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •