Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 119 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1773
    vCash
    Cubs lose Burgess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    You don't want to get into a sucking contest with the Astros. You won't come out on top.
    I think it is a reachable goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    I think it is a reachable goal.
    Maybe if we were to run out our 2012 post trade deadline rotation all year.

vCash
    Matt Cerda to the Cards
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Rondon looks like a solid pick. Good minor league numbers until he was hurt I'd guess? I like it.
    Which of his 10 innings pitched the past 2 seasons makes it look like a solid pick ?

vCash
    Wow. I dont understand how some of theses teams are taking our players and thinking they will last on an mlb team. Peralta has bad command. Burgess is a platoon player in the minors that k's alot. Cerda i believe is just overmatched at the mlb level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    Which of his 10 innings pitched the past 2 seasons makes it look like a solid pick ?
    It's the Rule V draft. You don't find Bryce Harpers in this thing. Relax, champ.

For the Rule V, yes, it's solid.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelSKINSNCUBS View Post
    Wow. I dont understand how some of theses teams are taking our players and thinking they will last on an mlb team. Peralta has bad command. Burgess is a platoon player in the minors that k's alot. Cerda i believe is just overmatched at the mlb level.
    Most of these guys get returned. They pick them as a "just in case".
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Yeah. I think most of our players will be returned. But i just saw that burgess was a minors pick. He probably will not.

vCash
    Yeah. I think most of our players will be returned. But i just saw that burgess was a minors pick. He probably will not.
    Yeah he probably wont be. But honestly...whatever. He's a non prospect anyways.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's the Rule V draft. You don't find Bryce Harpers in this thing. Relax, champ.

For the Rule V, yes, it's solid.
    Rule 5

vCash
    Cerda was selected in the AAA portion. He goes to the Cardinals with no roster restrictions. He's their's and can't be returned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    Former top prospect, good k/9, good looking throwing sessions lately. This isn't a Fantasy draft where you're going to get an awesome top player without flaws. Itst he rule 5 draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Rule 5
    V = Roman Numeral for the number 5.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    All those players picked from us were in the minor league portion of the Rule V. They don't have to be on the picking team's ML roster.