Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 110 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1773
  1. #1636
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    431
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    It wasn't from fan questions; it was from direct comments about ABTY and MB that were bulls--t to begin with. ABTY apologized, chalked it by to extreme overwork, MB basically told whomever to go f themselves, (rightfully so. IMO)

    To be honest, IMO everything you just wrote is a joke and so far from the point it's laughable. They do 'us' a free service, who the f--k are we do take out our dismay with the organization on them. They are sources, not 'the source' and have nothing to do with the lack of movement for the team, although some seem to act as if they do.

    Your thicker skin comment is condescending and d-bagish. Part of the problem not the solution my friend.
    Reading comprehension is a skill and I will chalk this up to you not having any. I never once said that direct ignorient comments to either of them was acceptable. Anyone that takes out there frustraion with the cubs on them is a moron. I asked what thread and page the comments were on because I assumed they were mad at the fact that people were asking them questions. I did not know that people were bashing them. That is just dumb. My comments were in refrence to yesterday when people were saying not to ask them questions and to leave them alone. That is what I thought your post was refrencing as well. If it is the case that they got upset becasue we asked them questions then I would ask them not to post because it comes with the territory. If people are bashing them and that is why they should shut up and chill out. We are lucky to have them to give us such good info. Either way you need to relax and not be a internet tough guy.

  2. #1637
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan23 View Post
    Reading comprehension is a skill and I will chalk this up to you not having any. I never once said that direct ignorient comments to either of them was acceptable. Anyone that takes out there frustraion with the cubs on them is a moron. I asked what thread and page the comments were on because I assumed they were mad at the fact that people were asking them questions. I did not know that people were bashing them. That is just dumb. My comments were in refrence to yesterday when people were saying not to ask them questions and to leave them alone. That is what I thought your post was refrencing as well. If it is the case that they got upset becasue we asked them questions then I would ask them not to post because it comes with the territory. If people are bashing them and that is why they should shut up and chill out. We are lucky to have them to give us such good info. Either way you need to relax and not be a internet tough guy.
    Bystro got upset because someone said he wished he'd go back to "Bystro the tip giver" and not "Bystro the Hendry apologist / Epstein basher".

    I'd be upset too. Dude gives us information we wouldn't normally get, then moron's act like ungrateful dickfaces about it.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  3. #1638
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,430
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    It wasn't from fan questions; it was from direct comments about ABTY and MB that were bulls--t to begin with. ABTY apologized, chalked it by to extreme overwork, MB basically told whomever to go f themselves, (rightfully so. IMO)

    To be honest, IMO everything you just wrote is a joke and so far from the point it's laughable. They do 'us' a free service, who the f--k are we do take out our dismay with the organization on them. They are sources, not 'the source' and have nothing to do with the lack of movement for the team, although some seem to act as if they do.

    Your thicker skin comment is condescending and d-bagish. Part of the problem not the solution my friend.
    I took offense to the idea that I'm somehow biased and not allowed to articulate an opinion. I like debating things from time to time and I don't really think the current path is the right one. After 100 losses and probably another 100 loss season coming up I think that is justified. Someone mentioned a while back that the new regime was expected to raise expectations not lower them. I agree with that, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

    Appreciate the post.
    Last edited by Marlin Bystro; 12-06-2012 at 09:40 PM.

  4. #1639
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    665
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan23 View Post
    When did ABTY have a blow out? When did Marlin Say he was going to post somewhere else? I must have missed something. What thread was it and what pages?

    If that is the case then thats sad. They should understand we are all just excited fans and if they are getting mad over people asking questions on the internet then that is sad. No one is calling them at home or interrupting there family time. They can post whenever they feel like it. I would hope they are thicker skinned then that.

    It would really suck if they stopped posting here.
    The Marlin one happened on page 7-9 area of the Stewart signing where chitownsports or something like that was saying that marlin was whining or something of the sort.

  5. #1640
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    I took offense to the idea that I'm somehow biased and not allowed to articulate an opinion. I like debating things from time to time and I don't really think the current path is the right one. After 100 losses and probably another 100 loss season coming up I think that is justified. Someone mentioned a while back that the new regime was expected to raise expectations not lower them. I agree with that, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

    Appreciate the post.
    I disagree with you, but I still like you very much Bystro


    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  6. #1641
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    431
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone that bashes ABTY or Marlin is an idoit. These guys do a great job giving us info we would never normally get. They should be appreicated on here. They have lives to live and for them to take out time to tell us things and expect nothing in return is very generous of them. Keep up with the great work guys.

  7. #1642
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,554
    vCash
    1500
    what a lackluster wintermeetings. Thanks a lot Grink!

    im still optimistic about potential trades.

    KC springtraing? Garza/Barney
    ATL/TB Sori
    NYY Marmol
    CLE CHOO!
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 12-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.

  8. #1643
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tullahoma, TN
    Posts
    5,636
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    what a lackluster wintermeetings. Thanks a lot Grink!

    im still optimistic about potential trades.

    KC springtraing? Garza/Barney
    ATL/TB Sori
    NYY Marmol
    CLE CHOO!
    Another thing people are overlooking is that there are still some pretty interesting people that are still out there that while they may not be as flashy as a Grienke or Hamilton, would fit into our plans/would make us suck a little less. The Winter Meetings always end up being about the one or two big names (look at Pujols/Fielder/Lee last year) and people tend to forget about smaller fish that could be a little more cost productive...

    The Winter Meetings don't make or break anyone's off season, they just really get the stove heated up!


    Welcome back Theriot... and say hello to my little friend...

  9. #1644
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,980
    vCash
    1500
    Seriously, anyone bashing ABTY and Marlin for providing info which is a free service that they do not have to do needs to leave. There great at what they do and I appreciate everything they give us. There one of the main reasons I come to this site.

    Keep up the good work guys.

  10. #1645
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    8,861
    vCash
    500
    We still have a shot at getting Grilli:

    According to Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Jason Grilli is considering a two-year offer from the Pirates, as well as "similar offers" from the Blue Jays and Cubs.

    The Giants had also been in on the righty-hander but dropped out because they were hesitant to offer more than one year. Reports surfaced earlier Thursday that Grilli had agreed to take the Pirates' offer, but apparently it's not a done deal yet. Biertempfel adds that there were "no indications Thursday night that Grilli had asked teams to revise their offers or that he was reopening the bidding," so it sounds like he'll make a decision soon.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=383207&spln=1


    ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

  11. #1646
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    33
    vCash
    1500
    This is all Greinke's fault, Hamilton too.

  12. #1647
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    1,166
    vCash
    1500
    I don't care that ABTY forgave him, I still think we should go after TA3 with a crowbar.

  13. #1648
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like tensions are high since the Cubs didn't do anything.

    Calm down people. EVERYONE knew it was goign to be another 95+ loss season.
    Next year, if the Cubs don't make a splash, then I'm all for everyone killing everyone. Last one standing wins.
    Got another year before you can do that though

  14. #1649
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79:24617254
    Seriously, anyone bashing ABTY and Marlin for providing info which is a free service that they do not have to do needs to leave. There great at what they do and I appreciate everything they give us. There one of the main reasons I come to this site.

    Keep up the good work guys.

    Same here. This FO is just so unpredictable

  15. #1650
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    29
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Looks like tensions are high since the Cubs didn't do anything.

    Calm down people. EVERYONE knew it was goign to be another 95+ loss season.
    Next year, if the Cubs don't make a splash, then I'm all for everyone killing everyone. Last one standing wins.
    Got another year before you can do that though
    I think we may be in for another season of #300ordie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •