Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 119 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1773
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Former top prospect, good k/9, good looking throwing sessions lately. This isn't a Fantasy draft where you're going to get an awesome top player without flaws. Itst he rule 5 draft.
    Understand - but taking a pitcher that hasn't been healthy since 2009 and trying to keep on your 25 man roster doesn't seem worth the hassle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Cerda was selected in the AAA portion. He goes to the Cardinals with no roster restrictions. He's their's and can't be returned.
    He will now become the next great Cardinal and murder us for the next 10 years with his bloop hits, scrappiness, and pure grit

vCash
    So its official, this has been the most boring winter meetings from a Cubs standpoint in a long time.

vCash
    What did you expect? Honestly, FA wise this is roughly what I anticipated. Will have to say I expected some sort of Vitters/Jackson/Barney/Marmol/Soriano deal at some point, but I get the idea of letting the chips fall and selling afterwards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    What did you expect? Honestly, FA wise this is roughly what I anticipated. Will have to say I expected some sort of Vitters/Jackson/Barney/Marmol/Soriano deal at some point, but I get the idea of letting the chips fall and selling afterwards
    I expected a genuine MLB starting outfielder.

vCash
    I at least expected a decent rumor to be excited about yet we got nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utkcub View Post
    I at least expected a decent rumor to be excited about yet we got nothing.
    Dempster reunion was exciting for about 10 mins...if he relents it still could be exciting.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Dempster reunion was exciting for about 10 mins...if he relents it still could be exciting.
    About as exciting as seeing your hot ex-girlfriend for 10 minutes I suppose...

vCash
    Grilli down to Pirates, Jays and Cubs according to Rosenthal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    Understand - but taking a pitcher that hasn't been healthy since 2009 and trying to keep on your 25 man roster doesn't seem worth the hassle
    Well its fine to have that opinion, and maybe you're right. But the FO seems to disagree, and given the Pedigree Rondon comes with, along with the success hes achieved in the minors and the good scouting reports of recent throwing, I'll go along with them on this. Again, its a rule 5 pick. Worst case, the whole thing blows up and you end up sending him back. Looking through the list of players selected behind him, its hard to get too upset with the pick TBH.

vCash
    I like Rondon just fine as the pick. There's a ton of upside there and he appears to have been doing well in Venezuela.

I hate losing Peralta, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Grilli down to Pirates, Jays and Cubs according to Rosenthal.
    And it will be a two year deal (according to Rosenthal)

vCash
    Honestly, I was expecting those kind of deals too.

I think were going to start to see a whole new trend in baseball when it comes to MLB team development due to the new CBA. Teams seem to be more hesitant to give up top prospects due to cost control and fear overpaying on free agents.

Didn't ABTY say that teams asking prices on guys were ridiculous? I thought he mentioned that teams that the Mets contacted were asking for Zach Wheeler in virtually every deal, even in one for a back up catcher.

vCash
    I'm not happy that we lost Peralta, but it's fair to think they didn't expect anyone to take a guy who hasn't pitched above Peoria. I guess those who weren't happy about Nick Struck being unprotected don't have to worry about that.