Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

LA Clippers @ Utah Jazz 7pm MT

we need to continue our home streak

vCash
    Is it just me or are the Clippers a bunch of floppers.

vCash
    it's def not just you. blake is one of the biggest floppers in the league.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    wow mo didn't even touch chauncy billups.

vCash
    Billups better get a warning for that game changing flop.

vCash
    gg

vCash
    get a defensive minded coach
    get a player who can secure defensive rebounds
    i don't know what's wrong with Milsap this year, not hustling not attacking

vCash
    I don't mind defensive flops, but flops on 3 pointers and jumpshots suck. unfortunately everyone does it

vCash
    not everyone does it... everyone on the clippers do. they're the western version of the damn flopping heat.

pisses me off. what happened to hardnosed, sloan basketball. this isn't a gentleman's game. billups, paul, blake should all be fined.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Source.

One of the NBA’s flop masters has been warned for executing his patented move.

The NBA officially warned Clippers guard Chauncey Billups for violating its anti-flopping policy on Wednesday.

Billups’ flop occurred late in the fourth quarter of a Monday night win over the Jazz in Utah. With 1:14 remaining in the game and Utah leading 99-97, Billups attempted a three-pointer as Jazz guard Mo Williams closed out to defend the shot. Replays showed Williams went by Billups to the left without initiating any contact, but Billups stuck out his left arm, contacting Williams, before letting his legs give way so he would fall to the ground. Referee Dick Bavetta called a defensive foul on Williams, awarding Billups three free throws. Billups hit two of them, tying the game, and the Clippers wouldn’t trail again after guard Chris Paul made a lay-up on Los Angeles’ next possession. Los Angeles escaped from Energy Solutions Arena with the 105-104 road win.

This type of flop, one that Billups has perfected over the years, was specifically called out in the NBA’s official video introducing its flopping policy. In the video, Heat guard Dwyane Wade was called out for trying to draw a defensive foul in a similar manner. In that play, Wade initiated contact with his leg rather than his arm.

“After releasing the jump shot, the shooter, No. 3 in the white uniform, extends his right leg attempting to draw a defensive foul,” the video’s narrator explains. “While there is marginal contact on the play, the flail and spin to the floor by the offensive player is an over-embellishment and it’s inconsistent with marginal contact.”

Billups becomes the seventh player warned under the new system, joining Nets forward Gerald Wallace, Rockets forward Patrick Patterson, Nets forward Reggie Evans, Thunder guard Kevin Martin, Timberwolves guard J.J. Barea and Cavaliers guard Donald Sloan. Wallace and Evans have each been fined $5,000 as repeat violators.

Billups will now be subject to fines if they are deemed to have violated the policy again. The sliding fine scale looks like this.
    Good.
    don't let it go to your head big fella

vCash
    to bad it doesn't help the jazz out at all