Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

D-Will's 3-year shooting slump?

The Nets have put together a great squad with some real talent, and I've always been a fan of D-Will, but I'm left scratching my head about him. I think everybody noticed that his FG% took a big dip when he joined the Nets. I assumed that perhaps it had something to do with defences being able to focus on him. I thought that this season would see his FG% improve since defences now had multiple players to worry about (Lopez and JJ for example), but... nothing?

This is indeed a curious case. I don't think I've ever seen a guy who shot the ball so well become such a bad shooter? I mean, in the 07/08 season he played 37 minutes a game and shot the ball a lot and managed to shoot .500 from the field and almost .400 from behind the arc. He improved his FG% each of his first three season and while with Utah averaged somewhere between 45-50% from the floor, but once he joined the Nets it just dropped? .349 in his first season with the Nets, then .407 last year, a career low, and now he's shooting .388? Another career low?

He's still passing the ball well, and hey, bottom line is the team is winning, right? but does anybdoy else think this is curious? I can't remember somebody, other than Antone Walker perhaps, becoming a worse shooter as their career progresses. Most players stay somewhere around their career average and have a season or two that are higher than the rest, but to drop from over .500 to under .400 seems very odd to me.

Does anybody out there have an explanation for this? I realize that his 3pt atempts have increased over the years, but that doesn't seem like enough to set it off this much?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    He caught the chucker virus

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    well, he has never been a very good 3 point shooter, and that was a minimal part of his game earlier in his career. So as his attempts behind the line have gone up, that means not only do his percentages drop, but his foul shots drop, because he is instead taking long range shots versus shots that could draw a foul, and he is taking 5.2 low percentage shots a game now, versus less earlier in his career.

His long 2 percentages have slipped as well. Part of it, imo, is that Sloan made him better. Simply put, Deron is not the same Deron now, as he was from 07-11', which is why many have dropped him in the PG rankings.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    um he is hurt

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    I have to admit so far this season i was wrong about D will i assumed more talent around him would make his job much easier but it really hasn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    um he is hurt
    no, he is shooting a lot more shots over the past 2 years that he is not good at making. Its that simple.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Sloan had him more under control in terms of shot selection in Utah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    um he is hurt
    for the last 3 years?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    He's on the Nets thats the problem. Jk seriously im joking don't get butt hurt.
    The dude is an all-star calibur point guard he is doing fine. He will get better. He is still adjusting to the Nets system with all the new players. But he should move the ball more.
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no, he is shooting a lot more shots over the past 2 years that he is not good at making. Its that simple.
    HE IS HURT! So you are saying that doesnt effect his shot?

It takes a real LEGEND to win a championship in Brooklyn, and I think we've found that special person. Deron Williams only a matter of time before the gold comes home. If there is one guy who can do it, its you! We love you Deron and hope you retire in Brooklyn!

vCash
    Being hurt would only explain his shooting this year.

vCash
    I expect him to end the season shooting about 45% from the field.

May not be as good as his Jazz days, but hey he didn't get any younger and he had a great coach. He's still a elite NBA PG and his playmaking ability is so important on this team.

vCash
    dammit, I was about to post in before DMF.

vCash
    His overall game has declined, less APG, more TO's. Much lower FG%. Even before NJ his career 3pt % was a very solid 36-37%, with NJ/BK he's been at around 31% from 3. but more than that he's complained and whined and called our his teammates alot in NJ/BK. He's still a great PG, but he's def taken steps back... I don't think he's really a franchise player right now.

I remember thinking NJ ended up with the better player when they got Dwil over Melo... now... not so much.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 12-01-2012 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    he doesnt drive as much as he should and sometimes hes forced to take bad shots late in the shot clock
    [

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast