Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    DPLennon Alderson make it sound like he could wait for Greinke signing to capitalize on fewer choices in pitching market.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Alderson on Dickey: "The teams that are interested will approach us....We're not out promoting interest or buying billboards at this stage."

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    With KC we know they are not in on Greinke. So say he goes to LA. That means Texas and KC get into a bidding war. Myers or Olt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Myers
    Yep, as I posted in the other thread Myers needs to be the goal here. R.A. means too much to this franchise to be sold short on a deal. Acquiring Myers would be hiting the jackpot, much like Wheeler for Beltran was... just need to be patient and hopefully Grienkie sign soon to expidite the process...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    With KC we know they are not in on Greinke. So say he goes to LA. That means Texas and KC get into a bidding war. Myers or Olt.
    I want more than Olt from the Rangers if they look to make that move.

Myers is a much better prospect than Olt.

vCash
    Fair or not, Dickey's age and repertoire is making teams reluctant to give up significant talent for him, tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Of course, as Martino adds in a second tweet, it just takes one club to step up and change that. Still, for now, Jonathon Niese is viewed as the more appealing Mets arm, according to Martino.

vCash
    Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
    The Red Sox met with Mets to talk about possible trade for R.A. Dickey, according to a baseball source. Mets want Bogaerts and Bradley, Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Who is your source?
    Sandy Alderson. Also there were reports saying the Mets will only aqcuire players that can help sooner rather than later. That seems to fit with a "difference-maker."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Dont see that happening, more like Brentz and Bradley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Red Sox would be stupid as **** to do that.

vCash
    I highly doubt they would even get a guy like Bradley. Dickey's trade value isn't that high. He's 38 coming off a career year signed for 1 season and will be asking for a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Red Sox would be stupid as **** to do that.
    At least we know Sandy is not short selling RA.

Please let Greinke sign soon so the Mets have more leverage.

vCash
    I guess the Toronto doesn't want Dickey. want Dickey based on a package of a 5th OF and a backup catcher. I wouldn't deal Gee for that package.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    I highly doubt they would even get a guy like Bradley. Dickey's trade value isn't that high. He's 38 coming off a career year signed for 1 season and will be asking for a lot.
    In which he won the Cy Young. If teams really want a younger guy under control for more years, at a lower cost, they'll make an offer on Niese instead.

But it's pretty clear either guy is worth either a pretty good quality starting MLB outfielder, or likely more than one quality prospect who hasn't played above AA.

I know the Wheeler trade is looking pretty good right now, but at the time, lots of people liked Gary Brown as much as Wheeler. Or as much as people now like Bradley. How is he looking right now? Unless you get an MLB ready guy like Meyers, who is probably less risky than most free agents, trading for prospects can be a gamble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post

Except for the fact that he said he wont be asking for a lot.

Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast