Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1196
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Then Sandy shouldn't trade with the Blue Jays. Find another suitor, or just wait for mid-season when desperation is higher for other teams.

No way we should trade Dickey to the Blue Jays for anyone else not named Travis d'Arnaud.
    There aren't any other suitors that will give up a top guy if we can't get TDA. JPA, Gose, and Syndergaard/Sanchez is a package I would settle for Dickey. We get younger, and the possible reward could be great.

vCash
    This is starting to sound like the San Francisco thing where we weren't going to get Wheeler at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    This is starting to sound like the San Francisco thing where we weren't going to get Wheeler at all
    The difference is that AA is not Sabean. Sabean is dumb.(yet he destroyed us in the Pagan deal ) I'd give it a 10% chance we get TDA at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    I really don't know how I'd feel about trading Dickey. I don't know much about the Jay's prospects, is this d'Arnaud guy really good?
    hes the best catching prospects in the minors.

here's a scouting report from last year by goldstein:

1. Travis díArnaud, C
    DOB: 2/10/89
    Height/Weight: 6-2/195
    Bats/Throws: R/R
    Drafted/Signed: First round, 2007, Lakewood HS (CA)
    2011 Stats: .311/.371/.542 at Double-A (114 G)
    Tools Profile: He can hit, has power, and plays solid defense.

Year in Review: díArnaudís ceiling always intrigued scouts, and a healthy season allowed him to put it all together to earn Eastern League MVP honors.

The Good: d'Arnaud has all the tools to be a star player. He has a quick bat, outstanding hand-eye coordination, the ability to hit .280-.300, and the strength to add 25-plus home runs annually. He's very athletic for a catcher with a plus arm, and he moves well behind the plate. He is a 40 runner.

The Bad: d'Arnaud has the potential to be a plus defender, but he still needs to improve his receiving skills and the quickness of his release. He's made some strides in his plate discipline, but it could still use refinement.

Ephemera: d'Arnaud played 17 games as the number-five hitter for Double-A New Hampshire, batting .409/.451/.788 with five home runs.
    Perfect World Projection: He could be an All-Star catcher.

Fantasy Impact: Itís rare to find catchers who can hit in the middle of the order.

Path to the Big Leagues: d'Arnaud will enter 2012 as the best catching prospect in the minor leagues. He could put up some huge numbers at Triple-A Las Vegas before getting a look in September.

ETA: Late 2012

vCash
    I just don't see them trading a guy like that for Dickey. We'll see I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I'll defer to all you other posters about the minor leaguers. I know nothing about them.

I just would not trade Dickey for anything less than at least one decent starting position player. If hey do go for a minor leaguer like this D'Arnoud, they better be sure he is ready to start in the majors.

If a team wants to throw in prospects, fine; but the Mets need to get one sure first string player out of this.
    We need a piece for the long term.

The JPA and Gose route only gets us starters for the next few years. Mind you, the next two years, we'll probably be in 4th place. It gets us quantity for now but NOT quality for the long term. Plus JPA is a .220 hitter, nothing you can't get in the free agent market.

We need to look towards 2014-2015, NOT 2013. We're going to end up in 4th place this season. Just accept it. Make moves for 2014ish and beyond. Don't be short sighted.

Getting TDA gets us a 22 year old top notch catching prospect. He was ranked second in the Eastern League in 2011 behind only Bryce Harper. By the time he's 24, it'll be 2014, and we'll also have our pitchers come up at the same time. That's the route we need to go. Not to "plug-in" holes for 2013, but to give us hope for 2014 and, more importantly, beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I'll defer to all you other posters about the minor leaguers. I know nothing about them.

I just would not trade Dickey for anything less than at least one decent starting position player. If hey do go for a minor leaguer like this D'Arnoud, they better be sure he is ready to start in the majors.

If a team wants to throw in prospects, fine; but the Mets need to get one sure first string player out of this.
    No prospect is a sure thing tho. When we traded halladay everyone thought the key was drabek. Funny how the third piece, d'arnaud, ended up being the best of the bunch.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    hes the best catching prospects in the minors.

here's a scouting report from last year by goldstein:

1. Travis díArnaud, C
    DOB: 2/10/89
    Height/Weight: 6-2/195
    Bats/Throws: R/R
    Drafted/Signed: First round, 2007, Lakewood HS (CA)
    2011 Stats: .311/.371/.542 at Double-A (114 G)
    Tools Profile: He can hit, has power, and plays solid defense.

Year in Review: díArnaudís ceiling always intrigued scouts, and a healthy season allowed him to put it all together to earn Eastern League MVP honors.

The Good: d'Arnaud has all the tools to be a star player. He has a quick bat, outstanding hand-eye coordination, the ability to hit .280-.300, and the strength to add 25-plus home runs annually. He's very athletic for a catcher with a plus arm, and he moves well behind the plate. He is a 40 runner.

The Bad: d'Arnaud has the potential to be a plus defender, but he still needs to improve his receiving skills and the quickness of his release. He's made some strides in his plate discipline, but it could still use refinement.

Ephemera: d'Arnaud played 17 games as the number-five hitter for Double-A New Hampshire, batting .409/.451/.788 with five home runs.
    Perfect World Projection: He could be an All-Star catcher.

Fantasy Impact: Itís rare to find catchers who can hit in the middle of the order.

Path to the Big Leagues: d'Arnaud will enter 2012 as the best catching prospect in the minor leagues. He could put up some huge numbers at Triple-A Las Vegas before getting a look in September.

ETA: Late 2012
    So, if our goal is to get better by 2014, this guy could be a key? I'm always worried about prospects, especially with catchers. We need a catcher who can produce, and I am getting sick of Thole.

Catcher is a problem for us, but I still feel that our biggest problem is our OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I just don't see them trading a guy like that for Dickey. We'll see I guess.
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here. It comes down to philosophy. Do you trade such a high prospect for a better chance to win today, or don't you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    So, if our goal is to get better by 2014, this guy could be a key? I'm always worried about prospects, especially with catchers. We need a catcher who can produce, and I am getting sick of Thole.

Catcher is a problem for us, but I still feel that our biggest problem is our OF.
    We do need outfielders but hitting catchers are even harder to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here. It comes down to philosophy. Do you trade such a high prospect for a better chance to win today, or don't you?
    I think the Blue Jays could be better off signing a guy like Edwin Jackson and plugging D'Arnaud over Arencibia. That improves them a lot.

I'd be hard-pressed to give him up if I was a Jays fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Except that Wheeler wasn't even top 50 ranked before the 2011 season and was barely top 30 after we traded for him. TDA is the top catching prospect and number 11 overall prospect. This is a lot difference and while I still think we get him, this is NOTHING like the SF thing where we weren't getting Wheeler... since TDA is a much higher touted prospect.

vCash
    The guys I'm realistically looking at as a centerpiece in a deal is Syndergaard or Sanchez. Both high ceilings, our future rotation could look sick if we acquired one of those guys. Then you could add a Gose and JPA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    There aren't any other suitors that will give up a top guy if we can't get TDA. JPA, Gose, and Syndergaard/Sanchez is a package I would settle for Dickey. We get younger, and the possible reward could be great.
    Thats honestly a steal for the mets... Jpa, gose and sean nolin might be a nice middle ground tho. Nolin is quite impressive... Jpa is the 3rd piece here, obviously.

Syndergaard is an absolute stud. Write it down... If your lucky enough to get him your picking up the next zach wheeler type prospect added to your system. Hes awesome and still real young.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    No prospect is a sure thing tho. When we traded halladay everyone thought the key was drabek. Funny how the third piece, d'arnaud, ended up being the best of the bunch.
    Perfect example of why i still think in the end the Mets end up getting TDA, Gose, and maybe Syndergaard. People acting like all three of those guys are gonna be stars. Mets would be lucky if 1 of them end up being very good.

That's a #11 and #83 overall prospect + Gose.

Rays got a lot more for less.

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast