Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1196
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    One thing this brings up is that if the Mets' first intent all along has been to deal Dickey, then criticism of Alderson for not making other moves is baseless because clearly he was waiting to see what if anything transpired with R.A. and what players he might receive in return. Part of that also required the market to open up after free agents like Greinke and Sanchez, et. al. were under contract.

Bottom line is that the knee jerk reactions to the Mets walking away from the winter meetings without a significant acquisition were premature and intellectually irresponsible.
    Premature…yes

Intellectually irresponsible……????…we're talking about a baseball player. Let's try to keep things in perspective here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    One thing this brings up is that if the Mets' first intent all along has been to deal Dickey, then criticism of Alderson for not making other moves is baseless because clearly he was waiting to see what if anything transpired with R.A. and what players he might receive in return. Part of that also required the market to open up after free agents like Greinke and Sanchez, et. al. were under contract.

Bottom line is that the knee jerk reactions to the Mets walking away from the winter meetings without a significant acquisition were premature and intellectually irresponsible.
    I'm sorry, but that theory doesn't hold water. Even if the plan was to deal Dickey (which clearly was their preference) there's no sense in waiting to see what he does or doesn't bring back, since those talks could theoretically go nowhere, and/or could take the majority of the winter. The Dickey deal should not dictate what gets done before it. That makes no sense whatsoever.

What's intellectually irresponsible is bending over backwards with half-baked theories such as yours just to defend the FO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I'm sorry, but that theory doesn't hold water. Even if the plan was to deal Dickey (which clearly was their preference) there's no sense in waiting to see what he does or doesn't bring back, since those talks could theoretically go nowhere, and/or could take the majority of the winter. The Dickey deal should not dictate what gets done before it. That makes no sense whatsoever.

What's intellectually irresponsible is bending over backwards with half-baked theories such as yours just to defend the FO.

vCash
    John Perrotto ‏@jperrotto
    Am told #BlueJays will not give up Travis d'Arnaud in any trade with #Mets for R.A. Dickey.

vCash

3 teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey-Rubin post #918

Yeah, I would only be happy if they so TDA for Dickey, the other guys were meh.

vCash

Lets see who blinks first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    John Perrotto ‏@jperrotto
    Am told #BlueJays will not give up Travis d'Arnaud in any trade with #Mets for R.A. Dickey.
    Then Sandy shouldn't trade with the Blue Jays. Find another suitor, or just wait for mid-season when desperation is higher for other teams.

No way we should trade Dickey to the Blue Jays for anyone else not named Travis d'Arnaud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Then Sandy shouldn't trade with the Blue Jays. Find another suitor, or just wait for mid-season when desperation is higher for other teams.

No way we should trade Dickey to the Blue Jays for anyone else not named Travis d'Arnaud.
    eh.... i see what you're saying but i kinda disagree... they could still be a trade partner.

But if it's no TDA, then it will be a package of players such as JPA, Gose, Sanchez, Syndergaard, Bonifacio, and even someone like DJ Davis. I'm not saying all those players in one deal, but something along those lines. I still think we get TDA in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post

You do realize leverage goes way down at the deadline right? Especially with the new cba.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Like I said I expect should Sandy insist on TDA that AA asks for the deal to be expanded similarly to what happened with the Marlins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    eh.... i see what you're saying but i kinda disagree... they could still be a trade partner.

But if it's no TDA, then it better be JPA, Gose, Sanchez, and even someone like DJ Davis. I still think we get TDA in the end.
    Us with no TDA + JPA and/or Gose = 4th place for even longer.

I'm trying to get out of 4th place long term. I wouldn't do any deal with the blue jay right now if it's not for TDA.

vCash

Martino says Sandy INSISTED on d'Arnaud during the meetings. Hopefully that hasn't changed.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I think Sandy imay add some pieces to get TDA. If he wasn't this would be a quick deal that would get done tonight.

I hope for TDA and Gose.

vCash
    I really don't know how I'd feel about trading Dickey. I don't know much about the Jay's prospects, is this d'Arnaud guy really good?

vCash
    I'll defer to all you other posters about the minor leaguers. I know nothing about them.

I just would not trade Dickey for anything less than at least one decent starting position player. If hey do go for a minor leaguer like this D'Arnoud, they better be sure he is ready to start in the majors.

If a team wants to throw in prospects, fine; but the Mets need to get one sure first string player out of this.