Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1196
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    JPA + Gose + whatever clearly makes the Blue Jays a better team, where that really doesn't benefit the mets all that much if at all. It fills holes but doesn't add quality. It would upgrade the mets as much as if the jays got Dillon Gee + pitching prospect.. The jays need pitching, and fills a hole but not in a way that really benefits them all that much

The mets really aren't asking for the world. The Blue jays want to win now, and the mets want to build long term, so swapping an impact now player for an impact future player doesn't seem unfair to either side. It has to be TDA or else I don't know why the mets are even getting in this discussion. Similar impactful players can be gotten from the free agent market.

In a dickey for TDA, trade both teams would be getting players of quality that isn't available in the free agent market
    Gose makes the Mets much better defensively and has speed we could use at the top of the order. JP has power and could be a run producer.

I want TDA though, but like I've said all along, I'd take a JP, Gose, Syndergaard/Sanchez package any day. I'd prefer Sanchez because I liked him before the draft and he has a higher ceiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Has anyone questioned TDA's minor league stats? JPA had similar stats in Vegas as well and JPA isn't all that great.
    They aren't similar and TDA did it at a younger age. I think he'll be an .800 OPS type bat at catcher which is pretty great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Gose makes the Mets much better defensively and has speed we could use at the top of the order. JP has power and could be a run producer.

I want TDA though, but like I've said all along, I'd take a JP, Gose, Syndergaard/Sanchez package any day. I'd prefer Sanchez because I liked him before the draft and he has a higher ceiling.
    JPA, Gose, Syndergaard, and Sanchez would be the deal I would make... If and only if TDA is not available.

TDA + Gose would be ideal though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    JPA, Gose, Syndergaard, and Sanchez would be the deal I would make... If and only if TDA is not available.

We're not getting both Syndergaard and Sanchez, that's insane. One or the other at best.

I really doubt we get Gose and D'Arnaud. That would be an overpay imo.

vCash
    i like gose, but i really hope tda is in the deal

vCash
    I'm mad that the Blue Jays prospects have such weird ****ing names.

vCash
    I don't understand all these Jays fans that say D'Arnaud can't or wont happen.

You're getting an ace SP who obviously you will extend.

I know all the possible possible cons with Dickey because we have discussed them extensively here but the Jays are in win now mode.

Its not inconceivable they will overpay to some extent to get Dickey.

That's what teams who want to win now do. They take risks to put together a team who can make a run.

It happens quite often and it could happen here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

The deal you'd make is extending Dickey or letting him walk for nothing.

There's no way in hell the Jays would make that deal. Are you high? Gose, JPA, Sanchez and Syndergaard Classic.

Maybe add in Bautista and Lawrie too - it's just as realistic.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    JPA - .301/.359/.626/.985
    TDA - .333/.380/.595/.975

They're similar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    not happening
    I'm sure KC fans were saying the same thing when discussing Shields for Myers, Odorizzi, and Montgomery.

Mets are gonna get TDA and maybe even Syndergaard and Gose. Shields netted the Rays a better hitting prospect and a better pitching prospect and Dickey > Shields plus Dickey will sign an extension and be in TOR for 3 yrs instead of only 2 like Shields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    They aren't similar and TDA did it at a younger age. I think he'll be an .800 OPS type bat at catcher which is pretty great.
    Yeah, I think D'Arnaud can be a .750-.800 OPS catcher with plus defense. Basically a 3-4 win player with 5 win upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I know all the possible possible cons with Dickey because we have discussed them extensively here but the Jays are in win now mode.

That's what teams who want to win now do. They take risks to put together a team who can make a run.

I don't disagree at all. I admit, I'll be very disappointed if we trade d'Arnaud but no one can say "its' not happening" because it most certainly can..... he would be the centerpiece and it'd be a huge haul for the Mets but as you said, Jays are in a "win now" mode and they might end up having to overpay. I hope not but I won't be shocked if that's the trade.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I don't quite understand it either. There is no starting pitcher on the market right now that has dickeys numbers over the past three seasons, yet the attitude seems to be, be greatful for what we offer. Which doesn't make sense. Gose is ok but nothing that can't easily be aquired elsewhere for us having to give up less. Im sure if we shopped Gee or one of our other pitching prospects to other teams we could get very similar players to gose and jpa, or at the very least be a big upgrade over what we currently have in those positions.

There is no sense in trading a cy young winning pitcher for players like that when you can aquire them elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    We aren't getting TDA AND Gose. Its just not happening. TDA is the prize I want here. The rest of it is irrelevant too me, so long as we arent getting *** raped hahaha
    Very well said.

Gose is a type of player that can be found anywhere and Arencibia is a freaking .220 hitter for crying out loud and he is 26 already!!!!!!! If those two are the players we get back, then we get raped.

Travis d'Arnaud is perfect, and the exact type of trade we need. We're giving the Blue Jays a guy that throws an un-hittable pitch, and who wins games no matter how bad the offense is, at a time they're ready to compete for a title.

Its Travis d'Arnaud or bust. If anyone excepts Anthony Gose and J.P. Arencibia, they're nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    The deal you'd make is extending Dickey or letting him walk for nothing.

There's no way in hell the Jays would make that deal. Are you high? Gose, JPA, Sanchez and Syndergaard Classic.

Maybe add in Bautista and Lawrie too - it's just as realistic.
    Again the Mets are not trying to trade Dickey for the sake of trading Dickey. That is what Jay fans need to get out of their head. We are not trying to just let him go.

We want to deal him if we can get a deal we like for them. JPA + Gose is not a deal that we would feel would help us so much in the future.

TDA + Gose would be a deal. TDA himself could be a good deal also because catchers are hard to come by.

That's what you have to realize. The Mets DO NOT need to trade Dickey.

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast