Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Anthony Gose was a .255 hitter in the Minors until playing in the PCL.
    Gose is super talented though. Honestly, he could end up like the 2006-2008 Jose Reyes with more K's and a lower batting average.

vCash
    Maybe they could be discussing Rasmus. I forgot about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Maybe they could be discussing Rasmus. I forgot about him.
    YUCK. I want no part of Rasmus unless he's basically a throw-in. I'd rather have JPA than him by a mile.

vCash
    I'd rather keep Dickey than trade him for JPA and Gose
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    You should learn more about Gose before you judge. While his average still leaves a lot to be desired there's a LOT of reasons why it's still lower than most people expect.

Mainly, one reason is Toronto told him to not worry about his average much and to learn how to drive the ball. It was expected he'd see a dip in his batting average....

He's also a superb defender, has serious wheels and a cannon for an arm. Gose is a damn good prospect, and I'm not saying that because I'm a Jays fan either. His many awards from the minors are a good reflection on the type of player he could turn out to be going forward.

Also keep in mind, Gose is 22 and playing against the yankees and red sox.... guys like Olt who everyone seems to have a huge boner for is 2+ years older and still in the minors.
    actually Olt was called up and hit .150 in 40 AB so yeah judging the average in such a small sample size is not right

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    So only time we don't hear about the prospects is when a trade is imminent.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I'd rather keep Dickey than trade him for JPA and Gose
    Really? You'd rather keep one year on a rebuilding team than to get a very good CF prospect and a catcher, who granted, isn't very good but still an upgrade?

Hmm...

Guess what us fans think don't matter much

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    YUCK. I want no part of Rasmus unless he's basically a throw-in. I'd rather have JPA than him by a mile.
    But you'd be satisfied with Gose. I mean, Gose has had a low batting average and pretty much the same amount of K's. Even though Gose has a otn of potential, at least you pretty much know what you're getting with Rasmus.

Personally, I don't want either as the center piece. I'm just speculating with Rasmus maybe being part of it.

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    Arencibia and gose were mentioned in dickey trade talk. Would be realistic package if that's it. #jays #mets

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Industry belief was #Mets could get more in package from #Bluejays if extension were done rather than 1-yr $5M/fr agt after yr

Joel Sherman again.

That's pretty much what we've been saying. If it's about extending RA, then we better be getting a bigger package than just JPA and Gose.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    Like I predicted events really have unfolded badly for the mets by waiting this out.

Bos now has dempster. Det has Sanchez. LAD have Grienke.

NYM are losing trade parters. To be honest I think there is more supply then demand when it comes to deep pocket teams and UFA pitchers right now.

Who is left out there looking for SP? LA Angels? Maybe Texas. I say maybe in Texas's case because they actually have a decent rotation and I think they will focusing their attention mostly on replacing Hamiltons bat.

I really think the mets need to move Dickey now. Especially, before Loshe and Jackson find homes. If Loshe signs with the Angels and Jackson with Texas the market could completely collapse for Dickey.
    The fact that Ryan Dempster got almost 27 million over 2 years is a bad sign for the Mets if they were hoping to extend R.A. cheap. The garbage pail kid pitchers are getting serious coin so a N.L. Cy Young Award winner will most certainly get paid for his accomplishments this season unless the Mets stupidly hold onto him and he has a so-so 2013. The Mets "wait it out" strategy didn't work with Reyes and isn't working out with Dickey if they had any intentions on retaining his services past next season. Anaheim to me is the only team that has good young major league ready players who can possibly make an impact next season.

vCash
    Toronto writer Marc Hulet:

If it's Gose and Arencibia without Dickey extension (even 2 years) I'd want someone added like Tapia.

what a joke
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    I dont like JPA as much as the next guy but people are seriously undervauling Gose. Hes got speed for days, plays great D and can be a very good player. I know the BA in the minors isnt staggering, but the TOR FO told him to work on driving the ball more, obviously his BA will dip. Its like when the Mets told Harvey to work on his Change, obviously, the numbers wouldnt be as pretty.

If its Gose, JPA, and one of Snachez or Syndergaard, id be very pleased. Just Gose and JPA would be disappointing though
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    I trust that Sandy knows what he's doing here. If we can't get a great package, then jump ship.

vCash
    Dustin Parkes @dustinparkes
    I think the cost of acquiring R.A. Dickey is going to blow the minds of Blue Jays fans.

Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast