Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    vCash
    keithlaw keithlaw ‏@keithlaw
    It's just you, Chris. Just you. “@ChrisCurra: is it just me or a trumbo and prospet trade for dickey works out huge for both teams”

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw
    Trumbo isn't good. Or even adequate. “@EnriquePollazzo: why? Are you down on Trumbo or is that not enough? Would they get better offers?”
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Keith Law is very stubborn on his opinions. I think the HR derby ****ed Trumbo up. He was mashing before the AS break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm really hoping something can materialize in the next few days.
    Why? Imagine if a contending team's ace got injured during ST. Can you imagine a more motivated buyer?

Patience.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    It's just you, Chris. Just you. “@ChrisCurra: is it just me or a trumbo and prospet trade for dickey works out huge for both teams”

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw
    Trumbo isn't good. Or even adequate. “@EnriquePollazzo: why? Are you down on Trumbo or is that not enough? Would they get better offers?”
    I tend to agree with Law, Trumbo, Bourjos, Cogner would be okay with me. But Trumbo and a spec is not nearly enough. I like Trumbo's power, but he is lousy in the OF and not big on OBP.

Olt, Martin, Alfaro

TDA and Gose

Those are the two trades im hoping materialize. If they do, Ill cry
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Why? Imagine if a contending team's ace got injured during ST. Can you imagine a more motivated buyer?

Patience.
    Imagine if they dont and we either trade RA for much less at the deadline or lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

I really dont think SA is going to let this get that far. Either he trades him before ST or he signs him. That's just my opinion though

vCash
    A deal wrapped around Trumbo would work for me. People have to understand how ridiculously LH we were last year. Bringing in a big power bat like Trumbo just flat out changes things. Then you sign Hairston and platoon him with Nuewenhuis in CF, At that point i could live with Duda.

Tejada Murphy, Wright, Davis Trumbo Duda Hairston Thole is a lineup with some thunder in it. And balance

vCash

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw
    I feel the same way.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    MetsBlog.com:

Andy Martino of the Daily News reports the Mets were engaged in “intense trade talks” regarding Dickey with the Rangers and Blue Jays yesterday.

I'm SO TIRED of "reports", just make a trade !!! That said, it would be great if the Angels interest could get the Mets Travis d'Arnaud from the Blue Jays, after Myers, he is top prospect I've been hoping for.

vCash
    Don't get your hopes up people.. D'Arnaud isn't getting traded..

Not gonna happen unless the Jays get a young controllable ace back like a Felix

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Adam Rubin said on twitter that he thinks something could get done today. The Orioles are apparently serious about Dickey now too. Dylan Bundy Please

vCash
    ^We have all along been asking for offensive help. I don't understand how the Orioles would get involved in this with Bundy being their big big chip. Unless they are dangling Manny Machado?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up people.. D'Arnaud isn't getting traded..

Not gonna happen unless the Jays get a young controllable ace back like a Felix
    It's going to take more than just Travis to get Felix.
    I know you used Felix as an example but Sickels like Zunino better than Travis at the catcher position so that trade would never materialize.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw
    I agree with Keith Law. Trumbo won't solve our problems at all. He is a good power bat but with his bad defense and OBP, we will end up hating him more than we will love him.

And at 26, he isn't necessarily getting any younger so you can't expect the OBP to improve all of a sudden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    ^We have all along been asking for offensive help. I don't understand how the Orioles would get involved in this with Bundy being their big big chip. Unless they are dangling Manny Machado?
    I was kidding about the Bundy thing, could you imagine a rotation though with Bundy, Wheeler, Harvey

Anyway, I have a hard time seeing a match with Baltimore since I doubt they move Machado and they dont really have an impact bat at the top of their farm. Unless they are out of their minds and offering up Matt Weiters, I suspect they are trying to drive the price up on Toronto or prevent them from getting him all together

vCash
    All these talks are getting me excited.

The Mets have a possible win-win situation here if they acquire prospects that make sense and materialize into significant positional/ pitching help going forward.

And again as mentioned if that doesn't happen we can still re-sign a Cy Young winner who should be productive over the length of the deal they give him.

I love it!!

Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast