Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Trumbo would definitely help our lineup, but I would rather have younger outfield prospects instead.
    See Kole Calhoun.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    DB no longer needs a SS after picking up Gregorious. The Rangers appear to be S.O.L.
    At least we have something in common with the Rangers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Maybe we can get Bourjos without dealing Dickey
    The Angels won't want Duda because they already have Trumbo who will most likely DH. I wouldn't trade Bourjos or Trumbo for anyone on the Mets unless their names are Dickey or Niese. The Angels are all in so that's why we may get more from the Angels than anybody else. They have a surplus of outfielders which is our major need and we have a pitcher who can help them for the next two seasons in Dickey. It's a win/win for both clubs.

vCash
    I say we just give in and take Profar. I mean, it isn't ideal, but he will be OK, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue5 View Post
    I say we just give in and take Profar. I mean, it isn't ideal, but he will be OK, right?
    Can't tell if your serious.

First, the Rangers aren't trading Profar and second, if they did offer him to Dickey, it'd be much more than "ideal" the trade would already be done by now.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    First, you are a Mets and Dolphins fan. Awesome.

Second,
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Can't tell if your serious.
    I did my best at remembering the sarcasm font.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue5 View Post
    First, you are a Mets and Dolphins fan. Awesome.

Second,

I did my best at remembering the sarcasm font.
    I'm not a Mets fan

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Have an opening in my Head to Head Fantasy Baseball league (dynasty). Please PM me if interested or want to see available rosters

vCash
    If the Rangers offered us Profar id probably cry and and run naked through Citi Field to celebrate
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Like I predicted events really have unfolded badly for the mets by waiting this out.

Bos now has dempster. Det has Sanchez. LAD have Grienke.

NYM are losing trade parters. To be honest I think there is more supply then demand when it comes to deep pocket teams and UFA pitchers right now.

Who is left out there looking for SP? LA Angels? Maybe Texas. I say maybe in Texas's case because they actually have a decent rotation and I think they will focusing their attention mostly on replacing Hamiltons bat.

I really think the mets need to move Dickey now. Especially, before Loshe and Jackson find homes. If Loshe signs with the Angels and Jackson with Texas the market could completely collapse for Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    Like I predicted events really have unfolded badly for the mets by waiting this out.

Bos now has dempster. Det has Sanchez. LAD have Grienke.

NYM are losing trade parters. To be honest I think there is more supply then demand when it comes to deep pocket teams and UFA pitchers right now.

Who is left out there looking for SP? LA Angels? Maybe Texas. I say maybe in Texas's case because they actually have a decent rotation and I think they will focusing their attention mostly on replacing Hamiltons bat.

I really think the mets need to move Dickey now. Especially, before Loshe and Jackson find homes. If Loshe signs with the Angels and Jackson with Texas the market could completely collapse for Dickey.
    Meanwhile, there hasn't been an offer on the table that makes any sense for the Mets to move the best pitcher in the National League.

Yes. The best pitcher in the National League.

It only makes sense to trade Dickey if the offer is right. If not, you extend him. And the beauty there is that once you do extend him, you can trade him at any time since the recipient wont have to worry about renegotiating a contract.

As it stands now, teams are probably wary of giving up much for Dickey since they might have to pay through the nose to hold on to him beyond 2013.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    There is no way the market can close for an ace. Some team will feel desperate for that front-line arm that just isn't available in the FA market.

But if the right deal doesn't materialize, we MUST re-sign RA.

vCash
    “The Mets are telling clubs that they have an acceptable trade offer for R.A. Dickey, but they are trying to get an even better package,” a source told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.

Multiple reports have repeatedly stated the Mets are seeking at least two top prospects in a deal for Dickey.
    http://metsblog.com/

Well, this could get interesting
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    http://metsblog.com/

Well, this could get interesting
    If I were Sandy Alderson and i wanted to get more offers for RA, I'd want everyone to think some unnamed team has made us a good offer for him regardless of whether it's true or not.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I'm really hoping something can materialize in the next few days.

vCash
    That's what they said about the Gose + JPA package earlier.

Are they still sitting on that offer?

Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast