Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 1196
  1. #796
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Gordon absolutely blows. He's got speed but what good is that if you can't even hit the ball? Even so, when he does his the ball, it goes a whopping 10 feet. No trade with the Dodgers. They have nothing to offer.
    no totally agree man

  2. #797
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,961
    vCash
    1500
    Cocky Dodger fans trying to rip us off right after they get Greinke greedy ****ers

  3. #798
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,005
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    not that i think that a deal surrounding lee and Gordon is good enough to get Dickey,

    I think some are being unfair to Lee, he is one of the youngest in his league and ERA isn't a good measurement of how pitchers in the minor leagues are doing, remember the minors is where organizations screw around with players trying new positions, defenses aren't really that good there, you want to look at his peripherals K/9 BB/9 BB/K GB/FB HR% these are all things he has been doing well in. Also, he really turned the corner in Double A after his first few starts, he looked lock down there.

    And as far as gordon, his problems on defense come from rushing everything once he slows down a bit he could become a better defender, and in fairness he has hit well at every level he has played at including the bigs, he just had a sophomore slump, which is pretty natural.
    While i think everyone admits Lee has very good upside and at 20 years old he is young for his level of competition at AAA, it doesn't change the fact that Gordon is not a young pup at soon to be 25 years old with a suspect bat and glove.

    Again at 5'11, 160 lbs he better learn how to hit because aside from his speed he doesn't offer much offensively otherwise.

    Not hitting for any power in the PCL is not a good sign either.

  4. #799
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,917
    vCash
    1500
    Well Lee + Pederson might be as much as the Mets seems to be asking for. Even Pederson + Gordon might be as good as the Gose + Arencibia package some were suggesting from Toronto, but I think they'll do better than that.

  5. #800
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    11,326
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    While i think everyone admits Lee has very good upside and at 20 years old he is young for his level of competition at AAA, it doesn't change the fact that Gordon is not a young pup at soon to be 25 years old with a suspect bat and glove.

    Again at 5'11, 160 lbs he better learn how to hit because aside from his speed he doesn't offer much offensively otherwise.

    Not hitting for any power in the PCL is not a good sign either.
    Oh well that's never really been his thing though, speed is, his walk rate has always been decent, i think he can develop into a very good lead off hitter, and he might be better suited for 2b but that would be fine.

    Once again i don't think that a trade around gordon and lee is very good, it's not horrible but it needs more, maybe a guy like castalons or van slyke who have very good power which is something the mets could use.

  6. #801
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Again at 5'11, 160 lbs he better learn how to hit because aside from his speed he doesn't offer much offensively otherwise.

    Not hitting for any power in the PCL is not a good sign either.
    He's a guy you could stick in CF and he might be a useful 4th or 5th OF, with potential to be a regular if he can get on base enough to lead off.

  7. #802
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,168
    vCash
    1500
    Gordon is one of the few starting SS that I would take Tejada over and 100 times of 100 times.

    I have zero interest in him and while I like Lee,tome he is more of a 3rd starter than a top of the rotation guy. At best he would be a #2.

  8. #803
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Since we're throwing away next year anyways, I'd trade Niese and Dickey for D'arnaud + Sanchez/Syndergard and Olt. I'd be completely satisfied with that.
    I think some of you guys heads are in the clouds. Toronto didn't give up TDA in it's trade with the marlins but is going to do so for Niese?

    Thats not happening . Let alone throwing in Sanchez or Syndergard. I'm not saying AA wouldn't be opposed to moving TDA. But you'd have to expand the deal.

    The same likely goes for Texas and Mike Olt+ for Dickey.

    I think what we've seen this offseason is that teams are more willing to part with their top prospects if they can get multiple holes filled on their roster. Otherwise, they tend to trade their 2nd, 3rd, 4th best prospects.



    Ultimately, we will just have to wait and see what happens but thats just my opinion on the situation, though I can say with 100 percent certainty Niese will not be traded for TDA plus Sanchez or Syndergard.

  9. #804
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Gordon is one of the few starting SS that I would take Tejada over and 100 times of 100 times.

    I have zero interest in him and while I like Lee,tome he is more of a 3rd starter than a top of the rotation guy. At best he would be a #2.
    That's a tremendous deal for one year of Dickey.

    Of course, it doesn't really address the OF or the catcher position. Sandy would likely have to get a third team involved to get what he wants.

    But just going off pure value its a very good deal. Better then Olt. Better then JPA + Gose.

  10. #805
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brea,CA
    Posts
    31,988
    vCash
    1500
    Why you guys surprised about Gordon's power?

    The guy's nick name after all is Skinny Swag


  11. #806
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,005
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Why you guys surprised about Gordon's power?

    The guy's nick name after all is Skinny Swag
    No one is that's why we don't want him lol...

  12. #807
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,005
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    That's a tremendous deal for one year of Dickey.

    Of course, it doesn't really address the OF or the catcher position. Sandy would likely have to get a third team involved to get what he wants.

    But just going off pure value its a very good deal. Better then Olt. Better then JPA + Gose.
    Why do we want Gordon when we have Tejada?

    You heard Ace's evaluation of him, he's a 4th or 5th OF with the possibility of leading off if he can get on base enough.

    You don't trade an ace for a possible number 3 SP and a soon to be 25 year old SS (or OF) who can't hit.

  13. #808
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,501
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Cocky Dodger fans trying to rip us off right after they get Greinke greedy ****ers
    Fans? Dodger FANS? What the hell is that?

  14. #809
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    Thats not happening . Let alone throwing in Sanchez or Syndergard. I'm not saying AA wouldn't be opposed to moving TDA. But you'd have to expand the deal.

    The same likely goes for Texas and Mike Olt+ for Dickey.
    Well depending on whether you can trust Andy Martino, it appears they have already discussed Olt one for one.

    'Sources: Texas expressed willingness to Mets to move Olt for Dickey. BUT I'm told it will take more than just Olt for Mets to move Dickey. '
    link

    And he says they have turned down Lee + Gordon as well:

    'Mets not expecting anything to happen on Dodgers/Dickey. "There wasn't a fit there." Didn't like Zach Lee/Dee Gordon as return for Dickey. '
    link

    I don't think they are going to get D'Arnaud +, or the 3 prospect packages some are suggesting. And perhaps the Mets are leaking some of this to the local media to try to inflate the price. But I do think they will probably get 2 prospects from a team's top 10, at least one of them a top 100 type. I think it is a sellers market for top end pitching.

  15. #810
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    We're spending an awful lot of time discussing a trade package that's been rejected. Lee and Gordon don't do it. Dodgers don't really match up well with us.

    I think the best we might do is Lee, Pederson and Federowicz. Is that a deal we should consider?
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •