Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:24703280
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    I think Gordon & Lee would be a great addition too your team. Lee is a few years away and you could throw Gordon in as a starter this year or let him get a Lil more seasoning and bring him up at the AS Break.

I wouldn't be a big fan of letting Lee go for a 38yr. Old

Kershaw
    Grienke
    Dickey
    That just isn't fair too the rest of the league!
    Make it Castellanos, Pederson and Lee and maybe its a deal.
    lmfao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue bleeder09 View Post
    lmfao
    If you want a pitcher that can most likely put you over the top then what do you think it's gonna take?

Dickey is an ace and he would pitch incredibly well in that ballpark and in that division.

Greinke, Kershaw, Dickey, Ryu, Billingsley (along with Lilly, Caps, and Harang there for depth and or trade) would give you hands down the best rotation in baseball (not arguably one of the best ones that you currently have).
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-12-2012 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    I still prefer leonys martin in a deal but what about pederson+van slyke? sVS just got designated to make room for skip schumacker. Too much?

vCash
    We're being offered Olt and Dodgers fans think that a #40 prospect who looks like a 3 starter will cut it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    We're being offered Olt and Dodgers fans think that a #40 prospect who looks like a 3 starter will cut it...
    LOL they too funny. I know some of us overrate our prospects a little too but that's laughable. If we got Castellanos, Pederson, and Lee, that could be an acceptable deal for us, yet they are making it sound like all 3 are gonna be all star players. In reality, we'd be lucky if one of them became a good every day player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    LOL they too funny. I know some of us overrate our prospects a little too but that's laughable. If we got Castellanos, Pederson, and Lee, that could be an acceptable deal for us, yet they are making it sound like all 3 are gonna be all star players. In reality, we'd be lucky if one of them became a good every day player.
    Realistically, we won't settle for anything higher than a #20 prospect in a 1 for 1 type of deal. Teams won't give us anything lower than a #10 prospect which leads us with very little room to work with in terms of prospects. Castellanos, D'arnaud, and Olt are the only ones we could probably acquire in a 1 for 1 swap.

vCash
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/multipl...ct-for-dickey/

This right here is getting me a little excited. TEX is most interested in Dickey and TOR is most interested in Niese. Multiple teams have offered a top prospect, as we already have known, but now teams like the Dodgers, Orioles, Red Sox, and Mariners might get into the mix as well. That'd be just awesome since SEA, TEX and TOR all have a pretty strong farm system. This could definitley cause a bidding war and cause someone to overpay. Plus, I can see a team like BOS acting very interested just to try to get someone like TOR to overpay to keep him away from BOS. This could work out great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/multipl...ct-for-dickey/

This right here is getting me a little excited. TEX is most interested in Dickey and TOR is most interested in Niese. Multiple teams have offered a top prospect, as we already have known, but now teams like the Dodgers, Orioles, Red Sox, and Mariners might get into the mix as well. That'd be just awesome since SEA, TEX and TOR all have a pretty strong farm system. This could definitley cause a bidding war and cause someone to overpay. Plus, I can see a team like BOS acting very interested just to try to get someone like TOR to overpay to keep him away from BOS. This could work out great.
    Since we're throwing away next year anyways, I'd trade Niese and Dickey for D'arnaud + Sanchez/Syndergard and Olt. I'd be completely satisfied with that.

vCash
    I haven't really looked into a possible trade with SEA since I didn't quite understand why they'd be so interested since it doesn't seem like they are very close to competing.....

But I did read something where some sports writer suggested something like SS Nick Franklin and SP James Paxton. I don't know anything about either of them but just looking at their top prospect rankings, it would seem that we'd be better off asking for Franklin and Catcher prospect Mike Zunino since that'd possibly fill two needs for us, rather than asking for the SP. Seems reasonable since Franklin is ranked 29 overall and Zunino 44.... but someone that i do know a good amount about it Stephen Pryor and I'd love to get him added to a deal with SEA if we went that route. I think he's gonna be much better than Parnell and could immediately step in as a good closer for us, although SEA probably thinks the same about him so not sure if they'd let him go.

Anyways, just speculating.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No prospect is a low risk-player, and Olt does have a high K rate.

But yeah, no to Gordon.
    I meant more that he has a better chance of being good, and at worst will still have power, something we lack and Gordon doesn't have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    I meant more that he has a better chance of being good, and at worst will still have power, something we lack and Gordon doesn't have
    Gordon absolutely blows. He's got speed but what good is that if you can't even hit the ball? Even so, when he does his the ball, it goes a whopping 10 feet. No trade with the Dodgers. They have nothing to offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post
    Dee Gordon is just plain horrible. He is as much of a disaster in the field as he is at the plate. Dodger talent continues to be over-hyped. It has been the Dodger way for a very long time.
    Are you talking in terms of prospects? How far back you talking?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Make it Castellanos, Pederson and Lee and maybe its a deal.
    Gonna Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Gordon absolutely blows. He's got speed but what good is that if you can't even hit the ball? Even so, when he does his the ball, it goes a whopping 10 feet. No trade with the Dodgers. They have nothing to offer.
    What have you done for me lately I guess

vCash
    not that i think that a deal surrounding lee and Gordon is good enough to get Dickey,

I think some are being unfair to Lee, he is one of the youngest in his league and ERA isn't a good measurement of how pitchers in the minor leagues are doing, remember the minors is where organizations screw around with players trying new positions, defenses aren't really that good there, you want to look at his peripherals K/9 BB/9 BB/K GB/FB HR% these are all things he has been doing well in. Also, he really turned the corner in Double A after his first few starts, he looked lock down there.

And as far as gordon, his problems on defense come from rushing everything once he slows down a bit he could become a better defender, and in fairness he has hit well at every level he has played at including the bigs, he just had a sophomore slump, which is pretty natural.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post

What have you done for me lately I guess
    I see what you're saying here, and apparently I'm the only Mets fan here that wouldn't mind getting Gordon in a deal. It would still have to be something like Castellanos, Lee, Gordon or something similar.

But there's a reason why Gordon was a decently high ranked prospect not too long ago. He'd be worth a shot if he was a throw in and we got other good players. Dodgers definitely wouldn't be at the top of the list in terms of trade partners but if Castellanos, Lee, Gordon, Pederson (something like that) ends up being the best we can get, we'd have to take it over resigning Dickey and still missing the playoffs every yr during his extension which would most certainly happen.

vCash
    I don't want Dee Gordon. Even Tejada has more pop then him.

Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast