Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Dickey really must not have any value if the Tigers were offering a good package for Shields but has no interest in R.A.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...or-shields-too
    When does Shields' contract come up for renewal?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Shields is a FA going into the 2015 season if the Royals pick up his team option in 2014 (which they should at 12 million)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Shields is a FA going into the 2015 season if the Royals pick up his team option in 2014 (which they should at 12 million)
    So they have him under control for two more seasons instead of one. Makes a huge diff when it comes to surrendering a haul for a player.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So they have him under control for two more seasons instead of one. Makes a huge diff when it comes to surrendering a haul for a player.
    Yeah his XFIP has justified his ace status the last 2 seasons.

The one thing i am not sure about is whether they re-sign him, they gave up quite a bit for a guy that could walk in 2 seasons.

But the Royals had one of the better farm systems in the majors (positionally and with the guys they have produced over the last 3-4 years) to that point, it gave them the luxury to pull off a move like that.

Saying that, this trade could bite them in the *** five years down the line.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Anyone think we will add a prospect or two with Dickey to TEX for a package of prospects? I would love to get something like Mike Olt, Leonys Martin, and Jorge Alfaro. Haven't heard Alfaro's name pop up at all but it'd be nice if we can get those 3 for something like Dickey and Mejia maybe?

vCash
    Jim Duquette ‏@Jim_Duquette
    I was just told by a top major league exec that The #Tigers were heavily involved in discussions for Shields before #Royals landed him.

Nick Castellanos and Bruce Rondon/Austin Schotts

Make it happen Sandy.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Can Castellanos play OF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I was just told by a top major league exec that The #Tigers were heavily involved in discussions for Shields before #Royals landed him.

Make it happen Sandy.
    I heard they had interest in Shields but zero interest in Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Well if Sandy is just clicking his heels hoping they would bite then quite frankly he's not doing his job.

He needs to sell the Tigers on Dickey or on Niese, but he needs to do more and he needs to remove his thumb out of his arse.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Sandy isn't here to do anything, I'm convinced of that now. He's just BS'ing and lying to the fans while the Wilpons try to get out of this mess. It's pathetic.

I'm sure Dickey will play out next season as a Met, do extremely well, and walk away from us without even a draft pick. I doubt the Mets even offer him the qualifying offer because they're too cheap.

vCash
    TIgers infield with a ground ball pitcher doesn't sound like a good combo...how much range do they have at the corners? They have 2 guys that are basically refrigerators on cast wheels...

vCash
    Then trade him to Seattle for Hultzen.

Not that Seattle has a need for another pitcher.

vCash
    Then trade him to Seattle for Hultzen.

Not that Seattle has a need for another pitcher.
    Sure, but Sandy will not extend him or trade him. He will simply play out his option year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Dickey really must not have any value if the Tigers were offering a good package for Shields but has no interest in R.A.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...or-shields-too

Make it happen Sandy.
    I would personally love Avisail Garcia

vCash
    lol yeah the tigers are def. dark horses imo, if they lose out on sanchez dickey would be a nice backup plan, and we need OF prospect in castellanos

Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast