Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    If the Mets are not going to trade Dickey, then they should spend some money this off-season. Why not re-sign Dickey and sign Cody Ross, AJ, and one or two bullpen arms? That would make for a competitive enough team for this year, and hopefully generate some good momentum going into 2014.
    Because we don't want to win.

vCash
    @AnthonyDiComo: Ike Davis was asked about his status as "a Met for life." "Um...that's not me."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Santana is going to give us more than most of you think. It wasn't surpising he ran out of steam last year and then the ankle set him back. I think he willl be a solid no. 3. There will be no takers at the trade deadline however due to salary and injury fears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    @AnthonyDiComo: Ike Davis was asked about his status as "a Met for life." "Um...that's not me."
    is that supposed to mean:

"Dude, you got the wrong guy...it was Wright that just signed that deal"...

or "I'm out of this dump as soon as I hit Free Agency"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    is that supposed to mean:

"Dude, you got the wrong guy...it was Wright that just signed that deal"...

or "I'm out of this dump as soon as I hit Free Agency"...
    I took it as the former.

vCash
    Met for life would mean he would be a Met forever no matter what. He's not saying he wouldn't be a Met for his whole career though if things go well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Santana is going to give us more than most of you think. It wasn't surpising he ran out of steam last year and then the ankle set him back. I think he willl be a solid no. 3. There will be no takers at the trade deadline however due to salary and injury fears.
    I would like to agree with you that Santana will give us something but...Other than some magic that he had years ago, the guy basically gives you what Tom Glavine gave us after he came here when the Braves refused to pay him...75 mph changeup; 80 mph changeup; 83 mph changeup...it's not a "changeup" when every pitch is the same soft toss pitch...changeup kind of implies that it differentiates from your fastball, and he hasn't had a fastball in years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
    I took it as the former.
    I always get confused "former" means the first choice?

I would imagine that Ike would be a perfect fit eventually for his hometown D'Backs...he would rake in that ballpark...

vCash
    I always get confused "former" means the first choice?

I would imagine that Ike would be a perfect fit eventually for his hometown D'Backs...he would rake in that ballpark...
    Yes. Former as is before, latter as in after.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Sandsy Alderson acknowledges he does expect the 2013 Opening Day roster to look similar to the end of 2012.
    Where are all these interviews coming from (Sandy, Ike, etc.)? Have they been on the radio? Winter meetings are over, right.. so, where is this all happening?

vCash
    Mets annual Holiday Party

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Mets annual Holiday Party
    Why is Sandy Alderson making declarations like that at all, let alone at the "holiday" party?

Anyway, it's from Adam Rubin so I don't trust him too much. Would like to hear Sandy's exact comments.

vCash
    Clarifying:

@AnthonyDiComo: Ike Davis was just asked about his "new contract" and his status as "a Met for life." His reply: "Um...that's not me."

vCash
    Well lets see.

Would it be smart for Alderson to say the roster is going to be flipped upside down while at the teams HOLIDAY PARTY?

Probably not.

vCash
    I would like to agree with you that Santana will give us something but...Other than some magic that he had years ago, the guy basically gives you what Tom Glavine gave us after he came here when the Braves refused to pay him...75 mph changeup; 80 mph changeup; 83 mph changeup...it's not a "changeup" when every pitch is the same soft toss pitch...changeup kind of implies that it differentiates from your fastball, and he hasn't had a fastball in years...
    He was able to get the fastball up to 90 which is good enough to make the change effective. Your compare to Glavine is not entirely off base but I think Johan now is a little better and hence a serviceable No. 3.

Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast