Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I don't understand Arencibia, he sucks!
    He would be a guy I'd ask for if we were dealing someone like Gee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Only in Blue Jay fantasy land. I wouldn't give up Mejia for him. I'd actually prefer they sign Miguel Olivo if the cost is even that high.

He does potentially have a bit of upside left, but he's not young either, turning 27 in another month. He should be reaching his peak. And he struck out 29% of PA last year, while hitting .233 with a .275 OBP.
    I'm not ready to give up on getting a decent young catcher, and fall back to Miguel Olivo. (You did notice that Olivo hit .222 with a .239 OBP and struck out in 26% of his PAs last year.)

If we're able to work the Dickey deal with Texas and get Olt and Martin, or even Martin, Sardinas and Joey Gallo, I'd come back to Toronto with a deal for JPA. Maybe Familia and Den Dekker would be fair.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I'm not ready to give up on getting a decent young catcher, and fall back to Miguel Olivo. (You did notice that Olivo hit .222 with a .239 OBP and struck out in 26% of his PAs last year.)
    Depends. Are we dealing Dickey for Olivo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Exactly JPA seems like a backup catcher for many teams in the MLB. So he is worth a #4 or #5 starter on most teams like Gee. Not the Cy Young winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    Depends. Are we dealing Dickey for Olivo?
    LOL

Regardless of some of the posts in this thread, there's absolutely no way we are dealing Dickey for Arencibia, so lets get real.

vCash
    jpa is no buster posey lets just say that...

Dickey trew complete games and a shut out againts O's, Rays and Yanks. If the jays get him we might have to give up a lot of prospects.

vCash
    So taking a closer look at leonys martin I dont understand why olt is the better ranked prospect. Both are 24 and olts #s remind me of Ike. Big power but swings and misses a lot. Martin seems like a much more disciplined hitter with some pop and speed. His 2012 numbers project to a full season of. 350 avg, 80+ runs, 80+ rbi, 25 hr, and 20 sb. Both are mlb ready but if it netted a better complimentary player(s) then I'd be pretty happy with Martin as the centerpiece.

vCash
    ....unless he's only 24 in Cuban years. That's like 32 in real years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    So taking a closer look at leonys martin I dont understand why olt is the better ranked prospect. Both are 24 and olts #s remind me of Ike. Big power but swings and misses a lot. Martin seems like a much more disciplined hitter with some pop and speed. His 2012 numbers project to a full season of. 350 avg, 80+ runs, 80+ rbi, 25 hr, and 20 sb. Both are mlb ready but if it netted a better complimentary player(s) then I'd be pretty happy with Martin as the centerpiece.
    I've said that for a while now. We seem to be focused on an Olt/Martin package, but I'd be really comfortable to get Martin, Luis Sardinas and Joey Gallo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Oh my God, that's nuts. Why would you deal Gee for a bench player?

He's not worth more than Justin Turner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post

If we're able to work the Dickey deal with Texas and get Olt and Martin, or even Martin, Sardinas and Joey Gallo, I'd come back to Toronto with a deal for JPA. Maybe Familia and Den Dekker would be fair.
    OK, but the point is, he's a guy who has been worth 2.0 (fangraphs) to 2.2 (B-Ref) WAR for his entire career so far. I just wouldn't deal any big chips for a 1 win per year platoon catcher.

His value might be similar to one of our 4th outfielder types, like Baxter or Nieuwenhuis. Even Andres Torres last year was worth over 1 win according to both Fangraphs and B-Ref.

So yes, there's a place for a guy like this on our roster. I just think we should be realistic about his true value. I haven't seen a guy get so over-rated since Frenchy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    I don't really understand why some people are upset with Sandy so far. He's got limited (if any) payroll room and is trying to set the team for future success. I definitely would not have traded Niese and Wheeler for the Royals pkg and I think his patience with Dickey is going to pay off very nicely. Going in to 2014 it looks like we're going to have some really strong, young players - all controllable - and a ton of payroll flexibility.

I don't know the exact number but something like $70M in 2014? Playing in NYC the payroll should be double that so assuming the Wilpons get their finances in order I am very optimistic about next year's offseason and the number of prospects that should be ready to go.
    I don't know if your numbers are correct or not but I assume that they are.

What makes you think that the Wilpons even if their payroll is in the $70 million area would spend on free agents some of whom would want long term contracts ?

Plus who knows what free agents will be available.

All this thinking that 2014 will be THE YEAR for the Mets might just be deceiving themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Only in Blue Jay fantasy land. I wouldn't give up Mejia for him. I'd actually prefer they sign Miguel Olivo if the cost is even that high.

He does potentially have a bit of upside left, but he's not young either, turning 27 in another month. He should be reaching his peak. And he struck out 29% of PA last year, while hitting .233 with a .275 OBP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    How could they consider trading a 20 game winner fore a .230 catcher. He soulds like Thole with a little pop.

You don't trade a 20 game winner for an 8th place hitter. You don't trade a 20 game winner for someone you may pinch hit for.

No way this deal would ever be done.
    Where do you guys get this stuff from? You gents should check out our forum, I haven't seen anyone suggest Aaron Cibia for Dickey straight up. We aren't stupid.

vCash
    Mets have offered dickey a 3 year 25 million dollar deal, still exploring trading him.

vCash
    A trade for New York Mets right-hander R.A. Dickey is unlikely, sources say, and the Rangers might simply aim lower, seeking a fifth starter who would be an upgrade over lefty Martin Perez — say, someone like Los Angeles Dodgers lefty Chris Capuano.
    Per Rosenthal
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/t...y-shift-121012
    Always a bridesmaid and never the bride.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast