Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Royals got Big Game James. KC might just be a contender in 2013. Let's make a deal with Tampa Bay. Would anyone trade Niese for Myers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Royals got Big Game James. KC might just be a contender in 2013. Let's make a deal with Tampa Bay. Would anyone trade Niese for Myers?
    Are the Rays flipping Myers?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    WOW... and people were talking as if we were asking way too much for Dickey!!!
    Either the Royals got raped or we are going to get a haul for Dickey... IMO

The Rays acquired prospects Wil Myers, Mike Montgomery, Jake Odorizzi and Patrick Leonard from the Royals on Sunday in exchange for pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis. Kansas City will also receive a player to be named later or cash considerations. Odorizzi went 15-5 with a 3.03 ERA in 26 appearances (25 starts) in the minors last season.
    CBS Sports

vCash
    Do you think this causes Texas to have extra leverage because other than them there aren't that many suitors?

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Trade: #Rays send Shields, Davis and a player to be named or cash to #Royals for Myers, Odorizzi, Montogmery, Leonard.

Here's the trade.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He has sources in the organization, it's much different than fans speculating on the best prospects in return.
    Unreliable

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper Was told at WMeetings that Mets want Leonys Martin, 24-year old OF, as well as Olt for Dickey. If Rangers now sign Hamilton or Bourne...

John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper BB people say Rangers GM Jon Daniels is one GM who believes in Dickey's knuckleball. And now he's desperate for dominant starter.

Olt + Martin =
    Hmmm. That has legs.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-10-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    I think this should force Texas and the Jays to rethink their package including Olt and D'Arnaud

vCash
    F@#@ Sandy for not making a better deal (unless KC really had no interest in Dickey to begin with)
    You might want Shields over Dickey for age - but not performance... and to keep Shields past this contract, its really going to cost them and I don't think their gonna want to keep him at that price. Also Davis isn't better than any other second player we could have packaged... this sucks.

vCash
    The Royals are having a pretty terrible offseason. Gave up WAYYY too much in that deal in my opinion.

Hopefully this means Texas will pay up big time for Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    Do you think this causes Texas to have extra leverage because other than them there aren't that many suitors?
    No I think it's the opposite. It's just RA and Sanchez left with LAD, Tor, and Tex as most likely suitors. I wouldn't be surprised if another team came out of the woodwork and got involved. Maybe Detroit, Baltimore, or the Angels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    F@#@ Sandy for not making a better deal (unless KC really had no interest in Dickey to begin with)
    You might want Shields over Dickey for age - but not performance... and to keep Shields past this contract, its really going to cost them and I don't think their gonna want to keep him at that price. Also Davis isn't better than any other second player we could have packaged... this sucks.
    They wanted Shields + Wade Davis. That is similar to the Wheeler + Niese trade as Shields > Niese but Wheeler > Davis. But Davis has pitched in the big leagues so he is experienced.

That's basically what it came down to. Getting two pitchers instead of one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    No I think it's the opposite. It's just RA and Sanchez left with LAD, Tor, and Tex as most likely suitors. I wouldn't be surprised if another team came out of the woodwork and got involved. Maybe Detroit, Baltimore, or the Angels?
    Either that or they just give up and call it a day. Saying they can't get a good deal so they won't make one.

vCash
    Which prospect pkg would you guys prefer?
    Olt + Martin
    D'Arnaud + Gose
    Lee + Peterson

vCash
    D'Arnaud and Gose and pretty easily to be honest.

vCash
    McCulloughSL Since 2010, 10 pitchers have thrown 600 IP with a sub-3.00 ERA: Kershaw, Weaver, Verlander, Lee, Doc, Felix, Price, Cain, Dickey, Hamels

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast