Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lester's option is voided if he's traded. And he's making 12 million. So is Lester really a better long term solution?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I really think Dickey is going to KC. Now the players coming back to us is up for debate. Once these meetings really get going teams will be making strong offers.

vCash
    I would absolutely love Elvis Andrus from them along with Alfaro, but the Mets need a catcher that will soon be on the majors and Alfaro is some time away. They also seem quite please with Tejada at SS and doubt that they would want to bring in Andrus who is one of the best there. Maybe someone else like Leonys Martin, but that is probably too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I would absolutely love Elvis Andrus from them along with Alfaro, but the Mets need a catcher that will soon be on the majors and Alfaro is some time away. They also seem quite please with Tejada at SS and doubt that they would want to bring in Andrus who is one of the best there. Maybe someone else like Leonys Martin, but that is probably too much.
    You think they could move Tejada to 2B?

vCash
    I think bolstering our up the middle defense will be very important. If you replace Murphy at 2B with a guy like Tejada, shifting Andrus to SS, then we would have the best infield defense in baseball. We have a ton of GB pitchers on our staff too.

vCash
    Or use him as a bench guy that plays both SS and 2nd base and gets some 300 at bats. IMO that is what Tejada would be best at because I do not think his offensive performance will ever be great, but a guy that post's and OPS around .675-.700. He could come in for Murphy as a replacement or even play vs lefties.

...but again I think the Mets if they trade Dickey would be to fill holes at catcher and in the outfield and even a pen arm if they can get one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    According to MLB rUMORS the Rangers want to talk about Dickey during the winters metting too.
    Rangers top prospect list from BA will be out on Wednesday. I might be doing some window shopping.

Leonys Martin, Jorge Alfaro, Wilmer Font?

vCash
    I would gladly give up Dickey + Familia + Flores for Myers + Odorizzi/Starling/Gordon
    Last edited by Zmaster52; 12-02-2012 at 05:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Rangers top prospect list from BA will be out on Wednesday. I might be doing some window shopping.

Leonys Martin, Jorge Alfaro, Wilmer Font?
    I don't know if the Mets will trade for anyone so far away so I would scratch Alfaro even though he's a quality catching prospect.

vCash
    Would be cool if we could do something like Dickey and Flores for Myers. Hopefully the Royals buckle and make a Dickey for Myers swap. Crazier things have happened.

vCash
    Have to hope LA Dodgers get Grienke, drives the price up.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I don't know if the Mets will trade for anyone so far away so I would scratch Alfaro even though he's a quality catching prospect.
    I could see him (or Font) see him in a package with Martin. Martin isn't a stud prospect, the scouting reports on him were basically Juan Pierre with a better arm. I think you need more than just Martin there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I could see him (or Font) see him in a package with Martin. Martin isn't a stud prospect, the scouting reports on him were basically Juan Pierre with a better arm. I think you need more than just Martin there.
    Trade for Olt and Martin. Olt in RF, Martin in CF.

vCash
    KBurkhardtSNY From what I've heard, Mets top priority is an OF, an Dickey and Niese are very much the bait to get one.

vCash
    Man, this is an exciting week. The second Wright signed his extension I wrote on Twitter that it spelled the end of Dickey as a New York Met.

As Clayamtion said, the Dodgers need to sign Grienke to drive the price up on Dickey. It's weird to think that we're all excited about the prospect of trading Dickey, but the market is conducive to a huge return. If Texas were to give up Andrus I would do it in a heartbeat. A 23 year old SS with good defense and speed atop the order for a 38 year old knuckler? It's baseball 101.

www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast