Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    wow that is just crazy I mean honestly thats just crazy

vCash
    Well this is the decision. I'll be honest. I did not see the Royals getting Dickey anyway. They would have to sign him to an extension if they were giving up someone like Myers for him. I just do not see the Royals handing out that type of contract. Dickey isn't going to give anyone a break on his last deal. I never expected the Royals to be in.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Dayton Moore is an idiot.

vCash
    We could never offer anything like Shields and Davis. If the Royals wanted to upgrade their rotation they certainly did that.

vCash
    Well now we know why the Royals were not dealing Myers for Dickey.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    We could never offer anything like Shields and Davis. If the Royals wanted to upgrade their rotation they certainly did that.
    Dickey and Niese? That certainly would have been better.

vCash
    You guys are crazy if you think the Royals got some great deal here.

They got robbed at gunpoint.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    The one good thing about this. It may start a small trend in the Mets favor. Teams just saw the Royals deal their best prospect for a pitcher to bolster the rotation. It's a copy-cat thing. The Mets may have just been put in the driver's seat with a Dickey trade now.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    You guys are crazy if you think the Royals got some great deal here.

They got robbed at gunpoint.
    Even if this is so. The Mets would be in the situation the Rays were in. The Mets have the chip other teams want. This could domino into the Mets favor.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Myers and Odorizzi are the big pieces here, Leonard is further down the road.

Montgomery hasn't been particularly good in AA Northwest Arkansas and AAA Omaha the last 2 seasons.

vCash
    John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper Was told at WMeetings that Mets want Leonys Martin, 24-year old OF, as well as Olt for Dickey. If Rangers now sign Hamilton or Bourne...

John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper BB people say Rangers GM Jon Daniels is one GM who believes in Dickey's knuckleball. And now he's desperate for dominant starter.

Olt + Martin =

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper Was told at WMeetings that Mets want Leonys Martin, 24-year old OF, as well as Olt for Dickey. If Rangers now sign Hamilton or Bourne...

John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper BB people say Rangers GM Jon Daniels is one GM who believes in Dickey's knuckleball. And now he's desperate for dominant starter.

Olt + Martin =
    ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Even if this is so. The Mets would be in the situation the Rays were in. The Mets have the chip other teams want. This could domino into the Mets favor.
    Well it is true in my opinion, because the Royals gave up a ton for a very good starter and a fairly average pitcher.

But yes it appears the price for high level starting pitching is very high. It appears to be a seller's market. I hope this translates into a great haul if the Mets do end up moving Dickey and/or Niese.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    so do the Rays now have a lower 2013 payroll than the Marlins? The Marlins do still have Nalasco (who is earning almost double Longoria's salary)...

vCash
    Things definitely seem to be heating up. I think we'll be hearing a lot more of Dickey to Texas rumors after this Shields trade. We'll see what happens.

Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast