Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    If we were to get Olt would we move him or Tejada to 2B? And would that make Murphy expendable?
    Olt wouldn't be playing middle infield. Most likely corner outfield and then third base if we keep him long enough to the point where David needs to be moved to another position.

vCash
    I'm very surprised at the number of people who think Dickey can't pitch at least 4 more years at his present level.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I'm very surprised at the number of people who think Dickey can't pitch at least 4 more years at his present level.
    I don't think he'll be extremely dominant like he was for most of this year, but I think he has a good 5 or so more years of being a very good pitcher in this league.

Something between his 2011 season and 2012 is what I predict he'll be like, with some exceptions.

vCash
    The more we mention his age, the worse he gets.

vCash
    The only explanation for me then is that it must be the illogical crowd that believes 38 is old, and the logical crowd that believes he is not.

Nice try, but a weak attempt.

I would think the realists who understand the game believe that 38 is old and those that dream about it do not.

Sort of like those who were excited when the Mets traded for Willie Mays.

vCash
    Seems like several other general managers may be in that group. Are they illogical????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I'd skip Olt altogether and get Martin + Sardinas, a 19-year old middle infielder with plus-plus speed.
    I would be fine with that deal as well to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Sort of like those who were excited when the Mets traded for Willie Mays.
    Best trade in the history of Metdom...I don't care if he was washed up...He's my all time favorite player, and when my favorite team got my favorite player, it just was just baseball utopia for this 7 year old...and besides, we made it into the World Series with Willie so the old man couldn't have hurt us too much...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    Best trade in the history of Metdom...I don't care if he was washed up...He's my all time favorite player, and when my favorite team got my favorite player, it just was just baseball utopia for this 7 year old...and besides, we made it into the World Series with Willie so the old man couldn't have hurt us too much...
    Willie Mays was the best player I ever saw. And having him on the pennant winning Mets was something to enjoy.

But he was old and stumbled around a bit and it was sad to see that. He ws more of a show than a player.

He also didn't cost a lot of $$$$.

It won't boter me if we keep Dickey. I like him. He's a great story and a likable guy. I just can't see giving him all the $$$$ that everyone seems to want to throw his way. If we can't agree on terms and we cab get a good player or two, I think you have to do it.

vCash
    Willie Mays was the best player I ever saw. And having him on the pennant winning Mets was something to enjoy.

But he was old and stumbled around a bit and it was sad to see that. He ws more of a show than a player.

He also didn't cost a lot of $$$$.

It won't boter me if we keep Dickey. I like him. He's a great story and a likable guy. I just can't see giving him all the $$$$ that everyone seems to want to throw his way. If we can't agree on terms and we cab get a good player or two, I think you have to do it.
    agreed on both accounts...I missed a lot of stumbling around because most of my Mets games at that time were listening to the broadcasts on the radio (In 1972, I don't think that we had cable and NYC was too far of a distance to get reception with an antenna...you could get Albany from the Hudson Valley, but not NYC)...I had seen a lot of Willie on the "Game of the Week" earlier on with the Giants, however...

vCash
    Bit of a stretch here FOC.

38 year old knees, legs, shoulder, etc.

Too many years at too much $$$$ is still a risk for Dickey.
    Nope, no stretch. If you look at Dickey's style you'll see everything is compact, from the way he pitches, fields his position, and even hits. He knows the value of physical and mental preparedness at least as well as anyone in baseball.

I'd be surprised if he Pedros on us in a year or two.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Has anyone not named Jeter ever received a $45 million contract at Dickey's age????

And again, I am not against signing Dickey at 3/30. I'm not looking to get rid of him.

For 3/30 I'd sign him. For 3/45 I'd rather have a blue chip OFer.

vCash
    Has anyone not named Jeter ever received a $45 million contract at Dickey's age????

And again, I am not against signing Dickey at 3/30. I'm not looking to get rid of him.

Has anyone even remotely resembling RA Dickey ever played this game before?

Seriously, you can analyze all the data, highlight the trends, and then throw them all out the window because none of it applies to RA.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

I agree and disagree. I would take Dickey for 3/45 if we can't get a good deal for him in return, but I would definitely rather have a blue chip OFer for sure. However, I must ask you to define a blue chip OFer.

First of all we are talking about prospects. There is no guarantee that they will become blue chip OFers.

Secondly, if you are talking about blue chip prospect OFers, then Wil Myers certainly fits that description. Having said that, I don't think anyone here is disagreeing with the idea of trading Dickey or even Niese for Wil Myers. Hell, I'd throw in some extra prospects to get Myers.

However, if you are referring to Mike Olt as a blue chip OF prospect, I would respectfully disagree. First of all, he doesn't have much experience playing the OF. He is a natural 3B. That doesn't mean he won't be good in the OF, but to expect him to be a stud out there is a bit of a reach right now. And, from a pure hitting perspective, he has power and gets on base at a nice rate...but he also strikes out a ton and can be a bit streaky. He isn't the Wil Myers type of prospect that hits the ball to all fields and hits with great contact. Olt has a chance to be a great right handed power hitter, but he could also be a guy who never develops the consistency at the plate to be a true difference maker. I would compare his potential to that of a right handed Ike Davis as a hitter.

Now, would I accept Olt in a deal for Dickey? Yes, I would. But, I would like to see if the Mets could get a little extra something else in the deal from the Rangers. I think thats what the Mets are trying to do right now.

Either way, you won't see me complaining if we bring back Dickey (so long as we extend him). I absolutely love to watch him pitch and he is a truly one of a kind pitcher, so you never know truly how good he can be, and how long he can pitch at the highest of levels.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-09-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Olt, Perez and Alfaro.

Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast