Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Pirates, Rangers, Blue Jays, and Royals would be the teams i would be looking towards.

Plenty of minor league talent there.

I am really not that high on a deal with the centerpiece being Trumbo.
    I really can't see Anaheim parting with Trumbo for a soon to be 38 year old starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    1. Royals: Myers (I wouldn't be too sure they won't trade him 1 for 1. That's exactly what they said about Wheeler.) or
    Cain, Odorizzi and Jorge Bonifacio

2. Jays: D'Arnaud, Kevin Pillar and Danny Barnes . . or if they won't part with D'Arnaud
    Arencibia, Gose and Syndergaard

3. Angels: Trumbo, Kole Calhoun, and Hank Conger

4. Twins: Aaron Hicks, Oswaldo Arcia and Kyle Gibson

5. Rangers: Leonys Martin, Cody Buckel, and Jorge Alfaro (but I don't think they're in the hunt for Dickey.)

6. Pirates: Alen Henson, Gregory Polanco and Kyle McPherson
    I don't think the Twins are going to be in the running, i think they are looking to rebuild to some extent.

We saw it yesterday with Span for Meyer.

vCash
    Dickey is almost a folk hero and a legit ace. He's got a minimum of 1000 innings left in his arm IMO. I hope SA only pulls the trigger on a near-ridiculous deal.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Dickey is almost a folk hero and a legit ace. He's got a minimum of 1000 innings left in his arm IMO. I hope SA only pulls the trigger on a near-ridiculous deal.
    Let's hope you're not obliged into criticizing the team then...

vCash
    ESPN's Buster Olney writes:

The Mets increased their offer to R.A. Dickey, but it's unclear whether it's close enough to what Dickey seeks in a two-year deal. The Mets were stunned by Andy Pettitte's one-year, $12 million deal, coming off a year in which he made 12 starts -- and, in a strange way, Pettitte is a comparable for Dickey because of his age. If Pettitte is getting $12 million now, what is Dickey's market value after a season in which he won the Cy Young Award?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I really can't see Anaheim parting with Trumbo for a soon to be 38 year old starter.
    I really can't see the Mets caring.

vCash
    I think that the Mets could net Meyers for Dickey -
    So far I see Lester, Shields and Dickey being possibilities for KC.
    Lester and Shields would be better long term bets for KC, BUT I think KC is also cost conscious, and IMO Dickey would be more cost effective per game pitched over the next two three years. He definitely could anchor a staff and can eat innings and get W's. If KC is serious about contending over the next 3 years (until their own young pitchers are ready) Isn't that what you look for?

The question is then, is that worth losing Meyers? Do they have OF depth to replace Meyers in the minors?

I think its a good fit but the Mets will and should be waiting for KC to come to them - this would net them more leverage.

I really think this could get done and would be a win/win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Let's hope you're not obliged into criticizing the team then...
    I might be disappointed, but Im not going to call him a moron, or incompetent, because he is neither, and quite frankly Alderson's opinion is better than mine.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I would be very content if we could grab Starling and Odorizzi from the Royals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I might be disappointed, but Im not going to call him a moron, or incompetent, because he is neither, and quite frankly Alderson's opinion is better than mine.

So you won't criticize the team under any circumstances whatsoever. Ok.

vCash
    Get Profar or Andrus from the Rangers or a package of Gose + Arancebia package is good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So you won't criticize the team under any circumstances whatsoever. Ok.
    Name calling isn't criticism.

We aren't talking about all circumstances, are we? We are talking about a player personel decision.

I may not like a decision, but I won't resort to questioning Alderson's competence because 1. he has access to significantly more information, 2. has significantly more experience, 3. baseball decisions are often hit or miss, and even the most informed decisuons can go awry.

Just so you know, you can establish arguments without name-calling or questioning competance.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-02-2012 at 12:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I think that the Mets could net Meyers for Dickey -
    So far I see Lester, Shields and Dickey being possibilities for KC.
    Lester and Shields would be better long term bets for KC, BUT I think KC is also cost conscious, and IMO Dickey would be more cost effective per game pitched over the next two three years. He definitely could anchor a staff and can eat innings and get W's. If KC is serious about contending over the next 3 years (until their own young pitchers are ready) Isn't that what you look for?

The question is then, is that worth losing Meyers? Do they have OF depth to replace Meyers in the minors?

I think its a good fit but the Mets will and should be waiting for KC to come to them - this would net them more leverage.

I really think this could get done and would be a win/win.
    Agree. They also may have trouble extending Lester or Shields past 2014. I think if RA is open to signing an extension, he may turn out to be the best fit there. Basically, RA is a guy who can be the face of a franchise. The Mets just pinned the "C" on David Wrights uniform, but if Wright weren't here, you could have given it to RA. The Mets have another guy named Santana who can provide that veteran leadership and example for the young arms they have coming up, but I think that's part of what KC is looking for here. Neither team is exactly in "win now" mode just yet. But I think KC is partly trying to change the atmosphere and expectations in that clubhouse for the young players they do have coming up. I think that's part of what they are buying here. That, and ticket sales.

Could be a good career move for RA as well. I'm sure he'd like to go somewhere where he has a chance to win a ring. But he's also a guy who could parlay a few years being the center of attention in a place like KC into a nice post-baseball media career.

vCash
    I think there is more then 50% chance Dickey will be moved during the winter meetings. I rather they trade him over Niese. I feel with at least 6 or 7 teams interested him Aldersom should be able to get the right deal he wants for Dickey.

vCash
    According to MLB rUMORS the Rangers want to talk about Dickey during the winters metting too. Not sure how there minor league system is but guess they are one of the 6 or 7 teams who want to talk nest week to the mets

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast