Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I kind of wish we could have gotten Shields . He's a very good pitcher.

And we'd have more control over the market with him. Sadly these Mets don't have the necessary pieces for such a move

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    We're gonna regret not cashing in on Flores IMO.
    Agreed... Hopefully he will continue to develop and gains more value. I am sure that there is another team out there who has a similar talent that is also blocked. An equal swap should be looked for.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Agreed... Hopefully he will continue to develop and gains more value. I am sure that there is another team out there who has a similar talent that is also blocked. An equal swap should be looked for.
    And in all likelihood he's just another in a long line of failed Mets position prospects.

vCash
    And in all likelihood he's just another in a long line of failed Mets position prospects.
    Flores being in Coors Field Jr. (Las Vegas) and the PCL should up his value next year.

The Mets still have time to deal him and could get more for him as they let him continually develop.

The Mets are lucky to have depth there with Flores and Aderlin Rodriguez due to the lack quality 3rd baseman in the majors.

They don't have many options with Flores besides dealing him if he can't find another position besides 3rd.

Flores should bring us something valuable in return. He can rake without question and should be more attractive next year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    I didn't know guys like Wright, Reyes, Murphy, Davis, Tejada, and Gomez were failed Mets position prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I didn't know guys like Wright, Reyes, Murphy, Davis, Tejada, and Gomez were failed Mets position prospects.
    Wright/Reyes = 10 years ago

Murphy? = Limited

Tejada = Decent

Gomez = 1 good season so far - after how many years in Minny?

Davis = As yet unproven

vCash
    Wright/Reyes = 10 years ago

Murphy? = Limited

Tejada = Decent

Gomez = 1 good season so far - after how many years in Minny?

Davis = As yet unproven
    None are failures. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    None are failures. Period.

And the Mets don't produce many above average position players, Period. In fact the Mets recent history with posi players is awful.

Where's Milledge and Flop-Mart these days?

vCash
    And the Mets don't produce many above average position players, Period. In fact the Mets recent history with posi players is awful.

Where's Milledge and Flop-Mart these days?
    Because we neglected our farm system by being cheap in the draft. Things will change.

vCash
    It was the earliest of rumors floated out there for Dickey, but you hear nothing of it anymore. Yet, it's still the one I most prefer after hearing the names floated from other potential dance partners .... To Anaheim for Trumbo and Bourjos.

Arencibia/Gose in Toronto don't excite me. D'Arnaud would change that.

Same for Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain in KC. Myers would be a dream, but just don't see them doing it.

The pundits keep pointing to Texas, but I just haven't heard any names that make me think "impact". Olt just seems like another ill attempt to fit a bat at a position ... Going back to Samuel in CF, Hundley in LF, Piazza at 1B, and Murphy in LF ...

By definition of this thread, there are supposedly 2-3 other teams out there. Who?

At least Trumbo has LF experience, and the idea of 30 HRs at 27 years old is exciting. Same for Bourjos -- speed, defense, and only 26. I don't konw, but I REALLY like the idea of Trumbo and Bourjos for Dickey ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskey Butch View Post
    It was the earliest of rumors floated out there for Dickey, but you hear nothing of it anymore. Yet, it's still the one I most prefer after hearing the names floated from other potential dance partners .... To Anaheim for Trumbo and Bourjos.

Same for Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain in KC. Myers would be a dream, but just don't see them doing it.

The pundits keep pointing to Texas, but I just haven't heard any names that make me think "impact". Olt just seems like another ill attempt to fit a bat at a position ... Going back to Samuel in CF, Hundley in LF, Piazza at 1B, and Murphy in LF ...

By definition of this thread, there are supposedly 2-3 other teams out there. Who?

At least Trumbo has LF experience, and the idea of 30 HRs at 27 years old is exciting. Same for Bourjos -- speed, defense, and only 26. I don't konw, but I REALLY like the idea of Trumbo and Bourjos for Dickey ....

Great username...great job with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskey Butch View Post

I'd rather have Olt than Trumbo I think. Olt has more upside.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Shoot I'd take Trumbo in a heartbeat. Is that even possible?

vCash
    Guys Olt is not that much less of a hitter than Myers is. If we can get Olt for Dickey that would be awesome. Olt is a middle of the order bat who can play RF or LF.

I think I would pull the trigger on Olt for Dickey straight up, but I think we can even get a mid level SP prospect from Texas to be thrown in a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Guys Olt is not that much less of a hitter than Myers is. If we can get Olt for Dickey that would be awesome. Olt is a middle of the order bat who can play RF or LF.

I think I would pull the trigger on Olt for Dickey straight up, but I think we can even get a mid level SP prospect from Texas to be thrown in a deal.
    I disagree. Olt was 23 in AA this year and hit .288/.398/.579. Myers was 21 in AA and hit .343/.414/.731 in 35 games before moving up to AAA and hitting .304/.378/.554 in the PCL. Myers has the upside of a superstar, while Olt's upside is a star. The younger player usually has a better chance.

Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast