Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Dickey can teach a few Mets pitchers/prospects how to successfully throw a knuckleball, he's worth more than anything the Mets could get in return.

vCash
    Arencibia sucks, Niese for him? LOL!!!

vCash
    I have very mixed feelings about Mike Olt. I like him, but I have my concerns.

He would be the lowest I'd be willing to go in terms of a deal for Dickey though.

It would have to be a package leading with Olt and at least one or two other decent prospects.

I'm still a bit mixed on it, but if it helps the future, and he has a chance to be the right handed power Ofer we need so badly...then I guess I'm on board.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-07-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    I wonder if the Mets trade Dickey for that package if they'd try to sign a veteran CF to ease the burden on the OF. They would have an extra $4million at least, so about $19 million in total.

vCash
    If Grenkie goes to the Rangers, then the Dogers will break the bank for a guy like Sanchez. Also we need that 3 way trade to happen that sends Shield to Arizona. If it all breaks this way, the Royals will be coming back to us offering Myers for Niese straight up imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Will Meyers or bust.

Today,(Thursday) ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin takes it a step further, saying on Twitter, “The Royals actually talked to the Mets more about Niese and Wheeler in trade variations involving Myers – not Dickey.”

If true, we may want to move on to wanting someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Today,(Thursday) ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin takes it a step further, saying on Twitter, “The Royals actually talked to the Mets more about Niese and Wheeler in trade variations involving Myers – not Dickey.”

If true, we may want to move on to wanting someone else.
    Niese and Wheeler in different variations. More likely that means one of the other plus other pieces.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I have very mixed feelings about Mike Olt. I like him, but I have my concerns.

He would be the lowest I'd be willing to go in terms of a deal for Dickey though.

It would have to be a package leading with Olt and at least one or two other decent prospects.

I'm still a bit mixed on it, but if it helps the future, and he has a chance to be the right handed power Ofer we need so badly...then I guess I'm on board.
    How he is as an outfielder is my biggest concern, I know he has played the outfield this winter, but in his 3 years in the Rangers system he's played a total of 5 games in RF, starting in 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    How he is as an outfielder is my biggest concern, I know he has played the outfield this winter, but in his 3 years in the Rangers system he's played a total of 5 games in RF, starting in 1.
    He seems to be athletic enough to play the position. Unlike Flores who has virtually no foot speed.

vCash
    You acquire Olt for his hitting. I like Ike but he played awful until the break last year so he's expendable IMO. If Olt stinks in the OF you could always move him to first and trade Ike.

vCash
    The Royals seem "very interested" in Dickey, Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports. However, they wouldn't be interested in sending top prospect Wil Myers to New York for the knuckleballer. Dickey, James Shields and Jeremy Hellickson remain in play for the Royals, Dutton reports. However, it now seems unlikely that the Red Sox will move Jon Lester.
    http://basebuzz.com/

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    The Mets view the Blue Jays, Royals and Rangers as the most likely trade suitors for Dickey, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter). In Olney's view Dickey's contract demands may seem more reasonable based on some recent free agent contracts.
    http://basebuzz.com/

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    They arent interested....yet. If Shields gets traded somewhere else and Sanchez signs somewhere else who knows...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I just wish there was a report on what exactly the Royals are willing to give up. They aren't giving up.

I know many of you want Oderizzi but I doubt thats someone they are willing to part with. He's to close to the majors for a team in desperate need of pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    He seems to be athletic enough to play the position. Unlike Flores who has virtually no foot speed.

We're gonna regret not cashing in on Flores IMO.

Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast