Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    vCash
    But I agree you cannot trade both.

vCash
    I would rather have Olt and Meyers than Dickey and Niese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ny_heartbreak View Post
    i would rather have olt and meyers than dickey and niese.
    +1

vCash
    You can trade both but you would be conceding the 2013 season. You would also have to get kinda creative.

Niese, Flores, duda for Myers (maybe throw in a bit more to get another pitching spec back...possibly Montgomery or Joseph)

You really can't give up Niese and familia while also trading dickey in another deal. It would water down our rotation way too much.

I could see us rolling with Santana, Harvey, gee, mejia and famila to start 2013 if we could get Myers and Olt for the corner spots.

That leaves us Wheeler, Gorski, McHugh and Hefner to step in if someone falters.

We could also always bring back pelfrey which I am personally down for.

Bringing back pelfrey is actually a good idea bc it would leave more time for wheeler to develop. Also if he has a good start he gives us a valuable trading chip to pick up another young arm at the deadline. Same goes for Santana.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    If we can get both of those guys, I would concede the 2013 season, no problem. 2013 isn't even a year we would compete. Wheeler will only be up around July and we still have no outfield. If we're going to blow the season anyway, we might as well really suck, collect a top 10 protected pick, and get Olt and Meyers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    2014 rotation may look like: Harvey, Wheeler, Mejia, Gee, FA pitcher/Gorski/Familia/etc.

If Mejia can become a decent starting pitcher, that's a very good 1,2,3,4.

Not to mention we have Fulmer, Tapia, all those second tier guys, and the entire Brooklyn rotation in the wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...and you just devastated your pitching depth

It leaves the Mets with Santana, Harvey, Gee, Hefner and Mejia with Wheeler and McHugh and yes Schwinden as the surplus.
    I am not at all a Familia advocate. Don't like him. Sign a few crappy free agent starters or make a trade for a lesser pitcher using Duda or someone else. Trade Niese, Dickey is only gonna be effective for another year. May as well have a clean slate.

vCash
    All this talk about getting Myers and Olt is just pie in the sky. I cannot imagine Sandy trading both Dickey and Niese away. One of them could definitely be dealt, but even then he might not bring back either Myers or Olt. Both teams seem pretty firm about keeping their #1 prospects at this time.

If we are lucky, really lucky, LAD signs Greinke and Texas agressively pursues Dickey as their Plan B. In that event, we could possibly wind up with Olt, but I wouldn't bet on it. More likely, we come away with a package of Leonys Martin, Cody Buckel and either Luis Sardina or Lewis Brinson.

If we aren't lucky, Greinke signs with Texas and we move on to the Blue Jays, where we want D'Arnaud and a package, but again, are more likely to get Arencibia, Gose and Syndergaard. If Sandy gets creative and decides to seek his catcher elsewhere, he asks for Bonifacio instead of Arencibia.

Either way, we'd get very good value for R.A. and Myers will be wearing a Rays uniform come March.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Trade Dickey to the Rangers for Cody Buckel and Jurickson Profar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    All this talk about getting Myers and Olt is just pie in the sky. I cannot imagine Sandy trading both Dickey and Niese away. One of them could definitely be dealt, but even then he might not bring back either Myers or Olt. Both teams seem pretty firm about keeping their #1 prospects at this time.
    Age aside, we've got the NL Cy Young award winner. If we can't get a team's #1 hitting prospect for that, then we need to tell that team to get %%&*&* lost and just re-sign him.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    I wouldn't mind swapping Niese along with Duda and another prospect for Myers.

We could use the offense.

Then we could just keep Dickey and still have a decent rotation.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Age aside, we've got the NL Cy Young award winner. If we can't get a team's #1 hitting prospect for that, then we need to tell that team to get %%&*&* lost and just re-sign him.
    Exactly.

Cy Young winner is who we are talking about.

He is old, but he is a knuckleballer, a unique one at that.

Of course he is going to get undervalued by many. But, we know what we have in him. We shouldn't trade him if others are undervaluing him.

Dickey is worth a legit spec, I don't care what anyone says. He has plenty of baseball left in the tank, and is currently one of the best pitcher in the game.

We all know what we have in him. Don't let anyone else tell you differently.

This whole thing is nonsense if you ask me. I want to keep Dickey. The only reason I entertained this whole idea was because we need offense and a guy like Wil Myers could be a future star. Anything less than that is not up my alley.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    AdamRubinESPN #Royals actually talked to #Mets more about Jon Niese and Zack Wheeler in trade variations involving Wil Myers -- not Dickey. Not happening.
    I would explore in trading Niese for Myers but not both. I can part with Niese and a Gee for Myers but that's just a wet dream.

vCash
    Dickey is going to one of three teams, Anaheim, Texas or Kansas City. I tell you I was watching Intentional Talk and Chris Rose actually had a nice trade with Dickey going to Anaheim for Bourjos which seems beneficial for both clubs IMO.

vCash
    I really think Dickey is going to get traded to the Rangers for Olt. Article on MetsBlog says if Rangers don't get Greinke, they are willing to deal Olt for Dickey.
    #oneatatime

Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast