Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Dickey=Ace, Blanton=back-end starter
    If Blanton can get 15 million for 2 years that just cripples the Mets from signing any backend starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    I don't know why you guys don't just sign him to extension then. You guys are asking for packages that suggest Dickey is an 20-25 million pitcher but offering him less then 15 million per on an extension.

It doesn't make any sense. What you are basically saying is we think he's Ryan dempster/Dan Haren/Shaun Marcum but we want you pay via trade like he's Roy Halladay/Cliff Lee.

Is it any surprise the packages are underwhelming considering?
    We can't do both.

We can't try to trade him and also sign him with the intention of keeping him. Our offer to Dickey was our first offer. His counter offer is the 45 million dollar number you are seeing. Other than that we have been at a stand still because we are trying to trade him.

vCash

Six or seven teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey

That report seems false and he actually wants 2 years 30 million.

vCash
    KC wants to get rid of the contracts of Frenchy and/or Hochever. If the Mets were able to take on one or both of those contracts they could probably net more in a trade. Now to take on both would be a lot of money but it could fill our holes and their contracts aren't very long which allows flexibility.

Hochever can step into the number 5 starter role until Wheeler is ready. Then get moved to the bullpen which at this point in his career as a failed starter, he may be better suited for. As a number 1 pick KC couldn't really justify making that move.

Frenchy has many flaws at the plate. Doesn't walk much, Strikes out a ton etc... However he does have power, he can still swipe a few bases and he still plays good defense with a rocket throwing arm. He is better then Duda bc of his defense and would be cheaper then signing Ludwick or bringing back Hairston.

Its also fair to say that the Royals are willing to part with prospects outside of Myers and Oderizzi as they view Myers starting the season in the majors and Oderizzi potentially joining the rotation mid season.

So here is what I suggest.

Royals get:
    Dickey and Murphy

Mets get: Starling, Cuthbert, Colon, Joseph and Bonafacio.

Also the Mets take on Frenchy and Hochever and all of their contract.
    Last edited by Rio40; 12-06-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    They said Myers is available and they recently offered him for James Shields and Tampa backed out of the deal. Myers can be had and thats what should be the goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    They said Myers is available and they recently offered him for James Shields and Tampa backed out of the deal. Myers can be had and thats what should be the goal.
    The general consensus from everything in the media is that know one trusts a 37 year old knuckleballer to give up a top MLB ready prospect for him.

I do feel they are completely off base but theres not much the Mets can do about that.

At this point I would be willing to trade him for a few very high potential pieces that could become very good players down the line. Royals prospects I would be very interested in are.

Bubba Starling - Potential future star center fielder.

Christian Colon - Second basement with a very similar skill set to Tejada but with a little power and speed. He is very close to MLB ready.

Donnie Joseph - Close to MLB ready bullpen arm. Could be a close or setup guy.

Cheslor Cuthbert - Very Young at 19 but has a ton of potential. Gives us an opportunity to move Wright to a corner outfield spot later in his career.

Jorge Bonafacio - Future corner outfielder with a really good bat. Again only 19.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    The general consensus from everything in the media is that know one trusts a 37 year old knuckleballer to give up a top MLB ready prospect for him.

I do feel they are completely off base but theres not much the Mets can do about that.

At this point I would be willing to trade him for a few very high potential pieces that could become very good players down the line. Royals prospects I would be very interested in are.

Bubba Starling - Potential future star center fielder.

Christian Colon - Second basement with a very similar skill set to Tejada but with a little power and speed. He is very close to MLB ready.

Donnie Joseph - Close to MLB ready bullpen arm. Could be a close or setup guy.

Cheslor Cuthbert - Very Young at 19 but has a ton of potential. Gives us an opportunity to move Wright to a corner outfield spot later in his career.

Jorge Bonafacio - Future corner outfielder with a really good bat. Again only 19.
    RA Dickey is tied for the 2nd best Quality Starts % over the last 3 years with David Price with 74%. Verlander is the only pitcher with a higher percentage, 75%.

For a point of reference Shields is at 62% for the past 3 years.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    RA Dickey is tied for the 2nd best Quality Starts % over the last 3 years with David Price with 74%. Verlander is the only pitcher with a higher percentage, 75%.

For a point of reference Shields is at 62% for the past 3 years.
    I'm not arguing against that at all. All I am saying is that from everything we have been hearing, that their is a bias against Dickey due to his age and the fact that he's a Knuckleballer.

There is no doubt in my mind that he is a top 5 MLB pitcher. However the bias against him will keep up from getting a top mlb ready prospect.

I still think we can get top prospects for him just not MLB ready.

One MLB ready player I really like is Cristian Colon who I feel the Royals would be willing to include in a package around Starling. He is a Tejada clone and plays second. Also will prob steal more bases and hit a few homeruns.

vCash
    If we can't net a true impact player for Dickey, then we hold onto him. I don't see the point in moving him for a player below that tier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Nolin could be a stud, a tall lefty who's throwing 95 MPH...not easy to find.

4th outfielder? Gose? not sure you understand his potential. This is a guy who, even if he hits as an average center fielder, will be an above average guy in center. His speed,defense and arm is outstanding.

JPA,Gose and Syndergaard would be pretty damn hard to pass up IMO. Syndergaard is a top pitching prospect and I honestly can't see him being dealt. This is a guy who projects to be a front-line starter and is the best pitching prospect in a very deep pool.
    I agree. I'd think that's a fair trade for both teams personally, you guys don't really need JPA or Gose right now and Syndergaard is further away, so Dickey would make a lot of sense for the way your roster is constructed. I would take Nolin instead if you really don't want to part with him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    If Blanton can get 15 million for 2 years that just cripples the Mets from signing any backend starter.

I'm not worried about signing a 5th starter.

Wheeler, Gorski, McHugh, Mejia and Familia could all step in this year and fill that role if we trade Dickey. All of which I would prefer over spening 15 M on a guy like Blanton.

Hefner isn't a bad pitcher either. He pitched pretty decent when filling in last year.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN #Royals actually talked to #Mets more about Jon Niese and Zack Wheeler in trade variations involving Wil Myers -- not Dickey. Not happening.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash

Six or seven teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey

If they would trade Niese an other(s) for Myers, then it better be Myers and another good player coming back.

vCash
    LOL Niese AND Wheeler? Royals are trying to trade rape us.

Young pitching is the most valuable commodity, I'd rather just pay for a corner outfielder.

vCash
    Jim Duquette said the Mets asked Baltimore for Bundy when they called on R.A.

Sandy has some big brass balls.
    How long did it take Sandy to realize that Duquette hung up?

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast