Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Angels reported ready to sign Joe Blanton. Might effect pursuit of Greinke or interest in Dickey?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Dickey=Ace, Blanton=back-end starter

vCash
    Blanton the Blob?

vCash
    Andy McCullough‏@McCulloughSL

So Joe Blanton is getting just $5M less than what the Mets appear willing to give R.A. Dickey? Good times.

Retweeted by Buster Olney

vCash
    The difference is that Dickey is not a free agent. If Dickey was a free agent, he could ask for the world and someone would probably give it to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    The guy barely has 1,000 followers. I don't think he's a legit source
    Are u for real?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...n-cooperstown/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    So he is some low-level reporter with a twitter? Okay.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    If they added McGuire and Nolin or something like that I would do it.

Problem with the jays is the mets most interest would be in d'arnaud who you won't trade. Also the outfielder u traded to the Marlins is prob the guy the mets had most interest in.
    You don't want McGuire he's garbage. You'd probably want nolin.

If you want TDA and Gose you'd have to expand the deal for it to make sense to me from a jays fan perspective. I would want Ike Davis included.

vCash
    I'll pass then, I would rather have Dickey than trade him for an average catcher and a 4th outfielder. Realistically JPA has the same value as Murphy.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Yeah, if JPA and Gose is the best offer, Ill keep Dickey and hope with the really strong pitching and some patch work in the OF they can compete.

Keep Dickey, trade for a guy like Jason Kubel, sign either Ross or Ludwick as well as Olivo and hope to god the lineup produces enough. But if the best we are gonna get is a .275 OBP catcher and a guy who looks like hes gonna be a fourth OF, ill pass
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Yeah, if JPA and Gose is the best offer, Ill keep Dickey and hope with the really strong pitching and some patch work in the OF they can compete.

Keep Dickey, trade for a guy like Jason Kubel, sign either Ross or Ludwick as well as Olivo and hope to god the lineup produces enough. But if the best we are gonna get is a .275 OBP catcher and a guy who looks like hes gonna be a fourth OF, ill pass
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I'll pass then, I would rather have Dickey than trade him for an average catcher and a 4th outfielder. Realistically JPA has the same value as Murphy.

yeah but they need someone to replace Hairston.

My life sucks.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post

I agree, but if the offer was JPA, Gose and Syndergaard, would you take it? I would.

Even doing that deal, though, we'd still need a corner outfielder. I'm not high on Kubel. Even though he's 3 years older, I'd trade for Willingham, who is a better hitter, more pop, and bats right handed, which we need to balance the lineup. If I was going to deal for a 30 yr old LH hitter (like Kubel) I'd opt for Shin-Soo Choo, who also gives you better offense than Kubel. All 3 are defensive liabilities, but you'd be getting the better offense with Willingham or Choo. Ross brings up the rear, although you could get him without giving up any prospects.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    You don't want McGuire he's garbage. You'd probably want nolin.

If you want TDA and Gose you'd have to expand the deal for it to make sense to me from a jays fan perspective. I would want Ike Davis included.
    Nolin could be a stud, a tall lefty who's throwing 95 MPH...not easy to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    4th outfielder? Gose? not sure you understand his potential. This is a guy who, even if he hits as an average center fielder, will be an above average guy in center. His speed,defense and arm is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I agree, but if the offer was JPA, Gose and Syndergaard, would you take it? I would.

Even doing that deal, though, we'd still need a corner outfielder. I'm not high on Kubel. Even though he's 3 years older, I'd trade for Willingham, who is a better hitter, more pop, and bats right handed, which we need to balance the lineup. If I was going to deal for a 30 yr old LH hitter (like Kubel) I'd opt for Shin-Soo Choo, who also gives you better offense than Kubel. All 3 are defensive liabilities, but you'd be getting the better offense with Willingham or Choo. Ross brings up the rear, although you could get him without giving up any prospects.
    JPA,Gose and Syndergaard would be pretty damn hard to pass up IMO. Syndergaard is a top pitching prospect and I honestly can't see him being dealt. This is a guy who projects to be a front-line starter and is the best pitching prospect in a very deep pool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post

I don't know why you guys don't just sign him to extension then. You guys are asking for packages that suggest Dickey is an 20-25 million pitcher but offering him less then 15 million per on an extension.

It doesn't make any sense. What you are basically saying is we think he's Ryan dempster/Dan Haren/Shaun Marcum but we want you pay via trade like he's Roy Halladay/Cliff Lee.

Is it any surprise the packages are underwhelming considering?

Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast