Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What about something like R.A. Dickey & Daniel Murphy for Wil Myers and Manny Pina?

Gives the Royals a cheap, under-control, pitcher that they can stick at the top of the rotation who will pitch deep into games effectively, along with Murphy who could give them some pop at 2B. It would give Chris Getz some competition at 2B, or if he loses out on the job, Murphy could be used in the AL as a super-sub and play some DH. Gives them some versatility.

For the Mets, we get the young, big impact RH power prospect we need to plug in RF, who can help us now and long term and gives us a RH 25 year old catcher that has a strong throwing arm and doesn't strike out much. Would be more of a defensive guy that can develop into a gap hitter and complement Josh Thole.

While I'm sure the Mets can get a bit more for this type of package assuming KC is interested in Dickey and Murphy, I would definitely jump on this type of deal. While I like Murphy, I don't mind letting Valdespin/Havens/Hicks compete for the job. We could even target a guy in the Rule 5 draft for 2B like Ty Kelly from the Orioles. He's a high OBP guy that has some gap power and I could totally see Sandy nabbing him if there was a spot at 2B. Even Josh Satin if he doesn't get taken in the Rule 5 as well.

Basically, even if we have to overpay to get a guy like Wil Myers, I'd be very tempted to make a deal. But I really think KC has some nice pieces if they are interested in moving guys.

vCash
    The way I understand it, talking to league insiders this morning, the Mets are asking for at least two top prospects, including your team’s best hitting prospect, and maybe a back-up catcher, in any deal for R.A. Dickey.

This is consistent with recent reports saying the Mets have asked about Royals OF Wil Myers (ESPNNY) and Red Sox OF Jackie Bradley Jr., among others (ESPNBoston), all of which is consistent with Dave Cameron’s calculation for FanGraphs determining Dickey’s trade value.

Similarly, the Mets could get SS Dee Gordon and top pitching prospect Zach Lee from the Dodgers for Dickey, according to John Harper of the Daily News, who says the Dodgers could look to trade for Dickey even if they sign free-agent Zack Greinke.

It also seems the Mets are willing to include in the deal one or two of their own pitching prospects, not named Zack Wheeler. This morning, Andy Martino of the Daily News said the Mets have discussed minor-leaguers Logan Verrett and Darin Gorski in deals for an outfielder.

So, far, it sounds to me like the the Royals and Blue Jays are most likely to meet Sandy Alderson’s demands, since they are looking to win now and take advantage of weakening teams in their division.

Royals manager Ned Yost told SiriusXM today that his team is willing to deal Myers for someone who puts them over the top.

“The Mets will have legit trade offers to pick over,” a source with knowledge of the situation told me. However, the source said, the Rays will likely be Alderson’s top competition, since they are also looking for a young bat, like Myers, while offering James Shields in return.
    metsblog

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    I really want zero part of Dee Gordon as i don't ever see him being a consistent hitter in the majors.

Zach Lee has a lot of upside but i would really rather the Mets look elsewhere besides the Dodgers.

vCash
    It's definitely easy to see the Mets want Myers for Dickey. Let's hope

vCash
    Will Meyers or bust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Wil Myers PolaroidThe Mets are still pursuing Royals OF prospect Wil Myers, ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports, according to multiple sources.

Dec. 4, 6:44 pm: Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star says “talks are dead” if the Mets want Myers for R.A. Dickey.

Myers, who will be 22 on Opening Day, hit a combined .314 with a .600 SLG, 37 HR, 109 RBI and 140 strikeouts in Double-A and Triple-A in 2012.

He has yet play in the Major Leagues, but is widely considered to be among the best hitting prospects in baseball.

This morning, Royals manager Ned Yost told Jim Duquette and Mike Ferrin on SiriusXM that the Royals would be willing to deal Myers if it brought them a starting pitcher they felt “put them over the top.” For instance, in a recent report for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton said the Royals have discussed trading Myers to the Red Sox for Jon Lester or to the Rays for James Shields.
    metsblog

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Not surprised. Ask for Bubba next.

They won't trade Myers for Dickey, but would for Jon Lester coming off a very bad year?

vCash
    This morning, Royals manager Ned Yost told Jim Duquette and Mike Ferrin on SiriusXM that the Royals would be willing to deal Myers if it brought them a starting pitcher they felt “put them over the top.” For instance, in a recent report for the Kansas City Star, Bob Dutton said the Royals have discussed trading Myers to the Red Sox for Jon Lester or to the Rays for James Shields.
    Well Dickey would put them over the top. However if they are that hesitant on dealing Myers, I have no issue including a young pitcher like Verrett along with Dickey to get a deal done. If we have to throw a B level prospect in, I think I'm also fine with that provided KC was willing to send a C like Pina along too. Although Dickey is a Cy Young caliber pitcher, the reality is he's almost 40 and not every GM is going to bend over like Brian Sabean did for Beltran. Go out and get Myers, you cant trade-rape everyone.

vCash
    Yeah I would be more inclined to believe the Royals' front office over a beat writer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I still think it will be the Rangers who trade for him and obviously the Dodgers if somehow they do not give Grienke a zillion dollars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I still think it will be the Rangers who trade for him and obviously the Dodgers if somehow they do not give Grienke a zillion dollars.
    Perhaps. I just don't want the Dodgers package. However, I'd gladly take the Rangers package

vCash
    The Rangers make the most sense as a trade partner.

They are certainly the best team in that division if they add Dickey.

vCash
    Well Dickey would put the Rangers on top of that division, but Dickey might also pit the Royals on top of theirs. The Royals could also do with better national coverage. They've been pushing for it with the last All-Star game, and now with their desires to compete for the division. Signing Dickey would give them the spotlight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    What is the Rangers package?
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    What is the Rangers package?
    The Mets would probably be looking for a deal including Olt and Leonys Martin or Martin Perez.

Or one of those guys and a lower level spec.

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast