Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
    #Mets telling suitors will not go Beltran route with Dickey taking 1 star prospct. Want multiples because: 1) new team gets Dickey for full yr, not half 2) can tender offer to get draft pick comp if leaves after '13 3) outstanding pact ($5M) with legit chance to extend

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Agent Bo McKinnis, who represents R.A. Dickey, said talks with the Mets have been cordial. Still, McKinnis added, the knuckleballer getting traded would not surprise him in the least.

“It’s hard to gauge,” McKinnis told ESPNNewYork.com about projecting a resolution. “We have enough of a difference of opinion that if R.A. does get traded, I can’t say I would be surprised. I’m not saying that’s our first choice, but if it happens, I’m not going to be surprised. There will be no hard feelings with it, either. Certainly, if it were to happen, R.A. would like to go to a winning, successful club. But it’s just part of the business.

“Sandy and I have had good talks,” McKinnis added. “And he’s let it be known that they have interest in R.A. being with the Mets long turn. And we’ve let it be known that R.A. has interest in being with the Mets long term. If there’s a difference of opinion on the contract, now that’s just something for us to continue to talk about.

“It’s kind of been a slow process, but that may be a product of Mr. Wright’s deal this past week. I know that had to occupy their time significantly. But there has not been anything confrontational between Sandy and myself. And I feel as though he’s been very forthright on their side. And we have on ours.”

McKinnis said it's the dollars, not years, on the contract extension that are the stumbling block.

“As we’ve spoken of number of years, I think we’re both in a general area,” McKinnis said. “We’ve talked about various proposals and different structures and there’s multiple that I think we both could be happy with. That’s definitely not the issue. It would definitely go back to the actual dollars.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...-dickeys-agent
    Is Bo McKinnis like John the Baptist?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    Budget? What budget? rivals execs convinced #dodgers are about to open vault for greinke. http://cbsprt.co/TI55r4

vCash
    KC's looking at the astros bud norris, would probably cost them nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Not enough for them if they plan on contending. Dickey is an affordable ace. Bud Norris would be a great addition to that team..if he's a number 2 or 3. Not their 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    Not enough for them if they plan on contending. Dickey is an affordable ace. Bud Norris would be a great addition to that team..if he's a number 2 or 3. Not their 1.

Kansas City has a history of settling for mediocrity. Im sure they'd love the prospect of adding a decent starter while not having to give up a stud player like myers. Not saying it'd be the right move but its a move they'd make judging by their history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    He's a #4.

vCash

Six or seven teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey

In the end I think Texas will bite and trade Olt and another spec once Grienke is off the market.

vCash
    I have a gut feeling KC will trade Myers plus.

vCash
    I think when the Dodgers sign Greinke, Texas comes in and offers Olt, Alfaro, and Martin. The question then becomes if KC gets spooked and offers up Myers
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I get that feeling too. I dont know why. I just think this is the type of guy KC would deal for. Affordable ace who at the very least if you lose next year, you get a couple picks.

I think KC ultimately offers something like Myers and Ventura

The question is, does Texas panic after losing out on Greinke and offer up Olt, Alfaro, Martin+

I really want Myers, but I like the idea of Olt and Martin since it fills 2 OF spots
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    In the end I think Texas will bite and trade Olt and another spec once Grienke is off the market.
    Texas doesn't want to deal him apparently.

vCash
    Not for Dickey, imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Not for Dickey, imo.
    Rumor has it, they already offered Myers.
    The Mets want more.

vCash
    Rumor has it, they already offered Myers.
    The Mets want more.
    Where?

If that's the case, the Mets are brain-dead.

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast