Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
Results 1,186 to 1,196 of 1196
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I think the Blue Jays could be better off signing a guy like Edwin Jackson and plugging D'Arnaud over Arencibia. That improves them a lot.

I'd be hard-pressed to give him up if I was a Jays fan.
    I like you well said.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I think the Blue Jays could be better off signing a guy like Edwin Jackson and plugging D'Arnaud over Arencibia. That improves them a lot.

The Blue Jays won't get Jackson for the same reason us Mets fans don't want JPA. They just are not significant improvements over what we either already have or what is already out there in the trade and free agent markets.

vCash

I disagree. Dickey is an ace, Jackson is not. A lot is riding on Josh Johnson as it is, and they're going to need all the pitching they can get to compete in that division.

Of course, I do agree that I'd be holding my nose as a Jays fan. But fans never want to part with their bright and shiny toys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Thats honestly a steal for the mets... Jpa, gose and sean nolin might be a nice middle ground tho. Nolin is quite impressive... Jpa is the 3rd piece here, obviously.

Syndergaard is an absolute stud. Write it down... If your lucky enough to get him your picking up the next zach wheeler type prospect added to your system. Hes awesome and still real young.
    Really? JPA, Gose, and Nolin? LOL

vCash
    I like you well said.
    Obviously you like that sentiment, because it assumes you'd be better off with Edwin Jackson than RA Dickey, which simply is not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    So, if our goal is to get better by 2014, this guy could be a key? I'm always worried about prospects, especially with catchers. We need a catcher who can produce, and I am getting sick of Thole.

Catcher is a problem for us, but I still feel that our biggest problem is our OF.
    TDA is MLB ready. Gose might need a little time but isn't that far off (could start but likely should be a mid callup).

Gose even if his bat never comes around at the ML level will be an decent CF because of his defense.

His SB's and his plate discipline also mitigates some of the risk offensively as well.

I think when comparing prospects from the Blue jays/Texas/Etc it's not only important to look at their ceilings but their floors as well.

Gose will be a starting CF at the ML level. Can you say the same about some kid at A ball? Sure their ceilings maybe the same but how many prospects flame out at the higher levels when facing better competition (a ton)?

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Perfect example of why i still think in the end the Mets end up getting TDA, Gose, and maybe Syndergaard. People acting like all three of those guys are gonna be stars. Mets would be lucky if 1 of them end up being very good.

That's a #11 and #83 overall prospect + Gose.

Rays got a lot more for less.
    Your bat **** crazy, no way the jays do that. None... Not from a gm who preaches patience and have said they are still building through the system. You basically want the best catcher in the minors, a potential ace/number two starter and gose? Why do people think gose is a throw in, hes not. At all.

If that trade happened I would actually blow up the rogers center on my way to work. Awful trade. Oh and just because drayton moore is an idiot, doesn't mean alex is. You did see the marlins trade ya? He doesn't get rapped, he is the one doing it

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    Obviously you like that sentiment, because it assumes you'd be better off with Edwin Jackson than RA Dickey, which simply is not true.
    Exactly at the end of the day it's R.A. that will make the Blue Jays better if your in a win now mode you don't go half way and then back out. You get the best squad possible and go into war. R.A. would be a great fit behind Josh Johnson

vCash
    Thats honestly a steal for the mets... Jpa, gose and sean nolin might be a nice middle ground tho. Nolin is quite impressive... Jpa is the 3rd piece here, obviously.

Syndergaard is an absolute stud. Write it down... If your lucky enough to get him your picking up the next zach wheeler type prospect added to your system. Hes awesome and still real young.
    I like Nolin, but as I said in the Jays forum, I don't see a centerpiece guy there. I might be underselling him a bit, but I don't think that the reward is even all that great even if everything breaks right.

I'm really like Syndergaard and I was a huge fan of Sanchez before the draft, but if I had to choose I'd pick Syndergaard because I feel his floor is higher and the risk is a little less. But at the end of the day, both guys are high risk since they only pitched in Low-A.

I think for a deal to work, one of Syndergaard and Gose needs to be included in the deal if TDA isn't being traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    Your being closed minded. No one said we are better with jackson than dickey. What was said is we would be better with d'arnaud, jackson, gose and syndergaard than dickey. I absolutely agree with him and if you knew anything about minor league ball you would too.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Over 1,000 posts continue discussion on the other thread.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980