Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1196
    vCash
    TDA or bust honestly, we need an impact player. selling short on dickey would be ridiculous
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Which is funny thinking about how Plawecki was one of our top picks last year... and yet we are looking to get a catcher for the future right now
    Plawecki will be our future back-up if we get D'Arnaud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    JP showed that he was nothing special by struggling in Vagas of all places at 23 years old. His plate discipline was and still is terrible, and his hit tool is weak.

TDA is just a much better hitter and defender. He might have less pop though. He had a .914 OPS in AA so he's a very good prospect.

JP is a freaking .220 hitter. You can find a .220 hitting older catcher anywhere.

It's TDA or no trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    JP is a freaking .220 hitter. You can find a .220 hitting older catcher anywhere.

It's TDA or no trade.
    I don't see how what I posted there disagrees with what you are saying?

vCash
    What I don't understand is the love for trumbo but the hate for JPA.

Trumbo is a rich mans JPA with no position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post

Trumbo has legit power in a pitcher's ballpark. His first half last year was incredible, I personally think the HR derby ****ed him up. He can play a passable LF. He can make an impact with us.

vCash
    One thing this brings up is that if the Mets' first intent all along has been to deal Dickey, then criticism of Alderson for not making other moves is baseless because clearly he was waiting to see what if anything transpired with R.A. and what players he might receive in return. Part of that also required the market to open up after free agents like Greinke and Sanchez, et. al. were under contract.

Bottom line is that the knee jerk reactions to the Mets walking away from the winter meetings without a significant acquisition were premature and intellectually irresponsible.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Sherman is reporting that Dickey will not sign an extension with the jays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    One thing this brings up is that if the Mets' first intent all along has been to deal Dickey, then criticism of Alderson for not making other moves is baseless because clearly he was waiting to see what if anything transpired with R.A. and what players he might receive in return. Part of that also required the market to open up after free agents like Greinke and Sanchez, et. al. were under contract.

Bottom line is that the knee jerk reactions to the Mets walking away from the winter meetings without a significant acquisition were premature and intellectually irresponsible.
    Could have still signed a pen arm or something.

vCash
    Sherman is reporting that Dickey will not sign an extension with the jays.
    Sherman is a moron

vCash
    I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get TDA in a trade. It's not worth trading a guy like Dickey for so many reasons that have been overstated...unless if were for a can't miss prospect. The Blue Jays need to pay up.

vCash
    Cmon Sandy get us TDA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

LOL

Trumbo has immense power. He could have seasons of 40 HR's, plus he'll always have a higher avg than JP, kinda like everyone in the league does.

JP doesn't compare to Trumbo.... WTF!!!

vCash
    "Travis d'Arnaud was a "must have" during the winter meetings for a deal with the Blue Jays to happen, sources tell Andy Martino of the Daily News (via Twitter)"

The Mets are going to get TDA if a trade with TOR happens. In fact, they are gonna get TDA plus if he signs an extension.... watch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Trumbo has legit power in a pitcher's ballpark. His first half last year was incredible, I personally think the HR derby ****ed him up. He can play a passable LF. He can make an impact with us.
    We'll if you look at his homerun tracker 6 of his homeruns last season would be questionable in NYM stadium while 0 would be for JPA.

I also think players like JPA and Trumbo who rely on power (HR) and don't get on base are inherently streaky.

If you remove JPA first month when he was one of the worst players in baseball for example he likely finishes with an OPS similar to Trumbo.

He also had an OPS of .767 post all star break. Do those numbers mean anything? Not in my book. Just the mark of a streaky player.

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast