Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    I don't think this is good for us. Texas now has a need for Olt and Martin and LAA doesn't wanna trade Trumbo. Idk what to think
    It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

I think the Rangers can still come out ok on this. Trade Olt + Martin for Dickey + Duda and then sign Bourne.

They get a Cy Young winner and a CF and make up some of their power loss with Duda hitting DH. OF is Cruz, Bourne, and Murphy and they have a VERY strong lineup and rotation. After missing on Hamilton and Greinke they certainly have the cash for Bourne.
    Last edited by Metsin08; 12-13-2012 at 04:34 PM.

I doubt there is anyway the Rangers give up Olt and Martin now. They have a major hole now. Murphy isn't an everyday player.

Personally I don't have much interest in Bourjos. He is to similar to MDD and I think their production would be similar.

Angels prospects that do interest me however are

Kaleb Cowart - Plays third but has more then enough speed to play outfield.

Randal Grichuk - Corner outfield prospect could be a 20-20 .270 guy.

Travis Witherspoon - Plus tools but needs his hitting to develop more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    This signing puts us in a fantastic position.

Texas is desperate and now LA can focus on their pitching needs. We're getting somewhere if we do trade Dickey. Trumbo would just be a pipe dream though.
    I don't know why a Dickey for Trumbo is such a pipe dream, Trumbo does have great power, but it does come with a .268 avg, .317 oba and below average outfield play.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    I don't know why a Dickey for Trumbo is such a pipe dream, Trumbo does have great power, but it does come with a .268 avg, .317 oba and below average outfield play.
    I never heard of him before.

I never heard of any of these guys before.

I was just assuming from what others were saying this guy is Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, and Ricky Henderson all rolled into one.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

I was just assuming from what others were saying this guy is Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, and Ricky Henderson all rolled into one.
    More likely for him to be a combination of Steve Henderson, Dan Norman, Doug Flynn and Pat Zachry.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    More likely for him to be a combination of Steve Henderson, Dan Norman, Doug Flynn and Pat Zachry.
    LOL I love you man!

He does have 30-35 home run power from right side which the Mets can use.

And unlike the prospects the Mets are looking at he is a proven player.

Bourjos and Trumbo can help the Mets, its just they are not as sexy as Olt and Martin.

We'll have to see who makes the push for Dickey now Texas or the Angels..
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-13-2012 at 08:03 PM.

....all I know is that Sandy has had a busy off season. I can't keep up with all these moves.

The more I think about it trumbo would be a good fit his defense just scares me. Dickey is clearly more valuable of the two but I think we may need to come to the conclusion that we will not get equal value for dickey.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He does have 30-35 home run power from right side which the Mets can use.

And unlike the prospects the Mets are looking at he is a proven player.

Bourjos and Trumbo can help the Mets, its just thry are not as sexy as Olt and Martin.

We'll have to see who makes the push for Dickey now Texas or the Angels..
    On the other hand....

Olt struck out 101 times in only 421 AA at bats. And he's 24 years old. Big league pitchers could have a field day with this guy.

There don't seem to be any statistical flaws in Leonys Martin's game but he's a 25 year old Cuban who could be closer in age to 30. That would make him a rich man's Mike Hessman with wheels.

Peter Bourjos is 26 who hit all of .220 in 185 big league plate appearances last season. How is he helping the Mets? Bringing in the French fans?

And Mark Trumbo at age 27 is a home run and strike out machine. If we're getting him for RA Dickey, I hope we get someone better along with him.

I'm not big on Bourjos but to be fair he was always the 4th OF coming off the bench and going days between playing. He's got decent upside but hasn't had consistent playing time to display it. Still prefer Olt, Trumbo, Martin but wouldn't surprise me to seem him hit. 280 with 90r, and 40sb playing somewhere every day.

Quit acting so excited Sick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ....all I know is that Sandy has had a busy off season. I can't keep up with all these moves.
    The only thing missing was a yawn Sick.. lol!

We'll see if the market comes to us now! Its hard being patient when you're a Mets fan!
    " You seek Yoda!

On the other hand....

Olt struck out 101 times in only 421 AA at bats. And he's 24 years old. Big league pitchers could have a field day with this guy.

There don't seem to be any statistical flaws in Leonys Martin's game but he's a 25 year old Cuban who could be closer in age to 30. That would make him a rich man's Mike Hessman with wheels.

Peter Bourjos is 26 who hit all of .220 in 185 big league plate appearances last season. How is he helping the Mets? Bringing in the French fans?

And Mark Trumbo at age 27 is a home run and strike out machine. If we're getting him for RA Dickey, I hope we get someone better along with him.
    Bourjos was a 4th OF in 2012 because of Trout and Hunter, if he hits and plays CF like he did in 2011 he could help the Mets.

Trumbo with his power could be a good cog in the middle of the lineup.

Saying that, I agree the Mets would need more in that deal but I am not sure they could get it.

We'll have to see Texas counters if they do.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-14-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Trumbo would definitely help our lineup, but I would rather have younger outfield prospects instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast