Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Multiple teams have offered top prospect for Dickey

December 12th, 2012 12:09 pm
    The Mets have been offered at least one top hitting prospect from multiple teams looking to acquire R.A. Dickey, CBSSports.comís Jon Heyman said today on WFAN.

However, he added, the Mets continue to hold firm asking for two top prospects.

The Mets are seeing more interest in Dickey since Zack Greinke signed with the Dodgers, and since James Shields was traded to the Royals, tweets Andy Martino of the Daily News.

However, Martino says the Mets donít see a fit with the Dodgers, as they ďdidnít like Zach Lee/Dee Gordon as return for Dickey.Ē
    That seems like good news..

vCash
    Matthew Cerrone, MetsBlog.com:

Dec. 12, 12:28 pm: To review, the Rangers (for Dickey) and Blue Jays (for Jon Niese) seem most interested in dealing with the Mets, though I’ve heard the Dodgers, Orioles, Red Sox and Mariners may soon get in to the mix again, as well.

The Mets are asking for two hitting prospects, because the very elite prospects (such as Rangers SS Jurickson Profar, like Wil Myers) are supposedly not available.

According to friends in Texas, the Mets like Rangers 3B-1B Mike Olt, but – like the Rangers – the Mets have questions about whether he can transition to the outfield. Also, the Rangers think he is worth more to a different team who will actually value him as a third baseman (such as the Braves).

So, because they can’t get Profar, and because Olt is a bit older and less valuable as an outfielder, the Mets are asking for a second bat from Texas (perhaps center fielder Leonys Martin). According to league insiders, this is essentially happening in every conversation with each team the Mets are talking with.

In other words, I think Alderson would trade Dickey or Niese for one bat, but it would have to be one serious, can’t-miss bat, and that offer isn’t being made. So, instead, he’s asking for your next two top hitters, and hoping a team overpays (since so many teams need pitching, and so few options are available).

vCash
    I hope we get something done in the form of a Dickey trade. Leonys Martin and Mike Olt would be nice. But ya know what..... so we told the Dodgers we don't like Zack Lee and Dee Gordon, but in the end, if that really is the best we can do, don't you guys think we have to make that trade?? Maybe we can get them to add Joc Pederson or Yasiel Puig, if we end up dealing with them.

Lee can definitely become a good pitcher and Gordon has the tools to become a Reyes type SS with less power. He probably won't have a 19 HR season or may not ever even have a double digit HR season, but he could be a .280-.290 hitter eventually with 60+ SB's and 100+ runs per season while playing good defense at SS. I'll take that plus a possible number 3 starter. Sure they could both turn out to be nothing special at all, but I strongly believe we aren't going to compete for a WS title in the next 2, maybe 3 yrs so resigning Dickey to a short extension just isn't going to be worth it. Take the chance on some young players. I think thats most likely what will happen, we're just waiting for the best possible offer.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    I think the Mets might get what they are looking for.

If teams are looking to part with their top hitting prospects for Dickey, then i would have to believe a team comes along more desperate for a top SP and meets the Mets closer to their demands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think the Mets might get what they are looking for.

If teams are looking to part with their top hitting prospects for Dickey, then i would have to believe a team comes along more desperate for a top SP and meets the Mets closer to their demands.
    If he does go it better be a good deal

vCash
    Personally, I think that a trade of Duda and Dickey for Olt and Martin happens in the end. Duda doesn't really have a place on this team. Sign Ross and have an OF of Olt-Martin-Ross, with Kirk and Baxter on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Personally, I think that a trade of Duda and Dickey for Olt and Martin happens in the end. Duda doesn't really have a place on this team. Sign Ross and have an OF of Olt-Martin-Ross, with Kirk and Baxter on the bench.
    I would definitely make a Dickey/Duda for Olt/Martin trade. I may even try to send them someone like Mejia and try to get Martin Perez or Cody Buckel as well. Worth a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I hope we get something done in the form of a Dickey trade. Leonys Martin and Mike Olt would be nice. But ya know what..... so we told the Dodgers we don't like Zack Lee and Dee Gordon, but in the end, if that really is the best we can do, don't you guys think we have to make that trade?? Maybe we can get them to add Joc Pederson or Yasiel Puig, if we end up dealing with them.

Lee can definitely become a good pitcher and Gordon has the tools to become a Reyes type SS with less power. He probably won't have a 19 HR season or may not ever even have a double digit HR season, but he could be a .280-.290 hitter eventually with 60+ SB's and 100+ runs per season while playing good defense at SS. I'll take that plus a possible number 3 starter. Sure they could both turn out to be nothing special at all, but I strongly believe we aren't going to compete for a WS title in the next 2, maybe 3 yrs so resigning Dickey to a short extension just isn't going to be worth it. Take the chance on some young players. I think thats most likely what will happen, we're just waiting for the best possible offer.
    I think Joc Pederson is a more interesting piece than Dee Gordon, there are serious questions about Gordon's bat and he has exhibited no power even in the PCL. I seriously doubt he ever hits more than 5 home runs a year.

His frame at 5'11, 160 lbs is not built for power either.

As for Zach Lee, yeah a lot of scouts love his possible upside but he hasn't overwhelmed anyone in the minors quite yet and his walk rate is still too high for my liking.

I understand the Mets holding out for better specs.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    I think Gordon & Lee would be a great addition too your team. Lee is a few years away and you could throw Gordon in as a starter this year or let him get a Lil more seasoning and bring him up at the AS Break.

I wouldn't be a big fan of letting Lee go for a 38yr. Old

Kershaw
    Grienke
    Dickey
    That just isn't fair too the rest of the league!

vCash
    I would lead a riot if we got Gordon lol. I HATE his makeup. He's fragile, no power and idk if he'll ever even hit well enough to last. Olt is a low risk player. He is gonna hit for power, no doubt about it. The only question is if he can handle a corner OF spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    I think Gordon & Lee would be a great addition too your team. Lee is a few years away and you could throw Gordon in as a starter this year or let him get a Lil more seasoning and bring him up at the AS Break.

Kershaw
    Grienke
    Dickey
    No thank you lol

vCash
    No thank you lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post

Kershaw
    Grienke
    Dickey
    Make it Castellanos, Pederson and Lee and maybe its a deal.

vCash
    I would lead a riot if we got Gordon lol. I HATE his makeup. He's fragile, no power and idk if he'll ever even hit well enough to last. Olt is a low risk player. He is gonna hit for power, no doubt about it. The only question is if he can handle a corner OF spot
    No prospect is a low risk-player, and Olt does have a high K rate.

But yeah, no to Gordon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post

Gordon will probably have to move off SS as he sucks there. He's probably best suited as a CF or maybe a 2B. He has no power, doesn't walk much, and has no strength to even get hits it seems. It's not like he's young either, he's going to be 25 next year so he really shouldn't have much value. He'd be a throw-in any deal.

The Dodgers just aren't a good trade partner for the Mets. We aren't just going to give Dickey away.

Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast