Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Right up there with Scott Hairston being our best outfielder last year.

And he's not even going to come back lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

And he's not even going to come back lol
    Yes. Although he hasn't signed with anyone yet, no? Until then there's always a chance Sandy will bring him back.

But I'm not holding my breath.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash

Six or seven teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey

Had a dream mets traded dickey for martin and 2 small prospects from Texas. I was actually disappointed in my dream that they could not get a return of Olt and martin.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash

vCash

olt is AAAA player

Comparing guys with MLB players who K-rate is 27% with older AA players whose K-rate is 27% is like comparing apples to oranges. What you need to compare MLB players K-rate at AA with this player and the results are startling.

Adam Dunn's career minor league K-rate was 16.5% with his highest K-rate was 17.6% Mark Reynold's minor league K-rate was 14.2%. His highest K-rate was 15.5% On the other hand Brandon Wood career minor league K-rate was 27%. He also was ranked the best prospect after his AA season and he's not even AAAA player any more.

I respectfully submit that his major career will be more like Wood;s rather Dunn's or Reynold"s.

vCash
    The Mets aren't expecting anything to happen with the Dodgers and Dickey, Martino reports (on Twitter). There doesn't appear to be a fit, as the Mets didn't like Zach Lee and Dee Gordon as a potential return.
    What would you guys think of that package?
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 12-12-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    Comparing guys with MLB players who K-rate is 27% with older AA players whose K-rate is 27% is like comparing apples to oranges. What you need to compare MLB players K-rate at AA with this player and the results are startling.

Adam Dunn's career minor league K-rate was 16.5% with his highest K-rate was 17.6% Mark Reynold's minor league K-rate was 14.2%. His highest K-rate was 15.5% On the other hand Brandon Wood career minor league K-rate was 27%. He also was ranked the best prospect after his AA season and he's not even AAAA player any more.

I respectfully submit that his major career will be more like Wood;s rather Dunn's or Reynold"s.
    I agree. I don't think Olt is garbage but I am definitely more interested in acquiring Martin. His skill set would be great in Citifield. Kinda reminds me of a Curtis Granderson before steroids and the little league stadium he plays in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    What would you guys think of that package?
    Hate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hate it.
    Yeah I can't blame the Mets for turning that down either - but I did find it interesting that's what the Dodgers were offering.

I do like Zach Lee though but I think Dee Gordon is horribly overrated.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Thats not a terrible proposal. Move Tejada to 2B then we can flip Murphy + prospects for the Out Fielder we are looking for.

Then you have a rotation for the next decade of Harvey-Wheeler-Lee-Niese....filthy.

I would assume Murphy has pretty good trade value, especially to an AL team. Nobody can question his hitting ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Thats not a terrible proposal. Move Tejada to 2B then we can flip Murphy + prospects for the Out Fielder we are looking for.

Then you have a rotation for the next decade of Harvey-Wheeler-Lee-Niese....filthy.

I would assume Murphy has pretty good trade value, especially to an AL team. Nobody can question his hitting ability.
    Except for the fact that there are questions about Dee Gordon's bat at the major league level.

Lee has upside but has been underwhelming in the minors so far and still walks too many hitters for my liking to this point. He has upside yes but it's probably a moot point now that the Dodgers acquired Greinke.

vCash
    Lee has appeal because he's the Dodgers top rated prospect...however that's because they gave away all their prospects to Boston. He's got like a mid 4 ERA in AA. Not exactly "filthy". I agree that Dee Gordon is all wheels, no bat but I do like Joc Pederson if you could package meaningful players with him.

vCash
    Sandy was right to turn down Lee and Gordon. The Dodgers really don't match up well with us. Best we could do, I think, would be Joc Pederson, Alex Castellanos and Tim Federowicz.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Yeah I can't blame the Mets for turning that down either - but I did find it interesting that's what the Dodgers were offering.

I do like Zach Lee though but I think Dee Gordon is horribly overrated.
    Dee Gordon is just plain horrible. He is as much of a disaster in the field as he is at the plate. Dodger talent continues to be over-hyped. It has been the Dodger way for a very long time.
    Last edited by Il Mostro; 12-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast