Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 1196
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    I would personally love Avisail Garcia
    Flores is better.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    855
    vCash
    1500
    Garcia is actually an OF though

  3. #738
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    lol yeah the tigers are def. dark horses imo, if they lose out on sanchez dickey would be a nice backup plan, and we need OF prospect in castellanos
    Castellanos is a 3rd baseman

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Garcia is actually an OF though
    I don't think he's a good one though. He's huge at 6'4" 240 lbs.

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Flores is better.
    If he can stay at 2nd, yes he's an absolute stud.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    If he can stay at 2nd, yes he's an absolute stud.
    You've got it, hey hey! We're talkin corner outfielder!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9FcW7xyNtg
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You've got it, hey hey! We're talkin corner outfielder!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9FcW7xyNtg
    Has your opinion changed about Flores yet?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    329
    vCash
    1500
    Heyman reported on WFAN that several teams have offered a top prospects for Dickey but the Mets are holding out for a second one.

    Time for the Mets to make those teams put up their best offers, and if they aren't good enough, sign Dickey. My guess is something happens in the next few days.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Has your opinion changed about Flores yet?
    How can you ask me that Clay? My opinion has changed so many freaking times you think i can keep track?

    Here's where my head is now: Flores right now is a commodity with a bat and no position. The Mets right now are a team without bats and plenty of positions to be filled.

    What the hell would it cost them to see if this guy can handle himself in left field? Yes, I heard all the reports about his slow foot speed. But if he was a shortstop at some point in his life, especially for nearly all of his young professional career, he's obviously not the second coming of Ernie Lombardi.

    But hey, I've never seen him. Maybe if I catch a glimpse of him in ST I may feel differently. Until then I'll be scratching my head wondering how a power hitting ex-shortstop isn't being considered as a possible outfielder on a team that has none. Zero. Zip. Bupkis!

    Just makes no sense and flies in the face of reason. But hey, these are the New York Mets, aren't they?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Heyman reported on WFAN that several teams have offered a top prospects for Dickey but the Mets are holding out for a second one.

    Time for the Mets to make those teams put up their best offers, and if they aren't good enough, sign Dickey. My guess is something happens in the next few days.
    Danny Hultzen please.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    How can you ask me that Clay? My opinion has changed so many freaking times you think i can keep track?

    Here's where my head is now: Flores right now is a commodity with a bat and no position. The Mets right now are a team without bats and plenty of positions to be filled.

    What the hell would it cost them to see if this guy can handle himself in left field? Yes, I heard all the reports about his slow foot speed. But if he was a shortstop at some point in his life, especially for nearly all of his young professional career, he's obviously not the second coming of Ernie Lombardi.

    But hey, I've never seen him. Maybe if I catch a glimpse of him in ST I may feel differently. Until then I'll be scratching my head wondering how a power hitting ex-shortstop isn't being considered as a possible outfielder on a team that has none. Zero. Zip. Bupkis!

    Just makes no sense and flies in the face of reason. But hey, these are the New York Mets, aren't they?
    I've seen him a few times, he looks comfortable at 2nd and if I was in the FO that's where I would put him. He just isn't that fast, actually he's slow.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,353
    vCash
    1500
    The Mets want hitting, not pitching, and they want two top guys. They will keep Dickey because that offer will probably never be on the table.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I've seen him a few times, he looks comfortable at 2nd and if I was in the FO that's where I would put him. He just isn't that fast, actually he's slow.
    But the need is in the outfield, not second base. If he plays second, then you have to figure out what you'r gonna do with Daniel Murphy, one of our best hitters.

    Sure, if Flores can play second then you trade Murphy and so on and so forth. But then we're just spinning our wheels.

    Seems to me the first move should have been to send him to the IL to see what he could do in the outfield.

    Or catcher.

    Yeah, that's the ticket! Maybe we should make him a catcher! Can't believe i didn't think of that before!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,353
    vCash
    1500
    Daniel Murphy being one of our best hitters is a problem.

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    31,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Daniel Murphy being one of our best hitters is a problem.
    Right up there with Scott Hairston being our best outfielder last year.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •