Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have a feeling the Mets are going to be wishing they took Olt and moved on.

vCash

Six or seven teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey

The Mets will keep Dickey because in the end it means a few more wins and a few more millions as far as team revenue goes.

vCash
    I think this is the wrong move. Trading him is the smart move. This team has no outfield. If dickey is resigned i think niese will be traded soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfinest4life View Post
    I think this is the wrong move. Trading him is the smart move. This team has no outfield. If dickey is resigned i think niese will be traded soon
    It looks like the best we can get for him right now is Olt. That sucks. I mean, Olt isn't bad but I'm looking for more than that.

It looks like the market just isn't there for him now.

Right now my prediction is this: Mets re-sign Dickey to a team friendly extension. Then they re-evaluate the trade market, Dickey's performance and the team's needs at the all star break. I hate it, because you would really prefer to have the decision behind you and be able to gauge where the team is headed... but I see it going down like that. If Sandy can get Wheeler for Beltran (at his age) from a desperate team at the break, then why should we settle for Olt for Dickey?

As to Niese: I don't understand how we could deal him right now. First, youth and his affordable contract are the 2 most attractive things about him right now - and that's exactly what we're after... so why give it up? Second, how much more would he fetch in a trade than Dickey? Not much. If you're gonna trade 1 of them, it's GOT to be Dickey.
    Last edited by StoicSentry; 12-11-2012 at 08:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    It looks like the best we can get for him right now is Olt. That sucks. I mean, Olt isn't bad but I'm looking for more than that.

It looks like the market just isn't there for him now.

Right now my prediction is this: Mets re-sign Dickey to a team friendly extension. Then they re-evaluate the trade market, Dickey's performance and the team's needs at the all star break. I hate it, because you would really prefer to have the decision behind you and be able to gauge where the team is headed... but I see it going down like that. If Sandy can get Wheeler for Beltran (at his age) from a desperate team at the break, then why should we settle for Olt for Dickey?

As to Niese: I don't understand how we could deal him right now. First, youth and his affordable contract are the 2 most attractive things about him right now - and that's exactly what we're after... so why give it up? Second, how much more would he fetch in a trade than Dickey? Not much. If you're gonna trade 1 of them, it's GOT to be Dickey.

I'm much higher on Niese then a lot of people on here. I wouldn't trade him for anyone but Myers straight up. I wouldn't even trade him for Upton as IDK if last year he regressed or just had a sub par year. I really think he will develop into a solid number 2 starter for us this year.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    All in all not trading Dickey or extending him is a disservice to both Met fans and R.A. Dickey. They need to pay the man or give him up for someone who will. R.A. Dickey > New York Mets haha. Its bad when one player is more popular then the entire team.

PAY THE MAN!!

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    [/B]

I'm much higher on Niese then a lot of people on here. I wouldn't trade him for anyone but Myers straight up. I wouldn't even trade him for Upton as IDK if last year he regressed or just had a sub par year. I really think he will develop into a solid number 2 starter for us this year.
    Daaaamn. I'm OK with him and all but I was never as optimistic as that! A #2? I hope you're right. If we retained Dickey, and added Wheeler at the ASB?

1. Dickey (#1 type starter)
    2. Niese (#2/#3 type starter)
    3. Harvey (#2/#3 type starter, upside of #1?)
    4. Wheeler (#2/#3 type starter, upside of #1?)
    5. Gee (low end #4 or very high end #5 type starter, upside of... 3? Injuries.)

That is an AMAZING staff, especially if Niese ends up being as good as you think he'll be.

Then there's Santana (I'm not sure where he fits into the rotation, or what he is at this stage in his career. He's still good, though, and I would still get excited to see him pitch, even if he was the #5.. but he isn't a #5 type starter at all, not even at this stage in his career. Then, who knows if he'll stay healthy but we'll see).

vCash
    Replace Wheeler with Santana because Wheeler will be in AAA, once Santana runs out of gas, Wheeler will replace him. If Santana is pitching real well maybe you can call up Wheeler and deal Santana at the deadline for something(if you pay all his $$$)

vCash
    If we keep dickey, which we should now because every offer has been **** and not worth it, we should trade Gee for the best outfielder we can get for him. Loosing him if we keep dickey, niese will not be a big loss but he could give us something pretty good in return.

We need to pray Santana has a good year so we can trade him at the deadline

vCash
    I'm ok with re-signing Dickey. The Mets still would have to do something about the outfield, but I'm an R.A. fan and I believe he can pitch at a high level for the next few years.

vCash
    Harvey is going to be an ace. He has the demeanor, make-up, stuff, and durability.

If Wheeler fulfills his potential, then we will be money.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Sandsy Alderson acknowledges he does expect the 2013 Opening Day roster to look similar to the end of 2012.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    This is the same guy who said we have no outfield. So I guess we will have no outfield in 2013 either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    AdamRubinESPN Sandsy Alderson acknowledges he does expect the 2013 Opening Day roster to look similar to the end of 2012.
    lol

vCash
    If the Mets are not going to trade Dickey, then they should spend some money this off-season. Why not re-sign Dickey and sign Cody Ross, AJ, and one or two bullpen arms? That would make for a competitive enough team for this year, and hopefully generate some good momentum going into 2014.

Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast