Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think Moore wins the contest.
    If I was a Royals fan I would be pissed right now.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Ask and you shall receive.. I'm drooling all over myself. #2 & #3 prospect here we come! Cast your line SA, lets see what bites. No fish finder required!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    If Martin & Olt are New York Mets in 2013 do you think they both make the Opening Day lineup?

.. Obviously this trade would put Mejia in the Rotation as hopes per TC.

But for anyone that thinks JPA gets swapped for Gee, it cannot happen if RA gets traded. Gee's value for the Mets would only grow if Dickey is not in the rotation this year.
    Replacing Dickey and Gee with Mejia & Hefner/Pelfrey/????? would just set them back.

The Mets can't afford to lose 2/5 of the rotation.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    If Martin & Olt are New York Mets in 2013 do you think they both make the Opening Day lineup?

.. Obviously this trade would put Mejia in the Rotation as hopes per TC.

But for anyone that thinks JPA gets swapped for Gee, it cannot happen if RA gets traded. Gee's value for the Mets would only grow if Dickey is not in the rotation this year.
    Replacing Dickey and Gee with Mejia & Hefner/Pelfrey/????? would just set them back.

The Mets can't afford to lose 2/5 of the rotation.
    I don't think they will, they will not give up a year of control for 3-5 weeks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I saw that KC tried to trade Myers to OAK for Brett Anderson and got turned down. I really hope we didn't get asked about a Myers for Niese deal straight up and turn it down. If they wanted Anderson I would think they'd want Niese too. Anderson isn't that much better than Niese.

Anyway, hoping for Olt and Martin now, maybe more. We should be able to get that for Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I saw that KC tried to trade Myers to OAK for Brett Anderson and got turned down. I really hope we didn't get asked about a Myers for Niese deal straight up and turn it down. If they wanted Anderson I would think they'd want Niese too. Anderson isn't that much better than Niese.

Anyway, hoping for Olt and Martin now, maybe more. We should be able to get that for Dickey.
    lol yeah according to the bluejays fans in their forums dickey isnt worth gose str8 up, they have me laughing over there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    D'Arnaud and Gose and pretty easily to be honest.
    Interesting because that would be my third choice. Add Bonafacio and it becomes my #1 though.

vCash
    A few concerns about Martin. For one, he's 25, not 24 (Turns 25 in March). Also, he's Cuban so for all we know he's 27. That said, he did have a monster year last year in AAA ball even though it was the PCL.

LOL, when it comes to RA Dickey I'm like the proud father of a beautiful daughter. No suitor is going to be enough for me. But as the Zen Master said, we'll see.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    Interesting because that would be my third choice. Add Bonafacio and it becomes my #1 though.
    I like Peterson, but Lee is overrated to me and both are not ready. I don't want to deal with the Dodgers.

D'Arnaud is the best player out of all those guys and he plays a premium position in catcher which is a huge need for us. I'm not pro-Gose, but he does bring a lot of nice secondary skills to the table and is still very young.

If we had a need at 3B, Olt and Martin would probably be the best package, but since Olt would play RF, he loses some value that was tied to him being a good defensive 3B. I still would love that deal though since D'Arnaud is not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    lol yeah according to the bluejays fans in their forums dickey isnt worth gose str8 up, they have me laughing over there
    realistically, he probably isn't in the long run...but when it comes to these types of deals, teams aren't doing it for the long run, they taste the playoffs now and want to solidify their position...there have been a lot of stupid trades over the years where a team gives away a prospect that has a great career for a veteran pitcher that fizzles after 1 season...

As great of a year that Dickey had, there were some good offensive clubs that shelled him...He got pummeled by the Yanks, the Braves and the Reds...Would he have the same success in the AL East facing some great offenses, that he had this year facing a lot of younger, less formidable offenses?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    Bonifacio would be a welcome addition to the Mets...Switch hitter with speed that can play CF, corner OF or any infield position...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    Except not one Blue Jay fan said that.... in fact, almost every one of them said they'd give Gose + for him.

What was ACTUALLY said, since you know, you can't actually read, is that we wouldn't give up a package such as (example offer) JPA + Gose + Syndergaard/Sanchez - which is completely reasonable for Jay fans to think that.

In fact, many Jays fans would be ok with a JPA + Gose trade for Dickey, especially if there was an extension being worked out between Dickey and the Blue Jays. We all know, you think Gose is a scrub, but people who actually follow baseball realize he is a very good prospect. If he'd agree to an extension with Toronto I'd do that trade, no question and probably would do it anyways - but the Mets want d'Arnaud, Sanchez and Gose by the way some people are talking and in that case you can certainly keep him. It worked out very well with Jose Reyes, so I'm sure it'll be the right move in the long run.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Gose is not THAT great a prospect dude. Nice way to over value jays prospects. No way the mets would trade Dickey for JPA and Gose only. We'd get hosed in that deal. JPA isn't very good at all. See what the rays got for Shields? And it's not like he has an incredible season every yr. Hell, he hasn't even had too many very good yrs. Look up the pitchers who in the last 3 yrs have over 600 innings and under 3.00 era. Just about every one is a perennial all star and most will be a HOF. Dickey is one of the pitchers on that list over the last 3 yrs. It's not like he came from nowhere to have a great yr. It's gonna cost d'Arnaud or a package of good prospects, including both Syndergaard and Gose.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Gose is not THAT great a prospect dude. Nice way to over value jays prospects. No way the mets would trade Dickey for JPA and Gose only. We'd get hosed in that deal. JPA isn't very good at all. See what the rays got for Shields? And it's not like he has an incredible season every yr. Hell, he hasn't even had too many very good yrs. Look up the pitchers who in the last 3 yrs have over 600 innings and under 3.00 era. Just about every one is a perennial all star and most will be a HOF. Dickey is one of the pitchers on that list over the last 3 yrs. It's not like he came from nowhere to have a great yr. It's gonna cost d'Arnaud or a package of good prospects, including both Syndergaard and Gose.
    Then feel free to keep him..... I have no issues with that at all. The longer you keep him without an extension the more his value tanks until you get to the point where he walks as a free agent.

Kinda like Reyes, which I mentioned in my previous post.

I mean, Jesus, we worked out a deal with the Phillies for Doc Halladay who has a much better track record AND he agreed to an extension - yet Toronto didn't get as much as you guys are asking for 1 year of Dickey.

So keep him - no one in Toronto will give a damn, I assure you.... but just like before the trade deadline on Reyes when you all thought you were going to get the moon, stars and sun for the guy he'll walk for a comp pick . I'm sure you'll be pleased with that return

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Prospects are just that. Prospects. Even the best prospects fail sometimes. And because of that, you have to pay a high price if u want. Cy Young pitcher who's been good for a few years and keeps getting better. Age matters little here, as he doesn't have many career innings and virtually no wear and tear.

Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast