Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I heard an Evan Longoria comp for him. Would seem like a waste putting him in the outfield, but that's a valuable player to have if Wright ever gets hurt.

vCash
    With the state the mets are in right now, after reading these scouting reports how can Sandy not pull the trigger to get Olt for Dickey?

We get Olt and sign a solid bat in the 2014 offseason, then you add guys we already have in Wright, Ike, Flores, Tejada, Murphy...looks like a solid lineup.

vCash
    The Player: Mike Olt (3B, Texas Rangers) – Supplemental first-round pick by the Rangers out of Connecticut in 2010. Signed quickly and posted a .293/.390/.464 line in 69 games in the Northwest League in debut. Hit .267 with 15 doubles and 14 home runs in 69 games with High-A Myrtle Beach in 2011. Missed a large part of the 2011 season with a broken collarbone. Hitting .287/.397/.580 with 15 doubles and a whopping 26 home runs in 87 games at Double-A this year.

Basis of Report: Compilation – Industry Contacts

Scouting Report

Body (6-2, 210): Physical, mature and strong body. Really good frame with tons of natural strength. Solid athleticism with fluid movements and good coordination for a man of his build.

Hit: Very good knowledge of the strike zone and outstanding pitch recognition skills. Aggressive swinger that doesn’t get cheated at the plate. Lots of swing and miss because of aggression in swing. Makes enough contact for average hit tool and for power to play in game situations. Can work into good counts and finds pitches to drive to all fields. Will frequently miss on quality breaking balls but has improved. Would struggle right now but has aptitude and work ethic to project for average hit. Grade – 40/50

Power: Plus-plus bat speed, strength and leverage in swing generate jaw-dropping power at times. Hits enough for power to translate. Can drive ball out to all fields and trusts strength to generate oppo power. Easy plus raw power with projection for plus-plus an totals approaching 30 per season. Grade (raw power) – 60/70

Arm: Can make every throw from 3B. Good strength and carry on throws. Plenty of velocity. Easy plus arm. Grade – 60/60

Fielding: Former SS. Really smooth at 3B. Excellent reactions and first step. Moves well to both sides. Has plus range with good hands and ability to make routine and spectacular plays. Arm works at the position. Total package defensively. Grade – 60/60
    http://baseballprospectnation.com/20...t-mike-olt-3b/
    Here is the rest of the scouting report

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Olt would make a great fielding replacement for Wright later on in his career. I'm sold. I want him.

vCash
    Flores is rated a 20 in speed
    Dear geezus.That's Jason Phillips slow.

vCash

Pull the trigger Sandy

We have a golden opportunity to get a quality young prospect in return for Dickey. Please don't be stupid here....trade our 38 year old pitcher for a potential superstar NOW. Our future is not with Dickey as nice a guy as he is. We need to sell now since he is worth a ton in trade value!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    He's a free agent. They would be signing him, not trading for him.
    I never said anything about a trade, I just said the dodgers are not done and I can see them signing sanchez or lohse with the spending limits they are given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeTsFan4eVeR View Post
    We have a golden opportunity to get a quality young prospect in return for Dickey. Please don't be stupid here....trade our 38 year old pitcher for a potential superstar NOW. Our future is not with Dickey as nice a guy as he is. We need to sell now since he is worth a ton in trade value!
    Wow! So you know exactly what deal is on the table and for what potential superstar? Care to share your sources and details?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Is there any chance Olt can play SS in the majors?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    no

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Did the Mets really turn down Olt for Dickey? I'd assume this is just posturing, and Sandy is trying to get a bidding war going. But if that doesn't work, he has to take Olt imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Wow! So you know exactly what deal is on the table and for what potential superstar? Care to share your sources and details?
    http://metsblog.com/rumors/outfield/...or-r-a-dickey/

Pretty much all scouting reports are saying that Olt is a future .270-275 hitter who can hit 30 homers. He's also a stud defensively at 3B and has the arm/decent speed to be a decent fielding corner OFer.

Seems like an Ike Davis type bat who can fill our outfield holes. I would pull the trigger.

vCash
    Dickey is a superstar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Did the Mets really turn down Olt for Dickey? I'd assume this is just posturing, and Sandy is trying to get a bidding war going. But if that doesn't work, he has to take Olt imo.
    I would try to get more.

Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast