Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like the fact he can spell Ike and DW, since Ike needs to sit against certain lefty's and David looks beat at times. He could use some time off, but try telling that to him. Sign Cody Ross, make a trade for Olt and a lower prospect. If we got to throw in one additional player to get two young hitters, why not. We have no hitters outside of Flores, and we can't even find him a spot due to the fact he runs like a milk truck.

I thought he looked faster then that. He doesn't clog of the base paths.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    I like the fact he can spell Ike and DW, since Ike needs to sit against certain lefty's and David looks beat at times. He could use some time off, but try telling that to him. Sign Cody Ross, make a trade for Olt and a lower prospect. If we got to throw in one additional player to get two young hitters, why not. We have no hitters outside of Flores, and we can't even find him a spot due to the fact he runs like a milk truck.
    You could say Flores runs like Mike Olt.

vCash
    have a feeling the dodgers are not done and will also sign sanchez, or lohse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    have a feeling the dodgers are not done and will also sign sanchez, or lohse.
    I don't think they'd want to be making anymore big trades, unless they want to play 2013 without a minor league system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    You could say Flores runs like Mike Olt.
    Na Flores is definitely much slower.

vCash
    I dunno how can you say that when you did not know Olt was that slow till the scouting report was posted.

I personally do not know who is slower of the 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I don't think they'd want to be making anymore big trades, unless they want to play 2013 without a minor league system.
    ESPN Insider Jim Bowden tweets that the Dodgers expect discussions to go down to the wire Sunday, and if they can't sign Ryu, the Dodgers will go after Anibal Sanchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I dunno how can you say that when you did not know Olt was that slow till the scouting report was posted.

I personally do not know who is slower of the 2.
    All the scouting reports I have seen haven't questioned ability to move to the outfield.

Everything I have read on Flores says he doesn't have the quickness for second or the foot speed for the outfield.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Offensively, Olt doesn't profile to hit for a high average -- he's not a burner (his speed has been described as "fringe-average")

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Yep, fringe average sounds right to me. The scouting report that said well below average seemed wrong. He moves well enough to play an average corner outfield, and he's definitely got the arm for it.

His bat speed is very impressive. He'll K, but I expect a lot of homers.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-09-2012 at 02:30 PM.

vCash
    Speed: Strong and physical frame hurts running ability. Below-average home-to-first times. Good enough athlete to maintain speed and avoid becoming a problem. Grade – 40/40
    Flores is rated a 20 in speed

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    I would be pissed if the Rangers are offering us Olt for Dickey and we turn them down.

vCash
    Summation: Impressive player. Carries himself like a big leaguer. Confident, at times cocky, but not in a bad way. Has leadership ability. Potential for 30 home runs a year with walks and .270-.275 average. Run producing third baseman with easy plus defense and arm. All-Star caliber player that can be a cornerstone piece in a championship lineup.

Relative Risk: Low. Some minor concern over swing and miss. Power and defense are so impressive the risk is low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    ESPN Insider Jim Bowden tweets that the Dodgers expect discussions to go down to the wire Sunday, and if they can't sign Ryu, the Dodgers will go after Anibal Sanchez.
    He's a free agent. They would be signing him, not trading for him.

vCash
    Metsblog
    Dec. 9, 2:16 pm:*The Rangers have expressed a willingness to move prospect*Mike Olt*for*R.A. Dickey, according to Andy Martino of the Daily News.

It’s unclear whether or not the Rangers are willing to include more than Olt, although Martino notes, “R.A. Dickey is not a Ranger right now. So not yet.”

Meanwhile, Martino says the Mets and Dickey have made “modest progress” on a contract extension since the end of the Winter Meetings.

“Dialogue between camps has resumed,” Martino says.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast