Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Come on, that wouldn't be enough to get you Dillon Gee. Both those guys (Arencibia + Gose) look like backups at this point.
    You saw what Martin went as a free agent right (8.5 million per)? JPA might not be in our plans longterm because we have best catching prospect in baseball behind him but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value.

Especially, considering he's cheap and under control until 2017. He's not even arb eligible until after next season.

Gose was rushed through the system because he was extremely advanced for his age. He's not a backup CF. He has the tools of an allstar CF.

If you are going by his pure Minor league numbers to make that evaluation you are a fool. He was playing against players 2-3 years older then him his entire Minor League career.

Now individual scouts will commonly vary wildly on each player. If the Mets scouts don't like Gose for whatever reason, fine. But that I know from listening to people who have connections to the blue jays (blair, elliot, etc) that the Blue Jays covet Gose and he is ranked highly by their scouts.

BA had him as the 39th best prospect in baseball last season. So the scouts they talked to, didn't see him as a backup going forward either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    You saw what Martin went as a free agent right (8.5 million per)? JPA might not be in our plans longterm because we have best catching prospect in baseball behind him but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value.

Especially, considering he's cheap and under control until 2017. He's not even arb eligible until after next season.

Gose was rushed through the system because he was extremely advanced for his age. He's not a backup CF. He has the tools of an allstar CF.

If you are going by his pure Minor league numbers to make that evaluation you are a fool. He was playing against players 2-3 years older then him his entire Minor League career.

Now individual scouts will commonly vary wildly on each player. If the Mets scouts don't like Gose for whatever reason, fine. But that I know from listening to people who have connections to the blue jays (blair, elliot, etc) that the Blue Jays covet Gose and he is ranked highly by their scouts.

BA had him as the 39th best prospect in baseball last season. So the scouts they talked to, didn't see him as a backup going forward either.
    JP isn't that good defensively, he doesn't get on base either. Let's not over value him.

There are 2 reasons why I want JP.
    He's better than anything we have by a country mile, and I look forward to listen to Keith Hernandez butcher his name on a continuos basis.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- ESPN.com reported eight teams, including the Red Sox, met with the Mets about R.A. Dickey on Monday. Jon Heyman lists the other teams as the Blue Jays, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Nationals, Orioles, Rangers and Royals.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    If the Royals aren't willing to part with Myers, I would be interested in Ventura, Cain and Starling.

vCash
    Good article detailing R.A.'s true trade value.

If Greinke goes to one of the LA clubs, then maybe you’re asking Texas for Mike Olt and Leonys Martin. If he goes to Texas, then maybe you’re asking the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Joc Pederson.
    \

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-trade-value/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Good article detailing R.A.'s true trade value.

\

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-trade-value/
    Olt and Martin please.

vCash

Six or seven teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey

Yeah, I would love Olt and Martin too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, I would love Olt and Martin too.
    But where would Olt play? I mean we just got that huge contract with David, would you move him to 2B? But we still have Murph. Altho he probably would be gone when Olt is ready...It's a conundrum.

vCash
    I just feel like that Dodgers deal is everything we don't need if we trade Dickey.

Zack Lee - Even though you can never have to much pitching it doesn't make sense that unless the pitcher is just that good it would be a waste not to get a bat that can help the line up now and for the future.

Joc Pederson - Even though he is an OF he bats left handed. He would make out OF all left handed hitters given we stick with Kirk and Duda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    But where would Olt play? I mean we just got that huge contract with David, would you move him to 2B? But we still have Murph. Altho he probably would be gone when Olt is ready...It's a conundrum.
    I am sure they would do everything in their power to make him a RF. He has very few games played in the OF so their really isn't much info on him their for defense.

vCash
    Right Field.

vCash
    I'd take Lee and Joc. 2014 Zach attack.

vCash
    The idea of having a rotation in 2014 of Harvey, Wheeler, Lee is borderline orgasmic. Still, I'd rather get Olt for RF, Olt and Martin would be better
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Lee at all if the idea wasn't to get an immediate impact bat for the OF. If we didn't need OF help so bad Lee would be a lot easier to swallow as a trade.

vCash
    Corner Outfielder

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast