Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    I guess the Toronto doesn't want Dickey. want Dickey based on a package of a 5th OF and a backup catcher. I wouldn't deal Gee for that package.
    You mean Gose + Arencibia? Yeah, that's not enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Except for the fact that he said he wont be asking for a lot.
    Except you know the fact that if he was willing to take a discount on forgoing FA the Mets would have signed him already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    Except you know the fact that if he was willing to take a discount on forgoing FA the Mets would have signed him already.

not without exploring trades first. and suppose this is all a ploy to get RA to lower his demands to remain a met
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    You mean Gose + Arencibia? Yeah, that's not enough.
    It should be, but it won't be.

Who knows maybe one team goes stupid and gives sandy what he wants like he got with Beltran.

Or maybe they don't and he lets him go for nothing like he did with Reyes and harriston.

As an opposing fan Sandy doesn't seem like an easy GM to deal with. I'd rather AA look elsewhere rather then wait for sandy demands to come down to what the rest of league values Dickey as.

vCash
    Go get Elvis Andrus and move Tejada to 2nd, boom 2nd base problem solved!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    not without exploring trades first. and suppose this is all a ploy to get RA to lower his demands to remain a met
    To me anyways it appears like you have a GM who doesn't know what he's doing.

If you value Dickey at Boegarts and Bradley then why haven't you signed him to extension already? He would be underpaid considering the asking price you have set via trade.

I mean that's a similar package to what halladay went for. He's a 20-25 million dollar a year pitcher. Why are you only offering dickey 10-13 million a season?

As someone who follows the mets as well...I just don't understand the logic of the Sandy era. The dude seems confident to just stand back and let the rest of league pass him by and do nothing.

Okay I get the Wilpons are broke. But why aren't you guys more aggressive. Why didn't you move Reyes.? What was the purpose of the wright signing? Why didn't you move Harriston? Why are your demands so high for Dickey?

How do you expect to compete with the current strategy in place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Go get Elvis Andrus and move Tejada to 2nd, boom 2nd base problem solved!
    Andrus and Tejada up the middle would be very solid for years to come. I think we need to get an OF'er though if we are to deal Dickey. We are so depleted out there.

vCash
    I know we would need to add more but would Colby Rasmus interest the Mets? he is still young and plays a very good CF

vCash
    Source - #Blue Jays are 1 of the serious suitors for RA Dickey - would include a package with a catcher (Arencibia) plus others.
    Jim Duquette's twitter

I'd be upset if Arencibia was the center piece...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Jim Duquette's twitter

I'd be upset if Arencibia was the center piece...
    What else do they have besides their 2 catchers?

vCash
    No one is giving up top prospects for a 38 year old pitcher coming off of a career year.

There's the giant elephant in the room. He's 38. He's good for 2-3 years TOPS.

vCash
    I don't even want Arencibia. I like in Ottawa and I watch alot of the Blue Jays games, I don't know why you guys are all hyping up about him? The guy's Josh Thole lol, move on, I want something way better than JPA.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    A similar return might be what the Yankees had to give up for Randy Johnson, if we want to be realistic here:

"The Yankees will send the right-hander Javier Vazquez, the left-hander Brad Halsey, the catching prospect Dioner Navarro and $8.5 million to $9 million to Arizona for one of the best left-handers ever."

He was 41. Mets should expect a slightly better return (and I'm hesitant even saying THAT). Johnson came off of a better year than Dickey. Temper your expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post
    No one is giving up top prospects for a 38 year old pitcher coming off of a career year.

Yea no doubt last year was his best season but let's not act like it was a fluke; he has a 2.95 ERA in the last 3 seasons

And I understand his age is a concern but as a knuckleballer who doesn't have as much mileage as most 38 year olders, he'll age better than a traditional pitcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus View Post

Except for the fact that's he an ace making 5 million this year and the reigning NL Cy Young winner.

Knuckleballers don't age the same way traditional pitchers do.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem understanding that concept.

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast